• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifYou Donate Your Commission...

C
chelynn
Do you have to write a separate check?

Yes, you do. You'll still get paid as usual, and then you'll need to cut a check to the organization. Save a copy for tax time, as you can deduct charitable donations.

Thanks!!! :)

Ann,

When we donate part of our commission, is it always tax deductable? Or does it have to be to a recognized non-profit?

Thanks...oh wise and experienced one. :)

kris

I would think that that would depend on who you're donating it to. If it's to a charity, then it should be tax deductible, just as any other donation would be.

Paula

Donating your commission is just like making any other personal donation to a charity, subject to IRS (oohh-- dirty word!) guidelines. Because that's really what you're doing - cutting a check from your personal money to the organization. So track everything.

Wouldn't other checks be deductible as a business expense?

What "other checks" do you mean?

Katie: I was just responding to Kris' question about wondering if an organization would have to be a non-profit. The implication is that you could write a check to an individual or organization but they wouldn't necessarily have to have the legal nonprofit status.

"Other checks" would be ANYTHING we use money for to increase our business. I thought EVERYTHING was tax deductible if you keep track.

I don't think that donating your commission is a valid business expense. It would be deductable as a charitable donation, though.
That's a good question for an accountant.

I always write it off and haven't had a problem. I always put it in PP and print out the report for my accountant. I have copies on file, but I just give him the report.

AJPratt said:
I always write it off and haven't had a problem. I always put it in PP and print out the report for my accountant. I have copies on file, but I just give him the report.
I love the P3 expense and income tracking. It's letting me know - how far I am in the hole - since I just started! LOL It automatically puts in an expense everytime you order supplies, or samples, and do a consultant's gift.

Related to ifYou Donate Your Commission...

1. What is meant by "donating your commission"?

Donating your commission means that instead of keeping the money you would earn from a sale or transaction, you choose to give it to a charitable organization or cause.

2. Do I have to donate my entire commission?

No, you can choose to donate a portion or all of your commission. It is up to your discretion and the agreement between you and your employer or client.

3. Can I choose where to donate my commission?

Yes, you can typically choose the charity or cause you would like to donate to. However, in some cases, your employer or client may have specific guidelines or partnerships for commission donations.

4. Will I receive a tax deduction for my commission donation?

In most cases, yes. Commission donations are typically considered tax-deductible charitable contributions. However, it is always best to consult with a tax professional for specific advice regarding your situation.

5. Do I have to write a separate check for my commission donation?

It depends on your employer or client's policies. In some cases, they may require a separate check for donation purposes. However, in most cases, you can choose to write a separate check or have the donation amount deducted from your total commission check.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Monty060609
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • flacutie