• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Feel Like I'm Stalking My Host ....

In summary, the host does not have a guest list nor does she have any idea what to make for the show. She is very stressed and busy and feels overwhelmed with the choices she has. She suggests to the expert that they either buy the ingredients for her or make her a microwave cake. If the expert cannot make a call, they offer to hand deliver a note to the host.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Sigh ....

I have a show two weeks from today. So far, I do not have a guest list from my host, nor do I have any idea what she wants me to make.

The few times I've talked to her, she has sounded very stressed and busy. She has two active kids who are in sports, and works full-time ... her life sounds really busy.

When I DO reach her ... any suggestions on what to do, before and during the show, to make things easier for her ...

If you haven't already given her a list of recipes to choose from, either tell her what you'll be making or give her only two to choose from. If you've already given her a list of recipes and she doesn't have one chosen, suggest one.It's often difficult to make choices when we have too many options--especially when we're already full of stress.

maybe you could offer to shop for the groceries for her and have her reimburse you. Offer to make her reminder calls if she gives you phone numbers.

I was just going to suggest doing the grocery shopping. Since we are also trying to make this show kind of "express" (but still do a recipe) that will give me a chance to do some prep work.

I'm going to give her a choice of power cooking or a microwave cake, I think.

As for the calls ... I think I will ... even though I normally don't because I don't want to promise something I can't deliver. It is often hard for me to find time to make calls ... and I currently don't have the money to be a Post Calls subscriber.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Sigh ....

I have a show two weeks from today. So far, I do not have a guest list from my host, nor do I have any idea what she wants me to make.

The few times I've talked to her, she has sounded very stressed and busy. She has two active kids who are in sports, and works full-time ... her life sounds really busy.

When I DO reach her ... any suggestions on what to do, before and during the show, to make things easier for her ...

I feel for ya, I have a party this Thursday and can't get a call back and I have been calling her feeling like a stalker. Good Luck :)

You could buy the ingrediants for her and have her pay you back. I do that for my stressed out hosts which I seem to get alot of and they appreciate one less trip to the store.

Well ... grrrrr!

I tried to call again today because her husband previously told me her day off was Tuesday ... and her home phone is "being checked for trouble ..." in other words, in the process of being shut off!

I left her a message on her cel phone indicating that I am willing to do anything I can to make this easy for her and had been brainstorming some ideas ... I hope she calls!

Sometimes with my very busy hosts the best way to get a hold of them is email. They respond when they have time. If this is an option, try that.

She gave me an e-mail address and I did drop her a line ... but I have since lost it.

I talked to my director and she suggested I drop her a note today... note is written and I'll be hand-delivering it to her door on the way in to work. I've saved myself a lot of postage this way ... since I practically drive past her house on the way in.

check your sent mail and find her email address that way

Di_Can_Cook said:
She gave me an e-mail address and I did drop her a line ... but I have since lost it.

I talked to my director and she suggested I drop her a note today... note is written and I'll be hand-delivering it to her door on the way in to work. I've saved myself a lot of postage this way ... since I practically drive past her house on the way in.
I always add my hosts to my newsletter email list and put their email in their host information. That way when HO sends out their order, they get an email notification about it. Try doing that from now on so that you don't loose any more.

I send out weekly postcards about 4 weeks from their shows. I like to know that if they aren't getting my phone calls that at least they know that I'm still planning on doing their show.

I recently had this happen to me. I started calling and emailing the host 2 weeks before the show. She would say she was "busy" to call later. She wound up canceling on me the Monday before the Saturday show. My aunt works with her and said that her coworkers are angry with her for canceling at the last minute.

I hope your situation turns out better than mine. I am leary of hosts who "have no time to talk or email." It only takes a minute!

In the past, I have typed up a quick 'last minute details' letter OR have just left a message saying 'I am calling about your show on (date) at (time). I am SUPER excited about it. I understand you are busy - so I am going to purchase the ingredients for the (recipe) and bring them to you Show. I just need to confirm the last minute details with you. Can you PLEASE give me a call back at (phone number)....'

My D would leave a msg something like this 'I would like to know when it the best time to reach for you for the last minute details of your Show. I am in the office at (date and time) or (date and time), phone me back at that time OR to let me know what is the best time to reach you.'

Just some ideas...

Well, I stopped by Host's home to tape a note to her door ... but seeing an SUV in her driveway, I decided to ring her bell. What do you know? She answered!Anyway ... I told her I would grocery shop for her and she said, "Oh, so that means you'll be picking out the menu?" and looked like the weight of the world was lifted off her shouders! Apparently deciding what to serve made her brain hurt!I think I am going to do the velvet cake with strawberries but just said I'd do "a microwave cake" (not wanting to promise anything until I tried it.)She vowed to e-mail me her guest list and I said that if we got them out within the next few days we should still be OK. She said she plans to hand-deliver most of the invites and I promised to get her stickers to put on her post cards with the time, date and place.Oh, and she just got home from a trip out of state ... so that's why I haven't been able to reach her.I think I am going to put my number and hers on there for RSVPs.

Glad to hear you got a hold of her! If the show is still 2 weeks away, there is still plently of time to mail out the invites.

:D YAHOO! Glad it is working out for you!

Related to I Feel Like I'm Stalking My Host ....

1. How can I avoid feeling like I'm stalking my host?

One way to avoid feeling like you're stalking your host is to set clear boundaries and expectations from the beginning. Let your host know how often you plan on following up and what methods you will use, such as phone calls, emails, or social media.

2. What should I do if my host is not responding to my messages?

If your host is not responding to your messages, try switching up your communication methods. For example, if you've been sending emails, try giving them a call. You can also ask your host if they prefer a different method of communication.

3. How often should I follow up with my host?

The frequency of follow-ups will depend on your host's preferences and your own personal style. However, a good rule of thumb is to follow up once a week leading up to the event, and then once right before the event. After the event, it's best to follow up within a week to thank them for hosting and to check in on their order status.

4. What can I do to make my host feel more comfortable?

To make your host feel more comfortable, be transparent and honest about your intentions. Let them know that you are there to support them and help them have a successful event. You can also offer to answer any questions or concerns they may have about hosting.

5. Is it okay to follow up with my host after the party is over?

Yes, it is okay to follow up with your host after the party is over. In fact, it's a good idea to follow up within a week to thank them for hosting and to check in on their order status. Just be sure to avoid being too pushy or aggressive in your follow-ups.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • texasteacher
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
texasteacher
  • chefjessicah