• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Improve Your Networking Skills: Tips for Following Up After a Craft Fair

In summary, summarizing the speaker's dilemma, they feel uncomfortable summarizing the content because they are not very good at it. They have a script from their training manual, but do not think it will fit the situation. They say they don't know what to say when they get nervous. They need to get their January booked and they have ran out of friends and family. They tell people they have won a party and explain what that means. If the caller could not do January or February, they offer them a time to call later.
pameredchef007
Gold Member
I recently had a booth at a local craft fair. Of course, I had door prize slips for people to fill out. Do I call the ones who didn't check anything? I'll be honest CC is something that I am not very good at!! When I get nervous, I speak very fast! I do so much better face to face!! I know that our training manual gives us a script, but I don't think that it'll fit. I don't know!!! HELP! I don't know what to say. I need to get my January booked. I have ran out of friends and family!! :confused::eek:

Was your door prize for a free show? If so, what I do is call every single person, no matter even if they checked no, and tell them they have won the drawing for a free show (or do what ever your pocket book allows - but don't forget the groceries & paper items are a write off!). I had a booth last weekend and have made most of my calls doing that and have added eight bookings for January and two for February doing that.If you have to leave a message, identify yourself and say only that they've won your door prize drawings. They will be more likely to call you back to find out what they've won. :)Practice what you are going to say before you call...I promise, it gets easier and easier the more you do it.

This method of getting bookings really works! I had great success this fall with it, which made my Nov. and Dec. sales skyrocket.

Okay!! Like I said I suck at this! So, after I say that they have won then what should I say? Should I go right into picking a date or what?

Yes, tell them they won a free party, which means you'll bring all the ingredients-- they just supply the house and friends. I set a 2 or 3 month deadline in which they had to hold it, which worked very well. I also tried to make sure the "winners" didn't know each other. People, for the most part, were very excited and had some nice shows.

I tell them they've won, explain what that means (I supply ingredients, drinks, plus paper products to serve them and their friends). When I called mine, I was still trying to book January so I would say "And January is a great time to have a show because...(then go into the extra free product value)..." If they couldn't do Janurary, I would tell them that February is also a wonderful time since they can pick any one thing in the whole catalog for 60% off. I don't want to book any further off than that so if they couldn't do Jan. or Feb. then I just set a time to call them later. If they can book a show, I start by asking if they a weekend or a weekday works better, depending on what they say, I ask Sat. morning or afternoon. Tuesday or Thursday (or whatever days you hold your shows). I find it's best to offer them two choices on everything so both of you are not hemming and hawing about which day, what time to start, etc. Then I set a time to either bring them a host packet or get their info to mail one.

You guys are awesome!!! Someday I'll get the CC together. Thank you so much for all your help!!

1. How soon after a craft fair should I follow up with potential customers?

It is recommended to follow up with potential customers within 1-2 days after the craft fair. This allows for enough time for them to process their experience at the fair, but not too much time that they have forgotten about your products.

2. What is the best way to follow up with potential customers after a craft fair?

The best way to follow up with potential customers is through a personalized email or phone call. This shows that you value their interest in your products and allows for a more personal connection.

3. Should I offer any special promotions or discounts when following up with potential customers?

It can be beneficial to offer special promotions or discounts when following up with potential customers. This can entice them to make a purchase and also show your appreciation for their interest in your products.

4. How can I keep track of potential customers and their interests from the craft fair?

One way to keep track of potential customers and their interests is by using a customer relationship management (CRM) system. This allows you to organize and track customer information, as well as follow up with them in a timely manner.

5. Is it necessary to follow up with every potential customer from the craft fair?

While it may not be necessary to follow up with every potential customer, it is recommended to follow up with those who showed genuine interest in your products. This can lead to potential sales and also helps to build a relationship with customers for future business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Leigh0725
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • caraighan