• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Donations for Fundraisers

In summary, most people who do fundraisers give their own personal donations. They feel obligated to give donations for the ones they are personally connected to, or for all of them.
chefsteph07
Just wondered how many of you give your own personal donations for fundraisers that you do? Do you feel obligated to give donations for all of them, or just the ones you are personally connected to, or none at all?

I give personally when I either really need the sales & publicity, or I believe in the cause.

When I did one for my kids' school, I divided up the shows, purchased all of the host specials (under consultant gift), and donated them all as prizes to the top 3 families who raised money for the school. I have everything shipped to me and divide everything by classroom and student for them (I made special forms for this) so I really am the host anyway.This year, I may raffle a product and donate the $$ to the fundraiser instead. We'll see.

Giving up a portion of your commission is technically a donation. You are donating your time for less money and you are raising money at the same time. You really don't have to do more. ;)

I match 10% so I still make 5%.
I once placed a fundraiser with about 10 good orders in Pampered Partner and realized that it was done as a cooking show and it wouldn't let me change it. I contacted the host, told her to pick out her free and half price items that she now had coming to her and I gave her 10% of my commision which left me with 15% which is what I would have had anyway as a fundraiser. I didn't lose anything and she received her same donation plus some good free and half price gifts. Everybody won.

I usually give 20 - 25% for a fundraiser - 10 - 15% from Pampered Chef (usually it's 15%) and then 5 - 10% from me. Also, I give $10 for each booking on top of the $3 that Pampered Chef gives. It's more of an incentive for organizations to host. I've done many successful fundraisers this way. It's also a great way to get those points for Disney, as you are not making as much $$ this way. : ) But, the referrals are great in the long run!

I am actually in the middle of a fundraiser right now for the American Heart Association through my employer. As of now, we started on Friday, we are at $1470 in sales so put it out there from the beginning that I will donate 5% to make it an even 20%. So far it's good for me but I may be singing a different tune when the 28 orders all get delivered to my house for sorting & delivering!!

I always donate 5% from my own pocket as an incentive to the groups. PR is terrific.

i have in my fundraiser letter that I will donate 5% if they reach $2,500 in sales, set goals and they will work harder to reach them!

I did a fundraiser for my church MDO program and donated my entire commision (minus catalog cost). Personal choice, but I couldn't make money off of my own church's fundraiser!

I like the idea of donating if $2,500 in sales is met...That way you know you'll be getting something in return w/ a fundraiser that high.

mscharf said:
i have in my fundraiser letter that I will donate 5% if they reach $2,500 in sales, set goals and they will work harder to reach them!

I did a fundraiser for my church MDO program and donated my entire commision (minus catalog cost). Personal choice, but I couldn't make money off of my own church's fundraiser!

So you normally will NOT donate unless it reaches $2500?

The last time I did a "fundraiser" for a Relay for Life team, I donated my ENTIRE COMMISSION, minus expenses. However, that was my best show of ALL TIME. There were also bookings that arose from that show, so I benefited in the end.They also raffled off the free products they got to raise money for their team.I have not told them what I'm doing yet, but I think this time it's going to be a flat 10 percent, with all the expenses coming out of my end of the deal. I may also make a donation from my cash and carry toward their raffle baskets.

chefsteph07 said:
So you normally will NOT donate unless it reaches $2500?

i have not done a lot of fundraisers. I guess I would have to say I would determine that based on each fundraiser.:blushing:

mscharf said:

I've done two fundraisers: one for my mother's daycare center and one for Smith Lemli Opitz Syndrome, which is the syndrome my daughter has. I donated all my commission for the SLO one because it was all online, plus I can't make money off my child or others like her.

With the daycare, I did part of my commission, and I'm doing another one for her, and I'm trying to figure out what I'd like to do for that. Part of it is for new kitchen equipment (theirs is OLD and AWFUL), so we may turn it into a regular show and then donate part of my commission for other things.

What is a personal donation for fundraisers?

A personal donation for fundraisers is a contribution made by an individual or company to support a specific cause or organization. These donations are typically made out of personal goodwill and are not associated with any products or services purchased.

How can I make a personal donation for fundraisers?

There are various ways to make a personal donation for fundraisers, such as writing a check, making an online payment, or donating through a fundraising event. You can also reach out to the organization directly to discuss other donation options.

Are personal donations tax-deductible?

Yes, personal donations for fundraisers are typically tax-deductible. However, it is important to consult with a tax professional or refer to the organization's tax-exempt status to determine the exact tax deductions applicable to your donation.

Can I make a personal donation for a specific cause or event?

Yes, you can make a personal donation for a specific cause or event. Many organizations offer the option to donate to a specific program or event, allowing you to support a cause that is meaningful to you.

Is there a minimum amount for personal donations for fundraisers?

There is no set minimum amount for personal donations for fundraisers. Every donation, no matter the size, makes a difference in supporting the organization's cause. However, some organizations may have a suggested donation amount for specific programs or events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Monty060609
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • SVanHout
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies