• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Job Fair Success - Goodwill & Me!

In summary, Sheila found a booth at the job fair and had a great time. She met a lot of people and is now following up with them. She is also hoping to increase her sales this year by increasing her booth attendance.
Sheila
Gold Member
Back on the 8th, I saw an article in the local paper that Goodwill was doing a job fair today. I e-mailed them, signed up & went today.

Here are my results:
  • I just want to be a customer, here's my info = 1
  • I just want to host, not sign up ... here's my info = 5
  • Yes, I like what I'm hearing, I want to take home information to learn more about the business & here's my information so you can follow up with me ... (are you sitting down?) = 68

:happyforyou:

Oh, did I mention the booth was FREE? :D

Here are a few photos of my booth:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299568_2301591784459_1389121744_3533788_1645418_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/299165_2301590864436_1389121744_3533784_3026055_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/300322_2301591224445_1389121744_3533785_1896286_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/296878_2301591384449_1389121744_3533786_4534888_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/298394_2301591664456_1389121744_3533787_6466854_n.jpg

After the photos, I ended up scooting products around so that I could lay the English recruiting slide to the left of the apron & the Spanish recruiting slide to the right of the apron. I had the top slide standing up so they could see 2 slides & thumb through the rest. Not everyone touched them, but a few did!

When the Goodwill rep came around at the end of the day & asked if I'd be interested in doing it again next year, it was hard to not scream "H#)) yeah!" LOL

Now the chore of following up with the leads! Many didn't have e-mail addresses, so I'll have to be doing a lot of the contacts with my 2 year old & 3 year old in the house. Here's the kicker. What if 20 signed up & qualified by the end of the year? I'll take that 40,000 trip points! What if 50 signed up & qualified by the end of the year? My sales & recruiting have taken a dive this year with the evacuation from Japan & living in limbo in TX. I'd
txtloves.gif
to have all those extra trip points!!!

Tip, take lots of recruiting packets! I was short by a few. My original plan was 60 English ones & 10 Spanish ones, but I couldn't find enough folders. So I went with 48 English & 10 Spanish. I gave out all the English ones, 1 of the 3 of the Spanish ones in the first 2 hours! The other 2 Spanish ones were handed out after lunch & need to e-mail or mail info to 17 more. Really wishing now that I had gone to another Wal-Mart for more folders to save on postage!

wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sheila - your boards are amazing -- any chance you can upload a PDF of your "more" headers and the custom flyers you made?

Holy mackerel!!!! That is incredible! A few years ago, I had asked someone I know who has her own company doing resume/employment support if she thought it was worth pursuing having a booth at a job fair (this one would have been paid) since she does them all the time. At that time, she didn't think it would be worth my while because people were looking for FT employment mostly. But obviously times have changed!!! This is definitely something to think about. With people just wanting SOME income and just temporarily, this is a great thing to market.

Congrats!!

Turning to gold, it is...you are awesome.

How exciting for you, Sheila. I'm very curious to hear the follow-up and results along the way. Excellent display boards!!!

I wonder if you're going to get a lot of this objection "I don't want to mess up my unemployment benefit."

These are amazing! I LOVE the paycheque!! Any possibility of being able to edit it? Our average for 8 shows is $1000+ so I'd like to reflect that...Keep us posted on your results!

I went with what was on the PC marketing stuff when I did $850. And no, I'd have to start over again. The graphic that I used for the check background is actually the LAST thing that I did before I saved it, so it's all one photo now and I can't just select the number & change it anymore. Sorry!

Thanks Sheila. In Canada, our marketing material says $1075 for 2 shows a week. I'm presuming our show average is higher, that's why. I'll see if I can play around with it. I really appreciate you sharing your stuff with everyone - I can see how this would come in handy for recruiting events and such!

I totally wasn't clicking on you being in Canada. Sorry girl. It's not perfect, but I was able to paste a section over each of the amounts & kind of blend it in without having to re-do the whole thing. ;)

Attachments

• Paycheck from PC- Canadian Version.jpg
    Paycheck from PC- Canadian Version.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 303
Sheila said:
I totally wasn't clicking on you being in Canada. Sorry girl. It's not perfect, but I was able to paste a section over each of the amounts & kind of blend it in without having to re-do the whole thing. ;)

That is awesome thanks!! I didn't want to cause extra work for you, so I really appreciate it!

Sheila, how did this end up working out for you? Did any of your leads from this sign?

2 have changed their mind. A dozen or so are still interested, one of them has a show on the 25th to see how her friends/family responds. If she gets a good response, she's going to sign & submit that show as her first one. The rest I'm still trying to reach! I just keep getting voicemail or I'm having to contact them by regular mail because they don't have e-mail and/or their cell # is disconnected. A few didn't even have a phone number & gave me a number where I could leave a message. Haven't given up hope yet. I actually just mailed off more stuff to 8 of them who didn't get packets that day (I ran out) and can't accept e-packets. So I mailed them recruiting packets! LOLSo of the 68 leads, I'm down to 66 that I'm still pursuing.

You motivated me to make more calls! :DJust booked another one for the 2nd. She wants the extra income & is excited about getting started. :D

What is "Job Fair Success - Goodwill & Me!"?

"Job Fair Success - Goodwill & Me!" is a workshop hosted by Goodwill that provides attendees with tips and strategies for making the most out of job fairs, including how to prepare, what to expect, and how to stand out to potential employers.

Who is eligible to attend "Job Fair Success - Goodwill & Me!"?

Anyone who is currently looking for a job or interested in improving their job searching skills is welcome to attend "Job Fair Success - Goodwill & Me!". This workshop is open to the public and free of charge.

How can I register for "Job Fair Success - Goodwill & Me!"?

To register for "Job Fair Success - Goodwill & Me!", you can visit the Goodwill website or contact your local Goodwill location. Registration may also be available on-site on the day of the workshop, but it is recommended to register in advance to secure a spot.

What should I bring to "Job Fair Success - Goodwill & Me!"?

You do not need to bring anything to the workshop. However, it may be helpful to bring a notebook and pen to take notes on the tips and strategies provided. Additionally, you may want to bring copies of your resume to receive feedback and advice during the workshop.

Will there be any job fairs at "Job Fair Success - Goodwill & Me!"?

No, "Job Fair Success - Goodwill & Me!" is a workshop specifically designed to help attendees prepare for job fairs. However, the workshop may provide information on upcoming job fairs in the area that attendees can attend after implementing the tips and strategies learned.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ChefParty4U