• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Some Super Cute Treats for My 9 Yo V Day Party

In summary, when my kids were little we would make cupcakes like hearts with a marble at the top. Nowadays, store bought is the only way to go. Some people do nasty things when they're not allowed to make their own treats. My son is making a castle out of boxes with a draw bridge, my daughter is making a garden box, and my three year old Naomi is going to do a power ranger box.
slj1229
I need some super cute treats for my 9 yo v day party

When my kids were little we made cupcakes like hearts. Before baking slide a marble at the top of the cupcake (between the liner and the pan) it will bake into a heart. We also would buy the squeeze it (Koolaid brand I think) & tie a small bag of hershey kisses with a tag that said here's some kisses and a squeeze from .....

I would like some ideas for my DS's daycare too. I would like to do something cute and simple but with WOW for them instead of a card with a suckers stuck through it, ha!:D

jrstephens said:
I would like some ideas for my DS's daycare too. I would like to do something cute and simple but with WOW for them instead of a card with a suckers stuck through it, ha!:D

Thas exactly what my DS's class is getting at daycare. They don't allow any home made items. It all has to be store bought. So we are pretty limited.

Everywhere here (schools, etc) has to have store bought now.

stacywhitlow said:
Everywhere here (schools, etc) has to have store bought now.

For good reason - you'd be surprised what some people do. When I was teaching second grade, a parent sent in cupcakes for her DD's b-day - in the gerbil box! :eek: She had dumped out the shavings in the box (you could still see some), then stuck the cupcakes in there for her DD to bring to school! :eek: :yuck: :yuck:

Her reasoning? She didn't have a box and if the shavings were dumped, she didn't see the big deal! Needless to say, the store bought rule went into effect the next week in that school district!

Ick! Yikes! For my DD pre-k class, I'll include stickers or something like that. I like giving something that ISN'T sugar and that's fun. I did that for another treat recently and they loved the stickers...something to do! Of course, I included a chocolate chip cookie (yes, store bought here too...but organic). I'd love to do something homemade, but with the above post, I guess it's true...I wouldn't trust everyone!

ChefJoyJ said:
For good reason - you'd be surprised what some people do. When I was teaching second grade, a parent sent in cupcakes for her DD's b-day - in the gerbil box! :eek: She had dumped out the shavings in the box (you could still see some), then stuck the cupcakes in there for her DD to bring to school! :eek: :yuck: :yuck:

Her reasoning? She didn't have a box and if the shavings were dumped, she didn't see the big deal! Needless to say, the store bought rule went into effect the next week in that school district!
Now that's just plain nasty! :yuck: I hope she never invited you over for dinner.

She didn't have a box and if the shavings were dumped, she didn't see the big deal!

Ok, that's just disgusting. If she felt that was ok to serve to children, can you imagine her kitchen? I'd have seriously considered calling CPS. :yuck:

ChefJoyJ said:

YUCK!! GROSS!! NASTY!!! DISGUSTING!!! :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Ok now that I got that out of my system, I always make everything homemade for my homeschool group. I make sure to use my big Wilton cake pans for transporting cupcakes or other goodies.

I think for our Valentine's party I am going to make some cupcakes. I will just be adding heart sprinkles to the top and make strawberry flavor. I have no energy to be more creative. Kids are just getting over sickness and finishing antibiotics. I also have to make candy bags and get some prizes for the first, second and third place winner of the best Valentine container.

My son is making a castle out of boxes with a draw bridge. Also my daughter is making a garden box, with lots of flowers. My three year old Naomi made a Barney box, complete with stuffed baby bop sticking out from the top. My two year old is going to do a power ranger box. But we haven't started yet.

Debbie :D

What are some easy and cute Valentine's Day treats for a 9-year-old's party?

For a quick and adorable treat, try making heart-shaped Rice Krispie treats using a heart-shaped cookie cutter. You can also dip strawberries in melted chocolate and add sprinkles for a festive touch.

How can I make Valentine's Day treats that are nut-free for my child's party?

A fun and nut-free option is to make heart-shaped sugar cookies and decorate them with frosting and sprinkles. You can also make a fruit platter with heart-shaped fruit, such as watermelon or strawberries.

What are some non-candy options for Valentine's Day treats?

You can make heart-shaped sandwiches using cookie cutters and fill them with your child's favorite ingredients. You can also make heart-shaped fruit skewers or mini heart-shaped pizzas using English muffins and tomato sauce.

How can I involve my child in making the Valentine's Day treats for their party?

Depending on their age, your child can help with simple tasks such as measuring ingredients, stirring, or decorating the treats. You can also involve them in choosing the recipes and ingredients to make it a fun and collaborative experience.

What are some budget-friendly options for Valentine's Day treats?

You can make heart-shaped popcorn by drizzling melted white chocolate over popped popcorn and adding red food coloring. Another budget-friendly option is to make heart-shaped fruit snacks using gelatin and heart-shaped molds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Anna Farnum
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • fun2cook2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies