• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas & Suggestions Needed for a Vendor Event....

In summary, Mary is considering setting up a table at her "Girlfriends Day Out" event to sell her products. She will bring her own table and display board, along with her products. She will also bring a small stone with her business card holder.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have made it sort of a rule that I don't do booths - for me, they have just seemed to be too much work and money invested for the results I've gotten from them.

HOWEVER - I have a friend from church who has just bought a Women's Gym that went out of business, and as part of their grand opening, she is having a "Girlfriends Day Out" Event. They are having manicures, pedicures, massages, special classes, lunch, etc.....at the gym, and also having women who own home businesses set up tables for sales and recruiting.....

Since this is to support Pam's new business, I agreed to do it. It is April 26th from 11-3pm.

Here is the dilemma I was presented with today: She told me at church this morning that they are providing tables for the event, but that the tables are slightly smaller than a card table......

Sooooo - how would YOU set up a table of this size, and what would you bring to the Event?

I would bring my own table.

Think "vertical'. Here's what I'm doing next week in a small space. Display board for the back of the table (folding, foam board from Staples with all the specials laminated (or in page protectors). Board...found preprinted polka dot border (Staples) for the display board-- reminds me of our new line of dishes and the HWC gloves. I'm using large round head push pins on the board (Staples), to carry out the dots theme. Will display a dot cup and saucer, and the HWC items, taking orders in advance, HWC OOF on a clipboard. SA appetizer plates or 3 tiered stand, if you have them.My table is a smidge bigger, I might do both. Tool turn around-load it but don't over load, with some of our unique items. Urge you to include the Mix N' Chop (I call that my Million Dollar Baby, PC sold over 1 million. Great for a variety of healthy eating tasks, including cooking ground turkey). Add Color coated and santoku knife, adjustable measuring spoon, whisk, salad chopper, egg separator, veg peeler. Try for an eye catching assortment, as your "show and tell". BTW...the salad chopper fits upside down in the center hole!Re: Food Chopper--Put some peanuts inside and talk about stress relief. Dump or eat the peanuts :) as they get finely chopped.Smallest stone will be on my table too...with my business card holder. Use the DCB if you have it, talk about 30 min chicken (skinless, seasoned) or lean pork tenderloin. Seek bookings, wear your best smile :) Bring bottled water.Oh, and Be sure to have a drawing-'free cooking show".
Maybe offer a hostess gift to be delivered at the time of the party. Hope this helps,

Last edited:
cmdtrgd said:
I would bring my own table.

Can't bring my own table - they are limited for space, and all the tables have to be this size.

CookingwithMary said:
Think "vertical'. Here's what I'm doing next week in a small space.

Display board for the back of the table (folding, foam board from Staples with all the specials laminated (or in page protectors).

Board...found preprinted polka dot border (Staples) for the display board-- reminds me of our new line of dishes and the HWC gloves. I'm using large round head push pins on the board (Staples), to carry out the dots theme.

Will display a dot cup and saucer, and the HWC items, taking orders in advance, HWC OOF on a clipboard.

SA appetizer plates or 3 tiered stand, if you have them.My table is a smidge bigger, I might do both.

Tool turn around-load it but don't over load, with some of our unique items. Urge you to include the Mix N' Chop (I call that my Million Dollar Baby, PC sold over 1 million. Great for a variety of healthy eating tasks, including cooking ground turkey). Add Color coated and santoku knife, adjustable measuring spoon, whisk, salad chopper, egg separator, veg peeler. Try for an eye catching assortment, as your "show and tell". BTW...the salad chopper fits upside down in the center hole!

Re: Food Chopper--Put some peanuts inside and talk about stress relief. Dump or eat the peanuts :) as they get finely chopped.

Smallest stone will be on my table too...with my business card holder.

Use the DCB if you have it, talk about 30 min chicken (skinless, seasoned) or lean pork tenderloin.

Seek bookings, wear your best smile :) Bring bottled water.

Oh, and Be sure to have a drawing-'free cooking show".
Maybe offer a hostess gift to be delivered at the time of the party.

Hope this helps,

Mary,

THANK YOU for the great ideas! I think I'll have to take a trip to Staples this week!

CookingwithMary said:
Display board for the back of the table (folding, foam board from Staples with all the specials laminated (or in page protectors).

Board...found preprinted polka dot border (Staples) for the display board-- reminds me of our new line of dishes and the HWC gloves. I'm using large round head push pins on the board (Staples), to carry out the dots theme.

