• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for Recipes at October Shows

In summary, Deb is planning on offering the Mint torte in October, the Brie in November, and the Cran Ras Fizz in December.
DebbieJ
I want to showcase the November and December host specials.

What are you making?

Any ideas you want to share?

Deb,

Since the November special is SA - you can make whatever you want - just bring the appetizer plates and caddy with you to serve it on! When people see it in person, they just have to have it!!

And since December is the trifle bowl - just offer trifles.

Sorry for such a basic answer - but that's all I can think of right now...

By the way - you are doing awesome with the recruiting!! At this rate you'll be getting close to DC or London! I hope I can catch up and join you on the cruise though - any tips for recruiting success?

I am watching this thread and was wondering... Valori, it may seem simple but gives me a place to start ;)

I plan on offering that Mint torte mainly in October. It is quick and simple. I will also mildly push the Brie. In November I plan on bringing my trifle bowl, but show it as a decorative item. I bought some fake green apples from Target and fake flowers from Garden Ridge Pottery and I showcase those. I am still able to talk about the bowl's features while quickly showing an added benefit.

I'm making the Brie (to get last minute bookings in Oct, I'm not full yet) and the Cran Ras Fizz. I will serve it on the SA Appetizer plates with Caddy. I plan to have the fresh cranberry boquet for people to see.

All except 1 of my Oct shows are 30 Minute Chicken Shows.....I have 11 Cooking Shows and 2 Fundraiser Shows in Oct - because of the DCB and the 30 minute Chicken.....
I have 3 cooking shows and a fundraiser already booked for November, but of course I want 6-8 more shows for Nov.....but I also know I need to start looking at Dec. so that in Nov. I can concentrate on the New Year.

SO - for Oct., I will do the 30 minute chicken, and serve it on the new Oval Platter, and while the chicken is in the micro, I will throw together a quick trifle......and use the small plates w. caddy for guests to serve themselves.......

Chef Kearns said:
I plan on offering that Mint torte mainly in October. It is quick and simple. I will also mildly push the Brie. In November I plan on bringing my trifle bowl, but show it as a decorative item. I bought some fake green apples from Target and fake flowers from Garden Ridge Pottery and I showcase those. I am still able to talk about the bowl's features while quickly showing an added benefit.

You say its easy? Hmmmm...is that in the season's best or the 29 cookbook? (Sorry, Im at work and cant check). Tastes yummy too?

Denarella said:
You say its easy? Hmmmm...is that in the season's best or the 29 cookbook? (Sorry, Im at work and cant check). Tastes yummy too?

The torte? It is VERY easy. I did this for my open house & it was a huge hit. I think of it as a big after dinner mint! Yum!

Hey Becky, Ok 2 questions for you... Where do you live to where you have so many fundraisers?? Man thats awesome! I guess you promote fundraisers pretty big? Oh and the other question, I havent tried the 30 minute chicken, but i have done the pork tenderloin, and plan to do it at my show, how would you show that on SA? I have the big Oval platter.. but the pork tenderloin is smaller, so..? I dont know. Let me know if anyone has suggestions, because honestly, i havent even thought about how i will show SA for the Nov Host Spec..!!

feather18 said:
Oh and the other question, I havent tried the 30 minute chicken, but i have done the pork tenderloin, and plan to do it at my show, how would you show that on SA? I have the big Oval platter.. but the pork tenderloin is smaller, so..? I dont know. Let me know if anyone has suggestions, because honestly, i havent even thought about how i will show SA for the Nov Host Spec..!!

Ok I have not done this but here is an idea...Maybe if you have one of the SA large square platter can you put some kind of sauce on the plate just for decoration?? And then lay the pork corner to corner. Do you know what I mean about the sauce?? I don't mean piles of it just zig zag it across the plate.

yeah i have the medium square plates, but thats it.. but what kinda sauce? I think that would be good. Maybe parsley..?? Or that green stuff they decorate with!! LOL! i dont know!!

feather18 said:
yeah i have the medium square plates, but thats it.. but what kinda sauce? I think that would be good. Maybe parsley..?? Or that green stuff they decorate with!! LOL! i dont know!!

I don't know what kind of sauce would be good with pork loin. I mean you won't really taste it it is just more for looks but...I think that the Med square would probably work if it is not a really long loin

feather18 said:
Hey Becky, Ok 2 questions for you... Where do you live to where you have so many fundraisers?? Man thats awesome! I guess you promote fundraisers pretty big? Oh and the other question, I havent tried the 30 minute chicken, but i have done the pork tenderloin, and plan to do it at my show, how would you show that on SA? I have the big Oval platter.. but the pork tenderloin is smaller, so..? I dont know. Let me know if anyone has suggestions, because honestly, i havent even thought about how i will show SA for the Nov Host Spec..!!

