• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Lost a Major Party Last Night...so I Am Hoping This Will Make up for It...

In summary, the speaker is trying to qualify in order to get their website and has come up with a Mystery Host/Open House Announcement to encourage others to book parties and make purchases. They have a list of 100 contacts and are unsure of the best way to contact them. They also mention losing a potential party to another consultant and needing to build their kit with new items.
MaryLou
I really, really need/want to qualify, so that I can get my website (I have about 30 friends outside the state that want to buy from me). I had already planned on an open house next week; namely Friday Night. So...with that in mind I came up with my version of a Mystery Host/Open House Announcement.

I live far away from some of the people, so I came up with two options. I know we give tons of stuff away...but I am looking at this as my opportunity to book some major parties. I wanted to be able to encourage those that couldn't actually come to my house to book parties and make purchases, too.

Please tell me what you think. Is it over the top? Would you do something differently?

I have only sold 500 so far; I have one more party scheduled for Monday night. And, I have a list of over 100 Pampered Chef contacts that was given to me by a consultant that just moved. So, I have a mega list. What would be the best way to contact them? Is there a way to discount the postage?

The party I lost was over 2000 already; it looks like it will end up going to another consultant. I cannot really go into it online in case the other hostess reads the board. However, I will contact that consultant and ask her if she can collect my catalogs.

I plan on mailing it Monday. Most are local so they should receive it by Wednesday.

Attachments

• You are invited to a Pampered Chef.Mystery.doc
    32 KB · Views: 429
IMHO it isn't over the top, unless you are going to be out a lot of $$ for the bar pan, etc.

krzymomof4 said:
IMHO it isn't over the top, unless you are going to be out a lot of $$ for the bar pan, etc.

The only thing I would have to purchase is the paring knives; I have everything else. And, honestly I don't have room for the duplicates (considering I need to build my kit with items that I don't have).

I am very anxious. I had some recipe suggestions on the tip board...but I guess I won't know how much/what I will need until Thursday night.

Thank you.

GET YOUR WEBSITE NOW!!! You DO NOT have to be qualified for your friends to order! Set up a show in your name and invite them all to order, entering YOUR NAME as the host. They can still have orders direct shipped and you can enter the orders all as one show to get you qualified!!!!DO NOT WAIT!!!!

DebbieJ said:
GET YOUR WEBSITE NOW!!! You DO NOT have to be qualified for your friends to order! Set up a show in your name and invite them all to order, entering YOUR NAME as the host. They can still have orders direct shipped and you can enter the orders all as one show to get you qualified!!!!

DO NOT WAIT!!!!

I thought we had to be qualified to take orders?

You have to be qualified to take online orders that are not part of a show. But you can get your PWS now, and set up a show - and people can order as part of that show (they'll need to enter the host name).

chefann said:
You have to be qualified to take online orders that are not part of a show. But you can get your PWS now, and set up a show - and people can order as part of that show (they'll need to enter the host name).

I didn't know that...I'll get it set up. Thanks!

MaryLou said:
I really, really need/want to qualify, so that I can get my website (I have about 30 friends outside the state that want to buy from me). I had already planned on an open house next week; namely Friday Night. So...with that in mind I came up with my version of a Mystery Host/Open House Announcement.

I live far away from some of the people, so I came up with two options. I know we give tons of stuff away...but I am looking at this as my opportunity to book some major parties. I wanted to be able to encourage those that couldn't actually come to my house to book parties and make purchases, too.

Please tell me what you think. Is it over the top? Would you do something differently?

I have only sold 500 so far; I have one more party scheduled for Monday night. And, I have a list of over 100 Pampered Chef contacts that was given to me by a consultant that just moved. So, I have a mega list. What would be the best way to contact them? Is there a way to discount the postage?

The party I lost was over 2000 already; it looks like it will end up going to another consultant. I cannot really go into it online in case the other hostess reads the board. However, I will contact that consultant and ask her if she can collect my catalogs.

I plan on mailing it Monday. Most are local so they should receive it by Wednesday.