I really like this idea! I plan on using it now at my HWC mega show in May!!! And best of all I work at Staples! :sing:

Thank you!!!

The last booth that I worked, we used shelves. It worked good.

I use shelves on my tables to give some height. You may even just bring the items in the new consultant kit or just the new items. Practice at home to see what fits and don't over crowd. I have a booth that day too. Good luck!!

For those of you who say you use shelves - could you tell me a little more? I'm not getting a picture of them in my head. What kind of shelves? What do they look like?

I've got a set of plastic shelves, designed for general storage in a basement or garage, that I've taken to vendor shows. Mostly because it comes apart for transport and is lightweight. Mine's black, but I also have seen grey and off-white. It's a set of 4 plastic platforms (the shelves) that assemble with tubes at the corners to make the risers.
Pretty much like this:
plastic-shelf.jpg
, only mine doesn't have the risers in the middle, just at the corners.

Anybody have any ideas about a quick specials for this type of event... I have one at a gym on sat and the event person just emailed me and said we need your specials for the flyer we are handing out.... HELP!

Flamingo said:
Anybody have any ideas about a quick specials for this type of event... I have one at a gym on sat and the event person just emailed me and said we need your specials for the flyer we are handing out.... HELP!

Free with $60 purchase monthly special

Free cookbook with all orders placed today (SB)

Book your show today ~ and it's free!

Thanks....

Oh - and how about:

Visit my booth and receive free recipes!

ChefBeckyD said:
For those of you who say you use shelves - could you tell me a little more? I'm not getting a picture of them in my head. What kind of shelves? What do they look like?

My Director has a set of home made shelves that are made of two sets of hinged squares one on each side of the booth. They look like 2 figure 8's on top of each other only they are squares. You open up the squares in the shape of a V and then slide shelf boards through them. It all folds flat for easy transporting, but because it is lumber, it's kind of heavy.

chefann said:
I've got a set of plastic shelves, designed for general storage in a basement or garage, that I've taken to vendor shows. Mostly because it comes apart for transport and is lightweight. Mine's black, but I also have seen grey and off-white. It's a set of 4 plastic platforms (the shelves) that assemble with tubes at the corners to make the risers.
Pretty much like this:
plastic-shelf.jpg
, only mine doesn't have the risers in the middle, just at the corners.

chefann... where did you buy that shelf? Is it plastic? lightweight? How much? I do a lot of booths, etc, and never thought of shelves! That looks like it would be perfect!!! Is it easy to assemble or take down? TIA G-

I don't have that specific one in the pic, but I have one that's similar. I think I got it at Target or Lowes. Costco carries them occasionally, too. It's plastic and lightweight, and it comes completely apart for transport. Super easy to assemble. The shelves are, well, shelves, and the vertical supports are tubes that insert into holes on the corners of the shelves.

Ok, I have read that a lot of people on this site have done booths etc. I looked into doing a display at a va wine event and a craft space was 300+ and a general commerical space was 900+ I will never be able to do that, so how are you guys on this site able to get to do booth fairs etc.

how did it go? anything come from it?

its not until August and I don't know if I can afford that $$$ for a 10 by 10 space!

Related to Ideas & Suggestions Needed for a Vendor Event....

1. What are some unique ideas for attracting customers at a vendor event?

Some unique ideas for attracting customers at a vendor event could include offering a demonstration or cooking class using Pampered Chef products, offering a free gift with purchase, hosting a raffle or giveaway, and providing samples of popular recipes.

2. How can I make my vendor booth stand out from others?

To make your vendor booth stand out from others, you could use eye-catching signage or banners, decorate your booth with themed decorations, offer interactive activities or games, and have knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff members to engage with customers.

3. Are there any specific products that tend to be popular at vendor events?

Some popular products at vendor events include kitchen gadgets and tools, cookware, bakeware, and food storage containers. These items are often practical and useful, making them appealing to customers.

4. How can I gather customer feedback and suggestions at a vendor event?

One way to gather customer feedback and suggestions at a vendor event is by setting up a suggestion box or having a feedback form available for customers to fill out. You could also encourage customers to share their thoughts and ideas during product demonstrations or by offering a special discount for providing feedback.

5. Can I customize my vendor booth with my own branding and messaging?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers customizable options for vendor booths, including personalized banners and signage. These can help to showcase your own branding and messaging at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Monica9498
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD