• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Donating Their Commissions This Month to Red Cross?

In summary, Tara Ritchie is donating her commission from January to the Red Cross to purchase supplies for the people in Haiti. All orders placed until the 15th will be donated to the cause.
flacutie
Gold Member
Anyone else donating their commissions this month to Red Cross? Should I do the orders as a fundraiser show?

I was actually contemplating organizing a Fundraiser online show where I would dontate my comission to the red Cross. I was going to set it up as a regular show and donate my comission and keep or raffle the host benefits... Didn't know if it would fly.

The raffle is a good idea...that's what I'm going to to. I just want to help and my commission is all I have to give this month.

I had already responded to your question in the chat window before seeing this thread. Here's my response from there:

I applaud you for wanting to donate your commission to help! That's a great idea!!! I personally won't be doing that. Although I know that Red Cross does a whole lot for families in need all over the world INCLUDING getting military members home for a death in the immediately family ... I have a really hard time donating to that organization! I saw them organize & passing out free food & drinks outside a prison in Huntsville, Texas one night - all people who were protesting an execution. I think the friends & family had every right to be there & protest for their loved one ... but I didn't really think that that situation warranted the services of the Red Cross. Whoever made that executive decision was (in my opinion) wasting donations. The protesters could have brought their own food & drink. It was a planned event, not an unexpected emergency situation that warranted the assistance of the Red Cross. I've never been able to forget that experience with their organization. :s My nephew is headed to Haiti as we speak (Marines). I'll be happy to send him a box of supplies to pass out ... but I won't be making a cash donation ;).

couldn't we just do a fundraiser like a regular fundraiser? I can't afford to donate my commision but I think making it into a show would work out good. Let me know what ideas you guys have.

I was actually thinking of doing a regular fundraiser ... as I too can't afford to donate all of my commission .. some, but not all.

I usually always donate my commision to any fundraiser. I have another full time job to pay the bills.

All of my shows for January are scheduled the last 2 weeks. It's weird that it worked out that way but I just didn't have anything for the 1-15. So b/c I wasn't expecting this show anyway, I decided to put together a quick catty show and donate my commission to purchase supplies myself and take to Christian Veterans Association. There are a lot of organizations out there that are helping but I chose this one b/c they do a lot for 'relief and aide' on the Christian side'. They will be sending a container over full of supplies. Anyway, I wasn't expecting this show so technically I'm not loosing anything. And that's why I decided to donate my entire commission.

here's the email I sent:

Special Catalog Show to benefit the people in Haiti!

ALL proceeds from orders collected from now - Jan 15 will be used to purchase supplies for the people affected by the earthquake in Haiti.

* Everyone placing an order of $20 or more will receive a Season's Best Recipe Collection with envelope
* If your order is $50 - $74 you'll get a coupon for $7 off your NEXT order
* If your order is $75 - $99 your coupon will be $10
* If your order is $100 or more your coupon will be $15
(order total is calculated before tax and shipping)
(you may only receive ONE coupon and it can only be redeemed thru me)
(coupon is valid on Individual Orders only and can not be connected to any show)

Call me by the 15th to schedule a January Cooking Show - I will add $20 to the proceeds
Call me by the 15th to schedule a February Show - I will add $10 to the proceeds
Have you been thinking about starting your own business with Pampered Chef?
Become a consultant by the 15th - I will add $25 to the proceeds

My commission deadline is on the 15th so I need to close this show on the 15th in order to get the supplies to Haiti as quickly as possible.
Please forward to your friends and family. Your coupon will be delivered with your product.

You may place your order online by typing in 'Tara Ritchie' as the host or call or email me with your order. Sorry, but outlet orders do not count.
I must receive payment by the 15th in the form of check or cash or feel free to use your credit/debit card. I will call you when your
order comes in to make arrangements to either meet you or deliver to you (depending on where you live).

Once the show is closed I will send an email to let you know what the total proceeds were. I want YOU to know how much you've
helped in this cause. I hope everyone will take part in the opportunity to give.

Please call me today with your order or visit my website and order online TODAY!

I decided on the coupons to draw more attention to people spending more. This way the commission would be greater and I could purchase MORE supplies.

I am going to try to put together a fund raiser show. I am going to send something to all my customers and see what I can get from it. I would love it if it would help me get over $2000 in sales.

I'm doing an online-catalog show as a Fundraiser- donating all of my commission to World Vision (i'm a long time supporter, and they already had the infrastructure in country and a staff of 400+ (versus having to bring it in).) Plus I said I'd match the first $100 of the commission (so a $500 show would yield $200 in donations).I also said any individual orders during that time- I'd donate the commission also.I did mine as a catalog show- because I knew I could say exactly how much I could donate of the sales, versus PC's fundraiser (which really needs help IMHO), plus, I didn't know who to have the check made out to for the fundraiser. And I knew that I could go online as soon as I closed the show and donate online immediately, vs who knows how long it would take for them to get a check.So far- after 2 days "live", I've only gotten $28, but unless people NEED things, I'd expect they'll probably donate directly so that 100% of their money goes to the relief aid. That's ok. I wanted to at least throw it out there.

Related to Anyone Else Donating Their Commissions This Month to Red Cross?

1. How can I donate my commissions to Red Cross through Pampered Chef?

To donate your commissions to Red Cross, simply place an order through your consultant's online party link and select the option to donate your commissions at checkout. Your consultant will then process the donation on your behalf.

2. Can I choose which specific Red Cross program my commissions will be donated to?

No, your commissions will be donated to the overall Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, which supports a variety of programs and services for disaster victims.

3. Will my donation be tax-deductible?

Yes, all donations made through Pampered Chef's partnership with Red Cross are tax-deductible.

4. How much of my commission will be donated to Red Cross?

Pampered Chef will donate 10% of the total sales from your order to Red Cross. This includes your personal commission as well as the host's benefits and any other discounts or promotions applied.

5. Can I still earn host rewards or personal commission if I choose to donate my commissions to Red Cross?

Yes, you will still receive your usual host rewards or personal commission for the order, but Pampered Chef will also donate an additional 10% of the total sales to Red Cross.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
andi330
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Monty060609