• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have My First Cooking Show in 2 Months Tonight.....and There Are

In summary, Sherri had a cooking show scheduled for tonight and there were 15-20 guests expected. 13 people came and most knew her from being friends or from playing sports together. One guest brought chicken salad to the show and when I mentioned the opportunity, Melinda got upset and left. Sherri is hoping to make $500 from the show.
pamela
I have my first Cooking show in 2 months tonight.....and there are expected to be 15-20 CONFIRMED guests!!!!!!!!!!! What a way to get back in the saddle! I am really excited!

Awesome!! Good Luck tonight!! I leave tomorrow for NC and have to wake up at 3:30am! OUCH!:eek:

Good luck and have fun Meg!! Hope the storms hold off for you!!

Good luck at your big show!!

Good luck!!!!

Good luck to you! I have a feeling it is going to be a GREAT night for you!

Good luck! Have fun with it and go with the flow!:chef:

You go woman!
Don't forget to post how you did...which will be awesome :)

Wowsers!!! Yeah, don't forget to post the outcome!!!! :money::money::money::money:

Cheering for you Meg. Have a great show!

So Meg, are you home? How did it go??

OK~you guys asked for this!

First, let me say that my Host, Sherri, was very excited and was really looking forward to a "girls night out" as her kids are at her Mom's in WV. She had expected her guests to stay well past the show and visit. She had 20 CONFIRMED guests coming.

Sales are at $264 and 2 bookings-one for August and one for September.

13 guests came (the other 7 were MIA) and as we did introductions, I asked everyone to tell me how they knew Sherri and what the one food item is that people ask them to bring to functions. Most people were saying "our boys played ball together" or "we go to church together"....one lady is always asked to bring her chicken salad to functions. The lady following the chicken salad lady says "Sherri used to go to church with us" (her friend was sitting next to her) and then under her breath she says "until we started sacrificing chikens" :bugeye: I tried to make a joke of it and said "oh, chickens for Pam's chicken salad?" and the guest rolls her eyes and says "nevermind".........
We proceed into the kitchen and everyone gets in on the action of cutting and chopping and slicing, except the 2 friends....they stand in the corner and talk, not very quietly, to each other as if they haven't seen one another for years. I tried to engage them in the dessert and FINALLY told them that we couldn't eat it until it was finished, so SOMEONE needed to come slice strawberries!

OK~now we all go into the living room and as they eat, I talk about the specials, bookings and the opportunity. Sherri had told me before any of her guests arrived that one of her friends husband passed away in March and that this would be the first function Melinda was coming to. Melinda was a trooper through the whole show...until I started to talk about the opportunity. Part of what I do is hold up a bag with goodies in it that represent why I am still with PC after 8 years...well, the bag is from my former employer...a local hospital corporation....the one Melinda's husband died at! :cry: This triggers tears for hers and she flees to the bathroom as do the 4 or 5 friends that know her situation! As soon as I go to set up at my laptop, they all leave! No orders, no explanation to me, but they did tell Sherri and then zipped out the front door.

Oh, and the 2 chatty friends....they came, talked, ate and then did not order and on their way out tell Sherri, "a man at our church is starting with PC and is having an open house next week. We are going to that and ordering from him to support his new business. I hope you aren't offended." :mad::grumpy::mad: ARE YOU SERIOUS???????

Poor Sherri was a mess, so I stayed with her until about 10:15-she lives just around the corner from me anyway, and I just couldn't leave her so upset. She was furious at the 2 chatty folks for being so rude, and she was upset that Melinda was so upset. I was upset because it was my bag that set Melinda off....oh, the drama.

She is determined to get to at least $500 and was already devising an email to send to the folks that did RSVP they were coming and then didn't show up as well as a different one to the people that left with Melinda!

remember, you asked me to tell you how it went!:rolleyes:

For Flips sake , Meg!
((HUGS))

Like we tell our new girls, you never have another first show again!
(unless, of course you take a couple of months off!)
Good for you that you got to bookings out of that mess.
Sounds like some of her guests came with some issues.
Such is life, your next show will be way better!

Koolotus said:
For Flips sake , Meg!
((HUGS))

Like we tell our new girls, you never have another first show again!
(unless, of course you take a couple of months off!)
Good for you that you got to bookings out of that mess.
Sounds like some of her guests came with some issues.
Such is life, your next show will be way better!

that is putting it mildly!
I am OK about all of this....I am happy my Host is in a new place than she was when they all left, and I am glad for the bookings. There was only lady there that was a former consultant and she had nothing but good things to say about how I handled all of this.

Today is a new day~I have the "Kids Cooking Camp" amd hope that the moms of the 2 kids coming will see the need for them to host a show or become a consultant once they see what fun their kids have had!

Oh my!

Kind of like you got anything icky that could have happened in the past two months at shows and had it all hit the fan at once.

However, YOU ARE BACK!!! Congratulations on getting your apron back on and getting two bookings!

..."a man at our church is starting with PC and is having an open house next week. We are going to that and ordering from him to support his new business. I hope you aren't offended."...

That was just beyond rude! What were they doing, spying on your technique so they could go back and report to him? Rude, honey! (I tell all my friends if they are invited to go to 'other' PC parties that they go and support their friends and make a nice purchase. However, if they book a show with the other consultant I will hurt them :) )

So sorry it didn't go better than expected for you. Glad your host was feeling better before you left. Hopefuly these same witchy women will not show up at either of the shows who booked off of your host and I hope that the woman who got upset at the site of your bag is feeling better today. You had no way of knowing and I'm sure she knows that too.

Hugs!

what Linda said!!

Oh my goodness Meg! I just fully read thru your post. What an evening!
Blessing though, that your host had you as her consultant...I bet it made a huge difference to her that you stayed and helped her feel better. :)

1. What Are the Best Products to Use for a Cooking Show?

The best products to use for a cooking show would be those that are versatile and can be used for multiple recipes. Some popular Pampered Chef products for cooking shows include the Deep Covered Baker, Rockcrok, and Stoneware Baking Sheet.

2. How Can I Prepare for My Cooking Show?

To prepare for your cooking show, it is important to familiarize yourself with the products and recipes you will be using. Practice using the products and rehearse the recipes beforehand. Also, make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and equipment ready before the show.

3. What Are Some Tips for Engaging the Audience During a Cooking Show?

Engage the audience by involving them in the cooking process. Ask for volunteers to help with tasks such as chopping or mixing. Encourage questions and interactions throughout the show. You can also share fun facts or tips about the products or ingredients being used.

4. Can I Customize the Recipes for My Cooking Show?

Yes, you can customize the recipes to fit your cooking show. You can add your own twist to the recipes or adjust them to accommodate any dietary restrictions or preferences of your audience. Just make sure to test the changes beforehand to ensure a successful outcome.

5. How Can I Encourage Guests to Make Purchases at My Cooking Show?

One way to encourage guests to make purchases at your cooking show is to offer special deals or discounts. You can also showcase the versatility and convenience of the products by using them in different recipes. Don't forget to mention the host rewards available when guests book their own cooking show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • Doraine
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PampMomof3