• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Suck at Host Coaching...help!

The best way to improve your hosting skills is to attend a teleclass or buy a CD from paperwork supply.
pamperedchefjunkie
My title pretty much says it! I can't seem to get the host coaching part down. I think my shows would be more successful if I could just host coach better! Any ideas?

Try following this script! It's worked for me! I think I got it from someone on this site, but not sure?

Attachments

• 3 Call Host Coaching Script.doc
    38 KB · Views: 431
I would loveAdvice, successful systems, etc., as well. I'm really curious about how to get hosts to do the booking for you BEFORE a show.

My AD is a "natural" at host coaching, and doesn't really know how to coach us at it. I'm really working on improving over the next two months. I would like to have a "system" in place by the New Year.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Thank you both! Very helpful information!

Okay, I am not one to give great advice on this one, but I'll give a few pointers. Get to know the host on a personal level so that it's not all business. Try to always start with a comment about the last conversation so that don't feel used by you as a salesperson.

Call even if you think they have it all under control. Sometimes I talk myself out of calling them because I don't want to bother them or they seem to be a professional host. They often have questions that they don't think are big enough to bother you with (like is S&H taxed). You are taking an issue off of their brain by calling.

Take good notes so you can give suggestions later. For example, I booked a show off a show in early Sept. I just called to confirm the date and she couldn't think of 40 people. Because I wrote down that she was inviting her Bible Study, I was able to ask if she was in a Sunday School class or knew other folks from church. She then told me that her husband will invite his co-workers. Next time we talk, I'll ask her what her husband wants from the party and if he cooks. I'll also remind her to invite men - not just women.

Good luck and I look forward to lots of other advice...BEE

Page 47 of the catalogIf you just flip to the back of the catalog on page 47, all you need for host coaching is there.
It talks about the host benefits in detail, as well as pictures of the half price combos, the booking benefit, becoming a consultant, and the page right befor that shows some of the delicious recipes we can demo for them.

The "It's Show Time Flyer" does the same thing. I usually read off from either one to make sure I don't forget anything. I love face to face host coaching the best, because we can brainstorm on guests to invite, I can help them pick a recipe, etc... But sometimes it's impossible and the phone host coaching can be done the same way.

Then of course you can just add in whatever you want to, but it's all there for you. I offer to send out invites for them also and tell them how important it is to invite many people because only about 1/3 will actually show up. WE discuss the way the show works (my demo, game, prizes, dessert, take orders). Then we go over gathering outside orders and we are good to go!!

Debbie

Use the 3-call system outlined in the Welcome Booklet and Recipe for Success--the words to say are there.

Take a Host Coaching teleclass.

Buy a Host Coaching CD from paperwork/supply.

I love using the Host Information Sheet that Pampered Chef provided us. You use the three call system with it. It reminds you of everything. Sometimes I sound like I am reading so I tell my host I am going down my checklist to make sure I do not miss anything. I think this makes my job look easier.

Lisa

Related to I Suck at Host Coaching...help!

1. How can I improve my host coaching skills?

To improve your host coaching skills, it is important to first understand the purpose of host coaching. Host coaching is all about building a relationship with your host and setting them up for a successful party. This includes providing them with all the necessary information and resources to invite guests, prepare for the party, and earn rewards. Some ways to improve your host coaching skills include setting clear expectations, communicating regularly with your host, and offering support and guidance throughout the party planning process.

2. What should I include in my host coaching messages?

Your host coaching messages should include important details about the party such as the date, time, location, and theme. You should also provide your host with resources such as invitation templates, party planning guides, and product information. It is also helpful to remind your host about the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and discounts. Additionally, you can include fun and engaging content to keep your host excited about their party.

3. How often should I communicate with my host?

The frequency of your communication with your host will depend on their preferences and the timeline of their party. However, it is generally recommended to touch base with your host at least once a week leading up to the party. This can be through email, text, or phone call. You can also adjust the frequency of your communication based on the level of engagement from your host. If they are actively involved and responsive, you may not need to reach out as often.

4. What if my host is not responding to my messages?

If your host is not responding to your messages, try reaching out through a different communication method. For example, if you have been emailing them, try sending a text message or giving them a call. You can also try switching up the content of your messages to make them more engaging. If your host is still unresponsive, it may be helpful to have a conversation with them to understand their level of interest in hosting a party and if there are any barriers preventing them from being engaged.

5. How can I make host coaching more fun and interactive?

Host coaching doesn't have to be all business and can be made more fun and interactive for both you and your host. You can incorporate games, challenges, and prizes to keep your host engaged and excited about the party. You can also create a sense of community by encouraging your host to invite their friends to join a Facebook group or attend a virtual pre-party. Additionally, you can provide your host with fun and creative ideas for party themes, decorations, and refreshments to make the planning process more enjoyable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • EmilyinAL
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kayleigh