It's funny, I don't really advertise fundraisers at all, because personally, I don't like our fundraiser program........I think it stinks that usually I have to work harder and put more money into a fundraiser (more catalogs, etc.....) but I get 10% less commission on it!:grumpy:
All of the fundraisers that I have done (except for my own fundraiser that I did for my friend), and that are on my schedule right now, have been from people soliciting me to do the fundraiser!:blushing: I don't turn them down if they are thrown in my path!

And about the Pork Tenderloin, I've only done it once.......decided I liked the chicken way better, and it's cheaper too. I like the BBQ sauce recipe though!

I really like the idea of using the med. square to serve it on. Slice it, and spread it from one corner to another, Use a squeeze bottle, and swirl some BBQ sauce around it. Then you could also use the small bowls and caddy to serve BBQ sauce, and maybe another kind of sauce?

Denarella said:
It's in the Season's Best. 29 Minutes to Dinner is all main dishes (and some sides along with them) - no desserts.

Thanks becky for the info! And the funny thing is, I just realized that the Pork is more exspensive!! HAHA!! im not the brightest sometimes..:indif:
BUT... haha.. I do like your idea of the BBQ sauce. i had even thought gravy.. but.. i dono how that would look. Thank you both for your ideas!!
:love:

I am going to try it this coming up Monday at my show. I want to BOOk Up for OCt, and try to get some November too. If i have a question about something, that has to do with booking, i should just start a new thread huh?

to continue the thread, For oct, i have no idea, maybe the Jerk nachos? I love those and think they are so easy!! i wonder if there is subsitutions for them? .. November, the Pork or Chicken, on the SA, and Dec, Def. the triffle recipes. I love making death by chocolate.. its soooo good. ohh and the one thing I hate, is making these AWESOME recipes, and not being able to eat them bc your soo busy!! :(

SA Ideas
DebbieJ said:
I want to showcase the November and December host specials.

What are you making?

Any ideas you want to share?
I am planning on really showcasing my SA pieces. I have requested my hosts purchase veggies, dip, cheese and crackers for their shows. I am making a SA tower of snacks...Lg square plate on bottom, med bowl turned on the angel with a med square on top, sm bowl on the angel with a sm square on top, and a sm bowl on top for dip. I am arranging the veggies and crackers on the plates. It looks pretty and the cranberry pieces would work quite well also. It is a lot to bring, but I am hopeful it will really showcase the pieces well. I am also bringing the Trifle Bowl with Christmas ornaments it (like the catalog) and tying a ribbon around it. I am really trying to focus on the entertaining side of the holidays and talking up how simple and easy the SA pieces work together.

missyciccolella said:
I am planning on really showcasing my SA pieces. I have requested my hosts purchase veggies, dip, cheese and crackers for their shows. I am making a SA tower of snacks...Lg square plate on bottom, med bowl turned on the angel with a med square on top, sm bowl on the angel with a sm square on top, and a sm bowl on top for dip. I am arranging the veggies and crackers on the plates. It looks pretty and the cranberry pieces would work quite well also. It is a lot to bring, but I am hopeful it will really showcase the pieces well. I am also bringing the Trifle Bowl with Christmas ornaments it (like the catalog) and tying a ribbon around it. I am really trying to focus on the entertaining side of the holidays and talking up how simple and easy the SA pieces work together.

I was trying to decide what to do for November and December shows.. that is some clever ideas!!!! I love using simple additions at shows... their fun..... especially as the holiday's get closer.........

missyciccolella said:
Would you post a picture of your SA tower once you've done one? It sounds really cool, but I can't quite picture it!

Related to Ideas for Recipes at October Shows

1. What are some fall-inspired recipes for October shows?

Some delicious fall-inspired recipes for October shows include pumpkin bread, apple and butternut squash soup, roasted root vegetables, and caramel apple cheesecake bars.

2. Can you provide some vegetarian-friendly recipes for October shows?

Yes, we have a variety of vegetarian-friendly recipes for October shows, such as roasted vegetable quinoa salad, stuffed acorn squash, and vegetable lasagna.

3. Are there any easy and quick recipes for busy October shows?

Absolutely, some easy and quick recipes for busy October shows include chicken and vegetable stir-fry, one-pot chili, and sheet pan fajitas.

4. What are some recipes that incorporate Pampered Chef products?

We have many recipes that incorporate Pampered Chef products, such as the Deluxe Cooking Blender for soups and smoothies, the Quick Cooker for quick and easy meals, and the Rockcrok for delicious casseroles and desserts.

5. Are there any recipes that are perfect for Halloween-themed October shows?

Yes, we have some fun and festive recipes for Halloween-themed October shows, like mummy hot dogs, spiderweb dip, and pumpkin-shaped sugar cookies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyRedHead
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pampchef.angel