• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifYou Use 123Byrequest... (Vent Warning)

In summary, several others have had trouble with their PayPal subscriptions renewing on time, and were not notified. Paypal says that they may be able to refund the money, but this is not always possible.
ChefKrisB
Gold Member
I'm sorry to sound like I'm whining, but I just cancelled my subscription on Sat. I new it was coming up for renewal...anyway...I just got an email from paypal saying that I paid for another year!!! :eek: I never got a renewal notice, or anything! So, now I'm waiting to hear about a refund. Has anyone had this problem?? Any advice??

I think several others have had similar trouble. Do a search for byrequest & you'll probably find them.

You may be able to send a funds request through PayPal to 123, with a note that you just cancelled your subscription. Hopefully, that will get you your money back.

I had the same thing happen because Stephanie had set it up as a recurring subscription in Paypal. I FINALLY got my money back, but it took many, many emails and I mailed her a letter via USPS as well.

I love 123byrequest! I've never had any issues with it.

wadesgirl said:

LOL - I think you might be the only one.

I sent an email to her letting her know that I had cancelled. I looked up the website, but there's no phone number. So, I'll give it a day or two and then do a dispute thru paypal. Thanks for letting me vent! :)

ChefKrisB said:
I sent an email to her letting her know that I had cancelled. I looked up the website, but there's no phone number. So, I'll give it a day or two and then do a dispute thru paypal. Thanks for letting me vent! :)

You will not win the dispute because it is set up as a recurring subscription. I went through the same thing. You will need to contact Stephanie.

Good luck.

wadesgirl said:

No, I have only had one problem with her. I settled it by writing a letter stating with dates of when I had e-mailed her and what I wrote in each e-mail.

I stated in the letter that if I did not hear back from her by (gave her one month) then I was going to contact the Attorney General's office. I did write that I did not want it to go that far because I really do like her newsletter.

The letter was sent certified and delivery confirmation request with signature.

The letter got her attention and the issue was cleared up immediately.

Just a word of advice...be as professional and curtious as possible but have:

1. documentation of all times, date and wording of when you tried to contact her previously.

2. a date of reasonable expected resolution

3. invest in the certified letter and delivery confirmation request with signature.

If you ever did have to take the issue to the Attorney General, this would provide them with proof that you did do all you could to contact the company with whom you had an issue with.

I know another person who uses 123 and emailed Stephanie personally to help when I was trying to decide and Stephanie did not respond to either my friend or send anything to me. Of course my friend has used 123 for a while and has a LARGE team so you'd think she'd reply but to no aval.

(not going to name my friend out of respect for privacy) :)

Yeah, when I started with her a couple of years ago, things were great. Emails and questions were handled quickly and easily. Over the last 6 months, it's gotten a little crazy. I'm thinking that she just has too much. I know that I wouldn't want to try to do a newsletter with so many people depending on me. But, that being said, this is a little much. I never agreed to auto-renew. If I was sending her checks instead of using paypal, this wouldn't have happened.

If you never signed up for auto-renew, send her a letter (registered, and all that) stating that you never gave her permission to auto-bill your PayPal account, and if the funds are not returned you will pursue it as theft.

DebbieJ said:
You will not win the dispute because it is set up as a recurring subscription. I went through the same thing. You will need to contact Stephanie.

Good luck.

You should report being set up as recurring to PayPal. If you didn't sign up for it, they should know it.

Ok, I sent more emails and am sending a certified letter, etc with copies of everything tomorrow. This is sooooo annoying!

One of my consultants looked up her name in Yahoo White Pages and found a phone number. She called and never heard back, but it did get her name there ANOTHER way to let her know she wasn't happy. Good luck!

In 5 months since I signed up for this newsletter, I actually only received 1. I would *never* recommend this newsletter to anyone. The one I received was for July and she attached May and June (what good was that to me in July). I never received Aug, Sept, Oct. I've given up contacting her. I will however make sure I'm not a recurring subscription. I'm still trying to cancel my first subscription.

I had a similar situation, where I ordered the e-vites July 5th and never received them. I went through PayPal. I have sent an email to every address I have for them with a letter every month and have not received a response...BEWARE! Paypal just sent me an email that you can file a dispute within 60 days or ask for a refund within 45 days. It's really ashame all the business they get from PC and they can't even answer or hold up to their commitments. I'm just looking at it as I am out $23.49. Thanks for the warning about the newsletter, I will make sure I cancel it the month before it expires.

Good luck! I still haven't heard from her!!

I really liked the layout of this newsletter, but am disappointed in the timeliness that they send it out. I thought in the previous message with the new management it was going to be out earlier. I think that may have lasted a month and I still don't have the March newsletter. I also purchased a CD over a year ago through this company and never received or got my money back. I emailed and called a phone number that I found on-line and left a message with no response. I recently renewed as I thought someone with more time was going to be taking this over and get out at a decent time.
Any ideas of other newsletters that are working for people. I got good reviews on this one, too bad their service for getting it out is not as good.

Joy's http://www.tastytidbits.net/main/ (which also has a Forum on here...below the Chef's Lounge/Marketplace), and Mike's MyEmailDesigns...both are reputable. I happen to use Mike's. If you happen to sign-up with Mike's, would you mind putting my name as a reference? They give referral credits. (Bobbi Harwood)You can get sample newsletters sent to you from both.

Related to ifYou Use 123Byrequest... (Vent Warning)

What is 123Byrequest and how does it work?

123Byrequest is a feature offered by Pampered Chef that allows customers to easily request specific items or products from our catalog. Simply enter the product number and quantity desired, and it will be added to your order.

Can I use 123Byrequest to add multiple items to my order?

Yes, you can use 123Byrequest to add multiple items to your order. Simply enter the product numbers and quantities for each item you would like and they will all be added to your order.

Do I have to use 123Byrequest to add items to my order, or can I still browse and add items manually?

While 123Byrequest is a convenient way to add items to your order, you can still browse our catalog and add items manually if you prefer. However, please note that using 123Byrequest may be faster and more efficient.

Is there a limit to the number of items I can request using 123Byrequest?

No, there is no limit to the number of items you can request using 123Byrequest. You can add as many items as you would like to your order using this feature.

Can I use 123Byrequest to request items that are currently out of stock?

Unfortunately, 123Byrequest is only for adding items that are currently available in our catalog. If an item is out of stock, you will need to check back at a later time to see if it has been restocked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pampermejolene
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies