• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Panicked and Nervous: Reviving My Cooking Show with Chicken Fajitas & More!

In summary, Michelle is a guest on a cooking show and is nervous about it. She has three recipes to demo and is worried that she will not be able to keep up with everything. She wants to make her show "new" by doing a hands on demo. She is also worried about forgetting something important.
pamela
I have not done an actual Cooking show in 2 months...I have one on Tuesday and I am in a panic! We are doing the Chicken Fajitas in the DCB, the Banana Split Brownie Pizza and lemonade in the QSP..........I am just really nervous because the last few live shows I did were really off.

I would love to hear some suggestions about making my show "new" !

First: Why are you doing THREE recipes??

Whenever I let a host talk me into more than one I am so sorry! It is too hard for me to keep up with everything. Maybe it's my age.

Do the lemonade ahead of time and just leave one lemon to slice at the show with the UM - no don't even bother - you can use the UM for the fajitas.

If you have the crust of the brownie done ahead (no ovens during the show in summer - well at least that's my rule). Prep the vegies for the fajitas, layer everything in the DCB and while it's microwaving do the topping for the brownie pizza.

Personally, when I do the fajitas I will do a salsa with it and even if they won't interact the guests will make that salsa (they actually enjoy it). Then with all the garnishes and tortillas lots of products are shown and it's quick. While the chicken is microwaving I'm doing my talk about other products, hosting, recruiting...

ETA: Well, I just realized that I didn't answer your question - sorry I'm no help.

I wasn't very clear about the recipes...we are only demo'ing the falitas,...the other stuff will be prepared ahead of time and we will only assmble the pizza while the fajitas are cooking....

I let her talk me into it because she contacted me about doing a show and it inspired me to get on the phone and make the much needed calls! I was in a weak moment!!!

Well, that's no issue then. I thought you were going to demo all of it.

I can't wait to do a fajita show now that I have the recipe for the DCB. I made it for my family and they devoured it!!

Make it "new" by doing a hands on demo. Hold it in the kitchen, even if she doesn't have an island, you can work around a counter. Bring 2-3 cutting boards with you. Have everyone close to your work area so you can just hand someone a cutting board and a "job" while you move on to the next step. This is very nice if you are doing something putzy. Have everyone stand so that you can get people to help you. I bring gloves and I hand them the gloves along with the tools.

Michelle

Relax and have fun! It's like riding a bike--just get back on!

bethcooks4u said:
Well, that's no issue then. I thought you were going to demo all of it.

I can't wait to do a fajita show now that I have the recipe for the DCB. I made it for my family and they devoured it!!

I'll tell ya, Beth, they go like wildfire and I was selling a ton of DCB's when I was actually doing shows!
My hope with this show is that I can tell them all of the reasons to have a DCB in order to save $$ and cook at home and hopefully get much needed bookings, not just sales! There was an idea that Colleen posted from Ann about everyone talking about how much they spend on eating out each month and then I can show them how they can turn that money into purchasing PC products and cooking at home!

I have myself so freaked out about this that I dreamt last night I went to the show and forgot catalogs, order forms and my laptop!
What is wrong with me????

1. What inspired you to create a cooking show featuring chicken fajitas?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I often receive questions about how to use our products in different recipes. Chicken fajitas are a popular and versatile dish that can be easily made using our cookware and kitchen tools. Plus, who doesn't love a good fajita?

2. Can you share any tips for making the perfect chicken fajitas?

Absolutely! One of the keys to delicious fajitas is marinating the chicken in a flavorful mixture before cooking. I like to use a combination of lime juice, garlic, and spices. Also, don't overcook the chicken - it should be juicy and tender. Finally, make sure to use a hot skillet or grill for that perfect charred flavor.

3. I'm new to cooking and feel nervous about trying new recipes. How can I overcome this fear?

Cooking can be intimidating for beginners, but the key is to start small and build your confidence. Choose simple recipes like chicken fajitas and follow them closely. As you become more comfortable in the kitchen, you can start experimenting with different ingredients and techniques. Don't be afraid to make mistakes - they can often lead to delicious discoveries!

4. How do you come up with new and creative ideas for your cooking show?

I draw inspiration from a variety of sources - cookbooks, food blogs, cooking shows, and even my own cravings. I also love to experiment with different flavor combinations and techniques. And of course, I always try to incorporate Pampered Chef products in unique and helpful ways.

5. Can you recommend any other recipes to pair with chicken fajitas?

Absolutely! Fajitas are a great main dish, but they also pair well with a variety of sides. Some of my favorites include Mexican rice, black beans, guacamole, and salsa. You can also add a refreshing salad or some grilled veggies for a complete and delicious meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Kristin B