• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turning Discouragement into Success: My Story of Perseverance

In summary, Sheila is an expert summarizer of content. She has been networking with businesses, bringing them treats, and has now booked a show with a bank teller.
Cr8vKitchen
I was starting to get discouraged about my lack of bookings but things are turning around!!

I have been pampering businesses every Friday for the past month trying to drum up leads. Well, it finally looks like it's paying off. I had a doc office call me yesterday about needing more catalogs and how tasty the treats I brought them were. So, I'm dropping off more catalogs tomorrow!

On top of that, I've been talking to a couple of friends who had not committed to doing a show and I've offered some alternatives to a "regular" show (brunch shows, cocktail hour, etc.) and now they're booking!

AND- my day job requires me to talk to a lot of the same people (from all over the country) frequently. Yesterday, I decided to reach out to those I've established rapport with. If nothing else, I could get catalog shows out of it and possibly referrals. Well, I booked a catalog show, a possible wedding catalog shower or registry and a possible order!! Plus, the majority said they wanted to be added to my mailing list.

So! For those of you who are discouraged about your business...all I can tell you is KEEP TRYING!! Eventually, there will be those who say "yes"! And it feels FABULOUS when they do!!!

Re: Excited!:) thank you for your encouragement!

I really needed to hear it!

Re: Excited!That's so great to hear how things are picking up for you! Great job at sticking to it and keeping on trying. It does come around. :) Oh how I'm hoping things will turn around for me! I'm really trying and hope things pick up.

Re: Excited!Great to hear Sheila. Nice work on networking your business.

Re: Excited!Good job getting yourself out there!!! Keep it up!

Re: Excited!Great job! Good thinking on the people you talk with a lot.

Re: Excited!Fantastic job! What have you been pampering your businesses with? I can't decide what to bake. Any suggestions would be great.

Re: Excited!I was at the bank yesterday depositing some checks into my PC Account. I write on each of my deposit slips "Pampered Chef Account" and this was mostly for my benefit but when the teller saw that written on my slip she asked if I had a catalog and of course I had one in my car. She loves PC and because it was busy and customers were in line I told her I would come back in a few days and book a show with her.

1. How did you stay motivated during times of discouragement?

I found that surrounding myself with positive and supportive people, setting achievable goals, and reminding myself of my passion and purpose helped me stay motivated during difficult times.

2. How did you overcome setbacks and obstacles?

I learned to view setbacks as opportunities for growth and to not let them define my journey. I also sought advice and guidance from others, and was open to trying new strategies and approaches.

3. What advice do you have for someone who feels stuck and discouraged in their current situation?

I would encourage them to take a step back and assess their goals and priorities. It's important to have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve and why. From there, create a plan and seek support from others who can help guide you towards success.

4. How did you maintain a positive mindset throughout your journey?

I made a conscious effort to focus on the present moment and the progress I was making, rather than dwelling on past failures or potential future challenges. I also practiced self-care and surrounded myself with positivity and inspiration.

5. How has your journey of perseverance and success impacted your life?

My journey has taught me valuable lessons about resilience, determination, and the power of a positive mindset. It has also allowed me to achieve my goals and dreams, and has given me the confidence to continue pursuing my passions and overcoming challenges in all aspects of my life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lauradahl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • deanna_g
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
twinkie10
  • kcmckay