The very best way to contact them would be to call them, and let them know that you are available for shows or for any needs they may have. Ask them if there is anything you can help them with, and if they would be interested in hearing about upcoming specials....and then, invite them to your show!

I'm curious how you lost a $2000 show?!?

cmdtrgd said:
I'm curious how you lost a $2000 show?!?

That is exactly what I was wondering - I was reading thru all the posts - AND Totally agree with Becky - and the whole time... I'm not getting the 2000 show lost??

It's very personal, but you may p'm me. I'd just rather not have it on the board for everyone to read.:(

Marylou -

Call everyone - introduce yourself and save the postage - its more personal and you will do much better with it - Make sure you mention you got there name from consultant x who moved out of state and wanted to make sure their needs were kept - good luck and keep us posted -

We are all here for you!

PamperedDor said:
Marylou -

Call everyone - introduce yourself and save the postage - its more personal and you will do much better with it - Make sure you mention you got there name from consultant x who moved out of state and wanted to make sure their needs were kept - good luck and keep us posted -

We are all here for you!

What she said!!

Okay, my online party is going. As long as it reaches 150, I am good for qualifying. So...I think I shall do the open house a week from Tuesday night to give everyone time to plan to be there. *sigh* I really appreciate y'alls support on this.:)

I think it stinks that you worked on a show and another consultant is somehow taking it...don't know the details, but unless you just couldn't get along with the host and asked her to go with a different consultant, it seems very unethical.

((HUGS)) Mary Lou!
Glad to hear you are set up to qualify, let us know when you do!

Sorry to hear about your show.... glad to see you didn't give up!
If I may say I think the invite is kinda wordy, a bit to long. Is there a way to sum in up using less words? It's a great idea, I too wanted to get rid of doubles, no room to store stuff.

MaryLou said:
Okay, my online party is going. As long as it reaches 150, I am good for qualifying. So...I think I shall do the open house a week from Tuesday night to give everyone time to plan to be there. *sigh* I really appreciate y'alls support on this.:)

Sorry to hear about your show. Just a quick question. You were able to sign up I thought we had to qualify first and weren't able to take online orders yet. If that's not the case I need to do that too. I'm looking to qualify this month too.

Humble Beginnings said:
Sorry to hear about your show. Just a quick question. You were able to sign up I thought we had to qualify first and weren't able to take online orders yet. If that's not the case I need to do that too. I'm looking to qualify this month too.
You can get a PWS as soon as you get your PC debit card. And you can take online orders that are affiliated with a show. You just can't take individual online orders or set up wedding registries until you qualify.

Thanks Chefann!

MaryLou, I wish you the best with everything. Good luck and don't give up!!

1. How can I make up for losing a major party last night?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, there are a few ways you can make up for a lost party. First, try reaching out to your host and see if they would be interested in rescheduling for another date. You can also offer to do a virtual party or a catalog party to still make sales. Additionally, consider offering a special discount or promotion to your host and guests as a gesture of goodwill.

2. Will losing a major party affect my sales and commission?

While losing a party may result in lower sales for that particular event, it does not have to significantly affect your overall sales and commission. Continue to focus on booking future parties and promoting your business to reach new customers.

3. How can I prevent losing a major party in the future?

One way to prevent losing a party in the future is to always have a backup plan. If a host cancels or reschedules, have a few potential hostesses in mind that you can reach out to. Also, make sure to stay in communication with your host and provide them with all the necessary information and support to ensure a successful party.

4. Can I still earn rewards and incentives if I lost a major party?

Yes, you can still earn rewards and incentives even if you lost a major party. Focus on booking more parties and increasing your sales to reach the required qualifications for the rewards and incentives offered by Pampered Chef.

5. How can I stay motivated after losing a major party?

Losing a party can be discouraging, but it's important to stay motivated and focused on your goals. Remember why you started your Pampered Chef business and the potential for success it holds. Reach out to your team or fellow consultants for support and motivation. Also, set smaller achievable goals to stay motivated and celebrate every success, no matter how small it may seem.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BlueMoon
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies