• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Freeze up When Making Cc Calls - Help!

In summary,Many consultants have difficulty calling strangers and have trouble getting past the fear. A few tips are to keep a list of topics and to practice beforehand.
Cook Lady
Hi,

I am a fairly new consultant (5 months) and I am just learning about and trying to get around to doing cc calls for my first few shows which were held back in November.

I am OK calling people I know, or talking to people face-to-face, but when it comes to calling strangers, I just freeze up, and hang-up!

Has anyone else had this problem? And how did you get past it?

I have pretty much exhausted my original list of 100 and have no bookings for April so I need to get past this problem somehow.

Thank you

Stick around here for a while, and you'll soon find out that this is something many of us struggle with. There's a phrase my friends and I use when someone needs to just get over it and do something:Just pull up your big gir panties and deal with it!I say that with all of the love and compassion in my heart. Seriously, sometimes it's necessary to just push through the discomfort and do what needs to be done. As much as I like to talk, I still have to make myself pick up the phone for that first call.Best of luck!

Cook Lady said:
I am OK calling people I know, or talking to people face-to-face, but when it comes to calling strangers, I just freeze up, and hang-up!

But they are not strangers. They attended a show held by someone you know, so that makes them 2nd tier friends ;) . And, you are doing them a HUGE favor by making sure all their products were okay and they were happy with them.

The next step after that, after you are comfortable with just that, is to ask if they would like to hear the specials for the next two months. Does one of those sound like it would be perfect in their kitchen? All it takes is a few friends for a fun night with food, and you can receive that for item at 60% off! Doesn't that sound great?

You know, my vet calls after my dog's checkup to make sure he is okay. I do not think he stresses over it...why should we?

Robin

Yep, and the car dealer calls after we've brought our car in for service to make sure we are happy.

Just do it!

priscilla said:
But they are not strangers. They attended a show held by someone you know, so that makes them 2nd tier friends ;) . And, you are doing them a HUGE favor by making sure all their products were okay and they were happy with them.

The next step after that, after you are comfortable with just that, is to ask if they would like to hear the specials for the next two months. Does one of those sound like it would be perfect in their kitchen? All it takes is a few friends for a fun night with food, and you can receive that for item at 60% off! Doesn't that sound great?

You know, my vet calls after my dog's checkup to make sure he is okay. I do not think he stresses over it...why should we?

Robin
I like this approach Robin, thanks for posting! I am having a hard time doing CC calls- I have yet to do a bookings speil! This sounds natural and not pushy!

Hi,

Thank you for all your help.

Robin, I had your message in front of me for encouragement while making my calls and it really helped. I found that several of my customers were surprised that I had called. They didn't expect it. I haven't got any bookings yet, but I will persevere.

Thank you,

I am not sure if this will help you or not, but I feel a lot more comfortable when I know exactly what I want to say. I don't like scripts, but want to remember which topics to cover. I make little bullets to cover on the call so when there is a lull I know where to steer next. For instance it usually looks like this:
*happy with products?
*needs recipes/any questions?
*cross sell upcoming special
*interested in hosting?
*referrals for orders/shows?
*opportunity?

Not all calls go smoothly, but I like to have a checklist so that I can at least hit MOST of the topics if not all. Good luck! They get easier the more you make them!

I will give this a try Gillian. Thanks. I freeze when it comes to picking up the phone also. I love to talk to people when I see them but when it comes to picking up the phone I don't find that easy to do. It took me a long time to post anything on any of the threads on cs but I have finally posted a few things. That is getting easier for me to do so maybe the phone thing will get easier too.

Sandy

gilliandanielle said:
I am not sure if this will help you or not, but I feel a lot more comfortable when I know exactly what I want to say. I don't like scripts, but want to remember which topics to cover. I make little bullets to cover on the call so when there is a lull I know where to steer next. For instance it usually looks like this:
*happy with products?
*needs recipes/any questions?
*cross sell upcoming special
*interested in hosting?
*referrals for orders/shows?
*opportunity?

Not all calls go smoothly, but I like to have a checklist so that I can at least hit MOST of the topics if not all. Good luck! They get easier the more you make them!
How funny Gill, I do the same things, bullet what I want to say rather than have a script infront cause when I read off of them I sound like an automated robot!

Related to I Freeze up When Making Cc Calls - Help!

1. Why do I freeze up when making cold calls?

Freezing up during cold calls is a common issue that many people experience. It could be due to a fear of rejection or lack of confidence in your pitch. It's important to remember that rejection is a normal part of sales and to focus on the value you are providing to the customer.

2. How can I overcome my fear of cold calling?

One way to overcome your fear of cold calling is to practice and prepare beforehand. Write out a script or talking points to follow during the call and practice with a friend or colleague. It's also helpful to remind yourself of the benefits of your product or service and the value it can bring to potential customers.

3. What can I do to improve my cold calling skills?

Improving your cold calling skills takes practice and persistence. Some tips include actively listening to the customer, asking open-ended questions, and focusing on building a relationship rather than making a sale. It's also important to regularly evaluate and adjust your approach based on the responses you receive.

4. How can I make my cold calls more effective?

There are a few ways to make your cold calls more effective. First, research your potential customers beforehand so you can tailor your pitch to their specific needs and interests. You can also try using a referral or introduction from a mutual connection to make the call more personal and increase the chances of a positive response.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when making cold calls?

One common mistake to avoid is talking too much and not actively listening to the customer. It's important to let the customer speak and really understand their needs and concerns. Additionally, avoid being too pushy or aggressive in your pitch as this can turn off potential customers. Lastly, make sure to follow up after the call and stay organized with your prospecting efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefRenee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PChefRenee
  • pameredchef007
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pameredchef007
  • MissChef