• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Impact: Donate Commission Instead for Fundraisers

In summary, a fundraiser can be done in a number of ways, but the most successful way is to donate your commission and have the products raffled off.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
has anyone ever done a fundraiser for a cause, but rather than actually submitting as a fundraiser, simply doing it like a show, and just giving a portion, or all of your comission to the cause...

Esp. if you deem it to be a worthy cause, it seems that they benefit more by getting the host benefits...AND the money for the cause from the commission..

I wish our fundraising system was a bit more generous to make it more appealing..

that's how I was always advised to do it. So, that's how I do it :) I suppose you could enter it as fundraiser & add a percentage of your commission to "top it up". Just seems easier to do the other way, though.

I definitely do it that way. I've done it where I donate my commission and then the products are raffled off. I think it's CRAZY that doing it this way is so much better!

After all, consider a consultant that makes 27% that month and does a fundraiser. They make 10% LESS b/c commission is then 17%. The organization gets 15% at the most. SO...if it's not super successful and the organization get 10% back, WE end up paying for it anyway (27%-17%=10%!). :grumpy: If they get to 5%, then does that mean that ALL the typical hosts products cost?? Bare minimum, a "regular" host receives $115 at $600 in sales, so I guess that costs PC under $6.:eek:

I think that we have SUCH potential in the world of fundraising. It's sad that we have to find a way AROUND our fundraiser!

A $1000 fundraiser makes $150. At 17%, we make $170. Total $320.
A $1000 show earns $215 in products. At even 25%, we make $250. Total $465.

I'm surprised they don't encourage MORE fundraisers! PC actually makes out pretty well! I love the company, I do. I just think it's very lacking in this area.

Okay...:blushing:sorry...:blushing:...I'm done!

In March, I donated most of my commission from that show over there:<---------------Neither of us had any idea that it would be so big!The host donated the free product to gift baskets that were raffled off to benefit her Relay for Life team. Her team got the coveted "gold" level for the first time ever.I DID deduct enough to cover my expenses ... mileage and postage ... and kept the extra 3 percent because I figured that was my reward for having a good month in sales. If I do a show for them again, I think I will donate HALF my commission.

Jules711 said:
A $1000 fundraiser makes $150. At 17%, we make $170. Total $320.
A $1000 show earns $215 in products. At even 25%, we make $250. Total $465.

I'm surprised they don't encourage MORE fundraisers! PC actually makes out pretty well! I love the company, I do. I just think it's very lacking in this area.
The cost to HO for the host products isn't $215. It's probably 35-40% of that, which works out to $74-86. Add that to the $250 commission, and it's pretty darn close to the total for your FR example.

chefann said:
The cost to HO for the host products isn't $215. It's probably 35-40% of that, which works out to $74-86. Add that to the $250 commission, and it's pretty darn close to the total for your FR example.

I understand that...of course, the products don't cost the retail. But that just confirms that WE pay for the fundraiser, not PC. I don't really think that's fair. If it's going to be 10-15%, we should earn our regular commission, right? It's more work and I get paid less. If it were 30-40% earned for the fundraiser, and I got 17%, that wouldn't be so bad.

I do most of my fundraisers this way. Just remember if it isn't a recognized charity, you'll still pay taxes on those earnings.

Leggy- I am assuming you can atleast claim that on your taxes? So I am donating 10% of my pay and put it as a donation or expense? I know your not a tax prof. But I have not doe it this way before.

legacypc46 said:
I do most of my fundraisers this way. Just remember if it isn't a recognized charity, you'll still pay taxes on those earnings.

So who gets the host benefits?

One of my upline does FRs in a weird way (which I don't do, nor do I advocate, but I put it here for information). She collects orders and enters them as a cooking show. Then takes one order that has more on it than the earned host benefits and includes the item from the month's host bonus. That order goes in as the host order, and the extra funds (since that customer paid retail for their items) are the donation to the group. If it's a really large FR, then 2 or more orders go in as the host until the host benefits are used up.

So if you are just entering them as shows do you just give them cash ofr their fundraising portion or a personal check or what?

Am I too confused here and thinking this through too far?

A personal check written to their organization so then you can write it off as a donation.

DebbieJ said:
So who gets the host benefits?

Missed this question earlier. You can do whatever you want with the host benefits. They can be raffled off; you can use them to reinvest back into your business; if a director, you can use them as future incentives for your team. Whatever you choose and/or whatever you coordinate with the group you're supporting.

What is "Donate Commission Instead"?

Donate Commission Instead is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows customers to choose to donate 10% of their purchase to a charitable organization instead of receiving it as commission for the host of a party.

How does the donation process work?

When a customer chooses to donate their commission instead of receiving it, Pampered Chef will donate 10% of the purchase price to Feeding America, a non-profit organization that works to alleviate hunger in the United States. The donation will be made in the customer's name.

Can I choose which charitable organization to donate to?

No, the donation will automatically go to Feeding America. However, Feeding America works with a network of food banks and partners to distribute food and resources to those in need across the country.

Do I still receive any benefits for hosting a party if I choose to donate my commission?

Yes, the host still receives all the regular host benefits, such as free and discounted products, even if they choose to donate their commission instead of receiving it.

Is there a limit to how much can be donated through this program?

No, there is no limit to how much can be donated through Donate Commission Instead. Every purchase made with this option will contribute to helping those in need through Feeding America.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Monty060609
  • ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Harrle