• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How much should I donate to a fundraiser as a consultant?

In summary, the Consultant, Marie-France Myers, will be donating a portion of her sales in addition to the donation made by Pampered Chef Canada. Those donating will get 20% of their sales back in addition to the donation. The Consultant recommends donating 10% of the sale amount.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I am doing a fundraiser at work on the 22nd. I am creating a poster and would like to donate a portion of my commissions to it. I don't want to word it that way, though.

I'd like to say - The Consultant, Marie-France Myers, will be making a donation of XX% of sales in addition to the donation made by the Pampered Chef Canada.

Has anyone ever done this? How much would you donate? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I am planning on doing a fundraiser for a group in my church, I am going to tell them that they will get 20% (whatever they earn from PC and then I will add the additional to make it 20%)...so I know that then I will be out more money for a smaller show but I am ok with that...I am also going to tell them that they will get $10 for every booking then I will just add to the money that they get from PC for the bookings...as for a flyer I can't help you with that because I was planning on looking on here for one as well.

My director generally donates 10% of her commission - making the total contribution 20-25% depending on the show. She doesn't give all of her commission because of the expenses that incur from providing catalogs, order forms, etc. She does give 10% however and considers it a donation to the cause and a chance to get her name out there. When the show is submitted she hi-lights the show total on her commission check and her total commission for the show and then writes a check for 10%. This also plants a seed -- wow, she makes that much?! Of course any such donations are also tax deductible! :)I hope this helps! I like her model and intend to follow it. I may also increase the bookings from the $3 offered by PC to $10 to give more and encourage more personal bookings. :)

Thanks Tristen. 10% sounds pretty reasonable!

PChefPEI said:
Thanks Tristen. 10% sounds pretty reasonable!

I haven't talked to the person in charge of the fundraiser that I am doing at church yet so I think that I might do the 10% as well...that way they strive to get to $600 so that they get the higher amount...If I tell them 20% total no matter what then they have no reason to push for more sales...Good idea, Tristen.

We are in this to make money as well, so as much as we want to grow our businesses, we don't want to give all our earnings away!! ;)

Also, just a reminder that you only get 15-17% commission on fundraisers!!!

In the pastI've donated 10% of my commission for any fundraiser over $1,000. The last fundraiser I did was in May - it came to over $1600, and my name was in front of 50 people - of which several have since hosted and/or ordered from me. So....first - great good-will by donating a % and second - my name got in front of 50 people who didn't see it before!

What percentage of my purchase goes towards the fundraiser?

The percentage of your purchase that goes towards the fundraiser varies depending on the specific fundraiser. However, typically 15-20% of the total sales will be donated to the organization.

How do I know if my purchase is eligible for the fundraiser?

If you are purchasing through a fundraiser link or using the fundraiser's unique code at checkout, your purchase will automatically be counted towards the fundraiser.

Can I choose which fundraiser my purchase goes towards?

Unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to allow customers to choose which fundraiser their purchase goes towards. However, rest assured that all funds raised will go directly to the designated organization.

Will I receive a tax deduction for my donation?

No, unfortunately, purchases made through fundraisers are not tax deductible as they are considered direct purchases from Pampered Chef. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation, we recommend contacting the organization directly.

Can I still use my discounts or promotions when making a purchase for a fundraiser?

Yes, you can still use any discounts or promotions when making a purchase for a fundraiser. However, please note that the fundraiser will only receive a percentage of the total sales after any discounts or promotions have been applied.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Monty060609
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • pamperedalaska