• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Donating a Portion of your Commission?

Harrle

Jul 18, 2005
How many of you donate a portion of your commission for fundraisers? If you do, how much to you donate and what is the criteria? Is it always the same or do you base it on who it might be (some one you know or if you have a personal connection)?

I am getting my first fundraiser together and am trying to figure out how I should go about it? I have read several threads and viewed a few flyers but I wasn't sure if donating your commission was a typical practice.

Thanks for All of Your Help!!
Leea:cool:

Chef Laurie

Aug 19, 2005
I have a fundraiser this week where I plan to do the same thing. My plan is just to send a separate check, 5% of the sales. I may not do this every time, but this show is supporting one of my favorite charities. Even if I don't make a lot of commission, it's worth it to me to support this charity. I'd be interested to hear other people's take on this too.

Dec 30, 2005
I have done two different things

For some I don't donate anything, like for reunion or school fundraisers, for some I donate an additional 5% or just offer them a flat 20% no matter what their sales are. I usually throw in extra money for non-profits, especially if it is a cause that I am supportive of. I also give extra money for bookings, sometimes to make it an even $5, sometimes more. Right now I am offering an extra $25 for 5 bookings from the RFL fundraiser I am doing, on top of the $3 they get already (but they have to have a minimum of 5 to get the extra). I am also closing out a fundraiser that has run 2 weeks too long and needs the money asap, so I am doing it as a show instead and giving them 20% of the sales right now (which will be reimbursed to me when I get paid) and then using the FPV to get some extra stuff that I need (I love those bamboo tongs!). That way they don't have to wait for a check to come in 2 weeks or so. I am just restarting my PC business, so I am trying out several different things to see what works best for me and my lovely customers!:D

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Harrle said:
How many of you donate a portion of your commission for fundraisers? If you do, how much to you donate and what is the criteria? Is it always the same or do you base it on who it might be (some one you know or if you have a personal connection)?

I am getting my first fundraiser together and am trying to figure out how I should go about it? I have read several threads and viewed a few flyers but I wasn't sure if donating your commission was a typical practice.

I just write a personal check to them and write "donation" in the comments line of the check so I remember that it's a tax deduction.

Feb 4, 2006
Harrle said:

I don't plan to do the same for every FR.

My first is a Relay for Life FR for the ACS. For it, I'm giving an additional 5% plus a 1% bonus at 2500, 5000, 7500, 10,000, 15,000, and 20,000 (more if it comes down to it). I'm also giving $3 additional to PC's $3 per booking. And then incentives and prizes also.

A neighbor asked me about a FR for her church. I really don't agree with this church and may end up saying no altogether or passing it to someone that doesn't feel as strongly as I do about them. If I do take it though, I won't be doing any of the extras with them.

Whatever works :)
Pamela

Mar 20, 2006
group fundraisers

for those of you that are doing a RFL fundraiser, are any of you doing as a group with your cluster and walking the relay as well? How would you go about commissions on this? We are all working together for one cause, if we split the orders if will affect the 15% from PC right? Maybe Im making it more difficult then it should be? Any feed back would be helpful:)