• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have a Job Fair Early Tomorrow Morning. I Will Be Leaving My House

In summary, a person is preparing for a job fair the next morning and needs help with a recipe for Pecan Tassies. They only have half of the required amount of pecans and are wondering if they can substitute with almonds. They also ask for advice on toasting the almonds and express their gratitude for the help. Other participants suggest using half walnuts and half pecans or using half pecans and half almonds. The person also shares their excitement about the job fair, which is for home-based businesses, and mentions that there are 6 companies and 45 registered attendees. They ask for good luck and promise to share how the event goes. In summary, there is a discussion about substituting nuts in a recipe and a
AmieCream
I have a job fair early tomorrow morning. I will be leaving my house at 7 eastern time.

I am making the Pecan Tassies for a sampling...

the recipe calls for 1 Cup of pecans and I only have 1/2 a cup...I do have almonds though...

can I add 1/2 pecans 1/2 almonds, do I need to toast them?

I'm sorry to ask this silly question, but I'm not a cook...I just follow recipes!

Please help! I need to know by 6 eastern in the morning.

TIA

Re: Help!!!I'm not sure if you are technically supposed to, but I interchange various nuts all the time.

Re: Help!!!I would toast the almonds... however if you have walnuts- those are similar in taste to a pecan (although not as good in my opinion) so I'd use half walnuts and half pecans. If not, gently toast the almonds and use what you have! Don't stress...it's pampered chef not perfect chef of pecan chef!

Best of luck at your fair tomorrow~!

Re: Help!!!I am so impressed by how quick you guys are!Thank you...I really needed the help!

Re: Help!!!WE are nothing if not quick... Katie's medicated so I wouldn't listen to her! :) LOL

I'm kidding, I love the Katester!

Re: Help!!!
Kitchen Diva said:
I would toast the almonds... however if you have walnuts- those are similar in taste to a pecan (although not as good in my opinion) so I'd use half walnuts and half pecans. If not, gently toast the almonds and use what you have! Don't stress...it's pampered chef not perfect chef of pecan chef!

Best of luck at your fair tomorrow~!

I second the walnuts. So similiar that you'd easily get away with 1/2 and 1/2 of those. Not too sure of the almonds though...

Re: Help!!!The job fair thing is intriguing to me... has anyone had luck with these? I presume it's for recruits?

IAmChefJ said:
The job fair thing is intriguing to me... has anyone had luck with these? I presume it's for recruits?

I'm very excited about it. It is on Fort Jackson (army installation) and it is a home-based business job fair!

There are 6 companies and 45 women who had to RSVP & register for the event.

I will let you know how it goes today!

Thanks for all the great advice you guys...I really needed it!

AmieCream said:
I'm very excited about it. It is on Fort Jackson (army installation) and it is a home-based business job fair!

Good luck Amie! Hope it turns out great for you!

AmieCream said:

That sounds like a pretty neat idea. Please share how it went.

Related to I Have a Job Fair Early Tomorrow Morning. I Will Be Leaving My House

What time should I arrive at the job fair tomorrow morning?

You should arrive at least 15-20 minutes before the job fair begins to give yourself enough time to check in and get settled.

What should I wear to the job fair?

Dress professionally and make sure your appearance is clean and polished. This includes ironing your clothes, having a clean and neat hairstyle, and avoiding overly casual attire.

What documents or materials should I bring to the job fair?

Make sure to bring multiple copies of your resume, a pen and notepad for taking notes, and any relevant certifications or licenses. It's also helpful to have a list of references and a portfolio of your work if applicable.

How should I prepare for the job fair?

Research the companies that will be attending the job fair and have a general idea of the positions they are hiring for. Practice your elevator pitch and have specific examples of your skills and experience ready to share with potential employers.

What should I do if I'm unable to attend the job fair?

If you are unable to attend the job fair, try to reach out to the organizers beforehand and let them know. You can also check to see if the event will have any online components or if there will be any other job fairs in the future that you can attend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • thechefofnorthbend