1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings I have a booking delimma

1. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

My problem is, I was contacted about 3 weeks ago by a girl wanting to throw her friends a bridal shower. She gave me the date and time on my voicemail but when I called her back, she was on vacation and we could not talk. I have called her twice since then and left a message that I need to confirm her date. Well, now I have someone wanting that same date. I have heard nothing from her and I lost her number yesterday. I know, I know - shame on me, but I am trying to figure out what to do. Do I give the other host the date, then if the bridal shower goes through just give it away?

I'm thinking that is the right thing to do. What do you think?

Jul 18, 2009
  2. floccies

floccies Member

It does not sound like you actually confirmed the shower date. Call her one more time. You need to hear from her by date, time (tomorrow) or she will need to pick a different date.

Hopefully someone here can help you with "tactful and polite wording". Not my strength :>

Jul 18, 2009
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Oh man! That stinks you lost her phone number. You never spoke, right? She just left you a message on your machine and since then you never confirmed? I'd say then that since you lost her number, and it wasn't concrete--mutually agreed upon, you should take this new booking. Then if the bridal shower person contacts you, you can apologize for the situation and see if they want a new date or you can refer them to someone in your cluster.

Jul 18, 2009
  4. chefcharity

I found her number! I found her number!! I was moving a few papers on my desk and it had dropped down under the keyboard! Whew! I am not incompetent, really! LOL! Thanks for the advice, appreciate it!

Jul 18, 2009
  5. Flamingo

Flamingo Advanced Member Gold Member

well did you call her?? What did she say???

Jul 18, 2009
  6. chefcharity

Called, left a message - again - told her that I was really excited to be doing the shower for her friends. I can't wait to get their kitchen off to a great start with quality products. I told her that I did need a defenite confirmation from her though, that I had another host looking at that date and I wanted to make sure she had first pick. Told her I was going to be talking to the host tomorrow at 4pm and would need an answer by then. So, we'll see.

Jul 18, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Oh that's great! Great message, that should light a fire under her to return your call. :D And if not, then you can give the other person the date w/ no guilt!

Jul 18, 2009
  8. angel7581

angel7581 Member Gold Member

So are you doing the bridal shower or cooking show?

Jul 19, 2009
  9. chefcharity

Guess I'm doing the cooking show, never heard from her. Wierd, huh, since she contacted me to begin with.... At least the day isn't lost, tho!

Jul 19, 2009
Have something to add?