1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings I was starting to get discouraged about my lack of bookings but things

1. Cr8vKitchen

Cr8vKitchen Member

I was starting to get discouraged about my lack of bookings but things are turning around!!

I have been pampering businesses every Friday for the past month trying to drum up leads. Well, it finally looks like it's paying off. I had a doc office call me yesterday about needing more catalogs and how tasty the treats I brought them were. So, I'm dropping off more catalogs tomorrow!

On top of that, I've been talking to a couple of friends who had not committed to doing a show and I've offered some alternatives to a "regular" show (brunch shows, cocktail hour, etc.) and now they're booking!

AND- my day job requires me to talk to a lot of the same people (from all over the country) frequently. Yesterday, I decided to reach out to those I've established rapport with. If nothing else, I could get catalog shows out of it and possibly referrals. Well, I booked a catalog show, a possible wedding catalog shower or registry and a possible order!! Plus, the majority said they wanted to be added to my mailing list.

So! For those of you who are discouraged about your business...all I can tell you is KEEP TRYING!! Eventually, there will be those who say "yes"! And it feels FABULOUS when they do!!!

May 28, 2009
  2. ChefGwendolyn

ChefGwendolyn Member Gold Member

Re: Excited!

:) thank you for your encouragement!

I really needed to hear it!

May 28, 2009
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

That's so great to hear how things are picking up for you! Great job at sticking to it and keeping on trying. It does come around. :) Oh how I'm hoping things will turn around for me! I'm really trying and hope things pick up.

May 28, 2009
  4. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

Great to hear Sheila. Nice work on networking your business.

May 28, 2009
  5. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Good job getting yourself out there!!! Keep it up!

6. Re: Excited!

Great job! Good thinking on the people you talk with a lot.

7. Aunticooks

Aunticooks Member Gold Member

Fantastic job! What have you been pampering your businesses with? I can't decide what to bake. Any suggestions would be great.

May 28, 2009
  8. patty42240

patty42240 Member

I was at the bank yesterday depositing some checks into my PC Account. I write on each of my deposit slips "Pampered Chef Account" and this was mostly for my benefit but when the teller saw that written on my slip she asked if I had a catalog and of course I had one in my car. She loves PC and because it was busy and customers were in line I told her I would come back in a few days and book a show with her.

May 30, 2009
Have something to add?