• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal I Have No Clue How to Interveiw. (Like What to Ask Them) I Have No

In summary, when looking for a babysitter, it is important to ask for references and make sure to call them. It is also helpful to clarify expectations and pay attention to rates in your area, using resources like care.com. Round up when paying and be considerate of the sitter's time.
princessmeshelle
I have no clue how to interveiw. (like what to ask them) I have no clue what is considered a good rate. Or average for that matter... I have no clue what to expect of them except don't harm my kids. I have a 3 yr old and a 6 month old. I have tried asking for recomendations and it seems that every person I know either never goes out or is lucky enough to a responsible adult frend who will watch their kids for free. With DH gone, I need care for shows, meetings and a few times monthly doing classes or going shooting. I have no clue what to look for. I at least have a list of babysitters certified through our post (we are military) so I can start there for sitters. Any advice on what to look for and how to figure out the money would be helpful. I'm afraid I will hirre the first person I call and as luck would have it they are the worst and most expensive, but I won't know any better... Advice PLEASE!

Re: Babysitterscpr trained was always top on our list
we only hired sitters from our church

Re: BabysittersAs for rate, you can find out the max going rate by calling a local care agency. Then you can figure a range from there.

I would ask for references and make sure to call them.

Good luck!

Re: BabysittersAsk your potential sitter for the name and phone number of someone for whom he/she has worked. Call that parent and talk to them. Ask if the sitter is reliable and good with their kids.

Make sure you tell your sitter exactly what is expected. (dishes in dishwasher, kids in bed by 8, etc)

Ask her/him what they charge. I personally sit for other families. I charge $10 an hour, but I drive and am an adult. You could also ask the moms on base what the going rate is. If you can afford it, always round up when you pay. If you owe her/him $15, pay $20. They are more likely to return if you tip them. Also, if you have to cancel your sitter because of a change in plans or a sick child, offer to pay any way. You booked that time out and the sitter will lose money if you don't pay her.

Good luck!

1. What are some tips for preparing for an interview?

The first step in preparing for an interview is to research the company you are interviewing with. This will help you understand their values, mission, and culture. Next, review the job description to identify key skills and qualifications that the company is looking for. Practice answering common interview questions and make a list of your own questions to ask the interviewer. Finally, dress professionally and arrive early to the interview.

2. How do I know what questions to ask during an interview?

Before the interview, research the company and the position to identify specific areas you would like to learn more about. During the interview, listen carefully and ask follow-up questions based on the interviewer's responses. You can also ask about the company's goals, values, and work culture to gain a better understanding of the company's values and expectations.

3. What should I avoid asking during an interview?

Avoid asking questions about salary, benefits, or vacation time during the initial interview. These questions are better left for a later stage in the hiring process. It is also not appropriate to ask personal questions about the interviewer or make assumptions about the company's future plans.

4. How can I showcase my skills and qualifications during an interview?

One of the best ways to showcase your skills and qualifications is to provide specific examples from your past experiences. Prepare stories that highlight your accomplishments and how you have used your skills to solve problems or achieve success. Use the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result) to structure your answers and make them more impactful.

5. How can I make a good impression during an interview?

To make a good impression during an interview, be professional, polite, and enthusiastic. Make sure to maintain good eye contact and use positive body language. Listen carefully to the interviewer's questions and answer them thoughtfully. Ask questions to show your interest in the position and the company. Thank the interviewer for their time and follow up with a thank-you note after the interview.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Pampered_Ashley84
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies