• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some delicious ice cream social ideas?

In summary, Debbie is looking for ideas for a show in 3 days and the host wants to do an "ice cream" bar or "ice cream social". She suggests going to files and typing in Coldstone or Cold Stone, using a prebaked brownie as the large bar, strawberry egg slicer, oreos, meat tenderizer, candy bars (snickers, milky way, fudge sauce with mini m&m's), and an ice cream scoop.
Debbieskk
Hi, everyone! Hope you're all doing well and enjoying these hot summer months. I was hoping that a few of you may have some ideas for me. I'm doing a show in 3 days, and the host just decided he wants to do an "ice cream" bar or "ice cream social" - HELP. I've never done one of these before, so i'm looking for some cool, fail-safe ideas or recipies.

I'd be very thankful to anyone who passes along some ideas or recipies my way.

Thanks in advance,

Debbie

Here's what I have....

Attachments

• ColdStone Demo.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 639
  • Ice cream social demo ideas.doc
    34 KB · Views: 459
  • Ice Cream Social Ingredient List.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 360
  • Ice cream social ideas.doc
    19 KB · Views: 377
If you go to files and type in Coldstone or Cold Stone, you will find some great ideas!

Also - when I have done Ice Cream Social Parties - I will have a prebaked brownie in the large bar pan, and then do an apple or banana stirfry type of topping, and set it up so that people can create their own Sundaes.

Nuts - chopper
Strawberries - egg slicer
Bananas - knife
Cool Whip - EAD
Oreos - Meat Tenderizer, or chopper
Candy Bars (snickers, milky way...) - knives
Fudge Sauce & mini M&M's in SA w/ small bamboo spoons.
Ice Cream - Ice Cream Scoop!

Along with what Becky posted, I also made the blueberry sauce from the Summer Berry Shortcake recipe and THAT was delicious AND shows the non-stick pan along with the others. Also, as each topping is prepared, put each in a prep bowl for folks to serve themselves then, after the demo. The sm. Bamboo spoons are great to serve with then.

Hey has anyone had problems with their ice cream scoop getting blackish spots on the scoop head? My DH washed mine and let it air dry and then spots appeared.

lkprescott said:
Along with what Becky posted, I also made the blueberry sauce from the Summer Berry Shortcake recipe and THAT was delicious AND shows the non-stick pan along with the others.

Also, as each topping is prepared, put each in a prep bowl for folks to serve themselves then, after the demo. The sm. Bamboo spoons are great to serve with then.

Ohhh - that sounds so good! It's blueberry season here - I'm making that for my next show!:thumbup:

Thanks so much, everyone! I heard there was a recipe for hot fudge that you make in the micro cooker - is that the chocolate praline sauce that you were talking about? Also, do you think it's too much to do the choc. fudge sauce, blueberry topping and either the applies or bananas? By the way, which do you like better, the banana topping or the apple?

Thanks again,

Debbie

Something you could demo also is in the delightful desserts. Its called Grasshopper Dessert Squares but it uses ice cream.

What are some fun toppings for an ice cream social?

Some popular toppings for an ice cream social include chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, sprinkles, crushed cookies, fresh fruit, whipped cream, and nuts. You could also get creative and offer unique toppings like gummy bears, bacon bits, or mini marshmallows.

What are some unique serving ideas for an ice cream social?

Instead of traditional bowls, try serving ice cream in edible waffle bowls or cones. You could also set up a make-your-own sundae bar with different types of ice cream and toppings for guests to choose from. Another fun idea is to make ice cream sandwiches using cookies or waffles as the "bread" and various ice cream flavors in between.

How can I accommodate guests with dietary restrictions at an ice cream social?

Consider offering dairy-free and gluten-free ice cream options for guests with dietary restrictions. You could also provide a variety of toppings that are suitable for different dietary needs, such as fresh fruit for those who are vegetarian or vegan, and sugar-free options for those with diabetes.

What are some games or activities to liven up an ice cream social?

You could set up a DIY ice cream sundae bar and have a competition for the most creative sundae. Another fun activity could be a blindfolded taste test, where guests have to guess the flavors of different ice creams. You could also have a trivia game about ice cream or a race to see who can finish their ice cream the fastest.

What are some tips for keeping ice cream from melting too quickly at an outdoor ice cream social?

One tip is to keep the ice cream in a cooler or insulated container until it is ready to be served. You could also set up a shaded area for guests to enjoy their ice cream. Another trick is to use pre-scooped ice cream and keep it in the freezer until it is time to serve, rather than leaving the entire tub out in the sun.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Debbieskk
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • shawna_sue
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies