• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Venting Frustration: Consulting Mishaps That Lead to Missed Opportunities

In summary, Kristina had a consultant join her in March, but she never did anything and this consultant never bothered to call or email her back. Kristina saw another friend at a party recently and asked her to host a show, but the consultant said she has been bugging her to have a show so she should really do it with her. Kristina just got an email from the consultant that she has an order to submit, but the consultant never bothered to call or email her back. Kristina called and emailed and called and emailed letting the consultant know that she had to submit something by whatever date in order to still be a consultant, but the consultant never bothered to call or email her back. Finally, Kristina heard from
PamperedK
Silver Member
I had a consultant join in March. She never did anything. I booked a show for her at her show with someone who was VERY excited. She never did it and I felt really bad for this lady because she was SO EXCITED to have a party.

Anyway.....I saw another friend of hers at a party recently and asked her to host. She said this consultant has been bugging her to have a show so she should really do it with her. Well this is way past 6 months so she's no longer a consultant.

I just got an email from her that she has an order to submit, and how does she do it?

I called and emailed and called and emailed letting her know that she had to submit something by whatever date in order to still be a consultant and she never bothered to call or email me back or anything.

Ugh.

HOPEFULLY she'll re-sign and actually do something....we'll see.

Just wanted to vent it out a bit. thanks!

HUGS Krista!I had one that was pi$$ed when I called her to tell her she HAD to submit in her 6th month or she would go inactive... blah blah blah... she whined to me how unfair it was that PC wouldn't give her more time. I said, "You need more time? Six months wasn't enough?" {crickets} :yuck:

Yeah so weird.....I don't understand the mentality there. It doesn't take 6 months to round up a show....and if it does, then maybe this isn't for you? OR maybe you should take the training and coaching opportunities presented to you so you know HOW to book a show?? hmmmmm

Amen sister! LOL

Kristina, sadly as other have pointed out, this is not uncommon. I had a consultant that I found out has moved, then split with her husband so I called the last phone number I had for her. No answer, but I left a message that explained her 6 months was almost up and although I understood that now may not be the perfect time, if she contacted me, I would submit a party under her name if she still wanted to do PC. (Yes, I think there is a secret "welcome, please wipe your feet here" sign on my back)

I heard nothing. Then out of the blue, the next month, she e-mailed me and wanted to know what she would have to do to start selling again because she had "a lady" (meaning ONE booking) that wanted to host a party. I wrote back explaining that she would have to at minimum purchase the mini kit. She was disappointed and said she could not afford that but if the lady still wanted to do the party she may think about it. I have corresponded back to her offering to help her find ways to generate more bookings in her area. And as Colleen put it...
crickets.gif
crickets.jpg

Hey, if it's been less than a year she can renew now for $25! Maybe that would be a motivator. LOL

Sheila said:
Hey, if it's been less than a year she can renew now for $25! Maybe that would be a motivator. LOL

We dont' have that program. . .

Yeah, sorry girl. But Ann has it. ;)

Sheila said:
Yeah, sorry girl.

But Ann has it. ;)

you mean this thread ISN'T all about ME??!?!!

:roflmao:

Sheila said:

I thought that promotion ended?

Sheila, thanks! I will refer that on to her. I have already had 2 sign back up under it so that would be an option for her. For some reason, I thought that was just for a limited time and that the time was up.

I e-mailed her so let's see if the crickets come out again!!

Nope. It's ongoing. As long as it's not over a year. So right now, it would be people who dropped Dec 1 2010 or later. Thurs (Dec 1, 2011) will be people who have dropped since Jan 1, 2011 or later. It's a continuing program! :D

PamperedK said:
you mean this thread ISN'T all about ME??!?!!

:roflmao:

Luv ya girl, but nope! This time it wasn't all about you. LOL

Sheila said:
Luv ya girl, but nope! This time it wasn't all about you. LOL

Darn! :roflmao:

Sheila said:
Nope. It's ongoing. As long as it's not over a year. So right now, it would be people who dropped Dec 1 2010 or later. Thurs (Dec 1, 2011) will be people who have dropped since Jan 1, 2011 or later. It's a continuing program! :D

Thanks for the info. Too many things to keep track of.

1. What is the most common consulting mishap that leads to missed opportunities?

The most common consulting mishap that leads to missed opportunities is poor communication. This can include not clearly defining project goals and expectations, not keeping clients updated on progress, and not addressing any concerns or issues that arise in a timely manner.

2. How can poor communication be avoided in a consulting setting?

Poor communication can be avoided by setting clear expectations and goals at the beginning of a project, regularly updating clients on progress, and actively listening to and addressing any concerns or issues that arise. It is also important to establish open and effective channels of communication with clients.

3. What role does time management play in consulting projects?

Time management is crucial in consulting projects as it helps ensure that all tasks and deadlines are met. Poor time management can lead to missed opportunities as projects may not be completed on time or with the desired quality, causing clients to lose trust and potentially seek services from another consultant.

4. How can consultants prevent mishaps from occurring in the first place?

Consultants can prevent mishaps by thoroughly understanding the project and client needs, setting realistic expectations, and regularly communicating with clients. It is also important to have a contingency plan in place and to be proactive in addressing any issues that may arise.

5. What should a consultant do if a missed opportunity has already occurred?

If a missed opportunity has already occurred, a consultant should take responsibility for their actions and communicate openly and honestly with the client. They should also try to understand the root cause of the missed opportunity and take steps to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future. It may also be helpful to offer a solution or compensation to the client, if appropriate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
CoidgigBese
  • chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • byrd1956