• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Haven't Had a Cooking Show Since July and Was a Little Nervous

In summary, a woman named Jodi had not had a cooking show since July and was nervous about her show tonight. She had only done catalogue shows for August and September and had nothing planned for October. However, she ended up having a great show and received a new highest show total of $1490. Before the show, she also had $766 in outside orders, including a $425 order from a woman who couldn't make it but still placed the order. Jodi's host tried to suggest that this could be a catalogue show for her, but the customer declined. Jodi is wondering if she should send the customer a thank you gift for such a large order. In response to Jodi's excitement, her friend congratulates her
kcjodih
Gold Member
I haven't had a cooking show since July and was a little nervous heading to my show tonight. I've only had catalogue shows for August and September and nothing for October. What a great feeling to get back in the saddle again AND get a new highest show total - $1490 and counting :D:D

She had $766 in outside orders BEFORE the show - one from a woman at work who at the last minute couldn't make it but placed a $425 order - after shipping, taxes and round up it was a $500 even order! I've NEVER had someone order that much. The host tried to tell her that this could be a catalogue show of her own (the host had done two previous shows for me three years ago so she knows what she's doing - one was $920 and one $1207) but the customer said 'no, don't worry about it'. Speaking of which, would you send this customer something as a thank you for such a large order?

Re: Woohoo!Congrats Jodi....what a way to start November...and it'S SAT month!!!
Go girl Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Woohoo!Thanks! Only $500 away from level 2. Another show tomorrow and that will cover level one and hopefully get me to level 2 and on to level 3. :)

For those I have now confused..in Canada it's 2000 for level 2, 3500 for level 3 and 7000 for level 4 :)

Re: Woohoo!I would DEFINITELY send that customer a note thanking her for her order! That's so awesome, Congratulations!

Re: Woohoo!Congrats! :p

Re: Woohoo!Thanks Heather Lynn :)

Re: Woohoo!WHOO WHOOO!!!! Great way to get back into the rhythm of cooking shows! Doing a Happy Dance and cheering from TX. Congrats and Kudos! I'd send a thank you note....do you have a calendar for the host and that large order? Maybe you can send those?

1. How can I overcome my nerves for hosting a cooking show after a long break?

It's completely normal to feel nervous after a break from hosting cooking shows. To overcome your nerves, try practicing the recipes beforehand, inviting a close friend or family member to co-host with you, and reminding yourself that your guests are there to have a good time and learn from you.

2. Will my guests notice that I haven't hosted a cooking show since July?

It's unlikely that your guests will notice or even remember when your last cooking show was. Everyone is there to have a good time and enjoy delicious food, so try not to worry too much about the timing of your last show.

3. How can I get back into the swing of hosting cooking shows?

To get back into the swing of hosting cooking shows, start by reviewing your favorite recipes and familiarizing yourself with any new products or techniques. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef mentor or attend a training session to refresh your skills and gain confidence.

4. What if I forget a step or make a mistake during the cooking show?

Don't worry if you forget a step or make a mistake during the cooking show. It's natural and can even make the experience more relatable for your guests. Just keep calm, laugh it off, and continue on with the show. Your guests will appreciate your authenticity.

5. How can I make my first cooking show back a success?

To make your first cooking show back a success, focus on creating a fun and welcoming atmosphere for your guests. Share your passion for cooking and the products, engage with your guests, and have a positive attitude. Remember, the most important thing is for everyone to have a good time and enjoy delicious food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Monty060609
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
beckypchef
  • dessertMama