• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Dropped the Ball and She Called Me on It-Vent Warning!

In summary, the director of a professional consulting company dropped the ball and is now apologizing to her host. She offers to help make the show a success, and if the directorship goes, she will not give up her pC business.
chefmeg
Gold Member
:grumpy: I got a letter today from the host of my show next Saturday. She is cancelling and it is because I didn't do my job. I feel awful-I have all kinds of excuses, but it comes down to the fact that I didn't call when I should have. I am totally depressed right now and am really questioning if I should continue with PC...I have just let the business take a back seat for the last year and have managed to get by only on my "laurels". This host really called me on that and now what?????????? I am in the third month of Director relinquishment and could loose what I have and I guess it comes to do I care enough to do what it is going to take to do this? I have cried all afternoon and everytime I think about quitting I feel a pit in my stomach. I think sometimes I am afraid of the success that I could have if I really applied myself. Actually, I let the fear of failure and success paralyze me.
Do you all have any advice for me other than the obvious? HELP! I am just really down on myself and need someone to light that fire under my butt that I had as a new consultant!

Hi,
I'm just starting out but I have felt some of the same feelings you describe (dropping the ball, afraid of success). I don't think you should give up after so many years over your dropping the ball this one time. We learn from our mistakes, we dust ourselves off---and we get right back up! I usually write all the terrible things I think about myself on paper. Then I write the apology. After that -- you can tear it up or whatever. But you gotta be done with it and MOVE ON! Remember why you love being a consultant. If you don't save your directorship, you still shouldn't give up PC. Figure out how to make the business work for you where you are at now. If you can't give it your all--figure out how you can still work it anyway.Okay, that's enough from me right now. Remember in the paraphrased words of the drama queen of the South: Tomorrow is another day!!

Weird....I have been following this thread and now all the posts except the original one and ONE other are gone!?!?

Yes, what happened. .. . I was reading and posting to it too?!?!

It looks to me like the reply is more recent than some of the others that we posted earlier

The original post was posted twice. This is the second one and not where we posted our replies.

ETA: I just posted on the other one so it should show up in your new posts now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chef meg,Do you want to stay a Director? Then do something about it!! I'm going to "light the fire under your butt" as you asked for. Sure, this host was upset. She should be. We are here to be a partner with our hosts. Great shows come from this partnership. Wouldn't you want to know that a consultant was ready and prepared for your show? Personally call the host and offer your sincere apologies. But, apologies without an action can seem empty. Ask her what you can do to help make her show a success. It's not too late! I would offer to personally call and invite each of her guests. Let your host know that you value your relationship.If you really want to keep your directorship, you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself. Start implementing the 3-2-1 and make those 3 contacts a day, your upcoming hosts. You can do it!! You made directorship for a reason. You had a commitment to yourself. Put a note on your mirror where you will see it each day. 3-2-1 Director Meg to remind yourself that you will continue to thrive in your business.

WHEW! Butt is fired, Julie! At church today, I realized I want so much more out of this business than I have been ready to work for, so it is up to me to do what it takes with this gift God has given me. I'm not really sure how I am going to handle this host yet, but I am getting on the phone TODAY to everyone I can think of to ask for help!
If, and I say if, my directorship goes, I will not give up my pC business....just love it too much for that.
Thanks for the words of encouragement and the FIRE!!!!!!!

Chefmeg,You go girl! I knew you could do it. And remember, God helps those who help themselves. It sounds like you already knew this. Let us know how your week goes. Give yourself a goal of 3 contacts a day. You soon will have a calendar full.

lockhartkitchen said:
Chefmeg,

You go girl! I knew you could do it. And remember, God helps those who help themselves. It sounds like you already knew this. Let us know how your week goes. Give yourself a goal of 3 contacts a day. You soon will have a calendar full.
I agree with everything you said. I lost my Directorship early this year and I got it back in May. I was DETERMINED and on a mission to do it. Chefmeg sounds fired up again and that's very important. As far as the host I would apologize and offer a nice gift, be honest and admit where you went wrong and how you were seriously doubting if you had what it takes for this business and then decided YOU DO! If she is humble she will accept, give her credit for the wake up call.

Update:I called every close friend I have and asked them to help me by selling 10 cookbooks to 10 people-this way we have a $1000 show and we can do a drawing to split the benefits. I got 3 yeses and had to leave messages for the rest!This takes some pressure off of my already struggling team!

I asked a friend of mine that went inactive a few months ago to reactivate-she said YES! She knows this is a HUGE favor to me and I know this will only buy me some time, but it gets the numbers back up!

I have a few leads from the last few shows I did that I am planning to call throughout the day today and tomorrow.

My cluster meeting is tonight (I do this meeting with my Director and 2 others) and since only one of my team members is going, I plan to treat this as my own training meeting-I will do what has been asked of me, but I intend to listen more as a consultant than participate as a director.

Also, our ED came to visit a few months ago and talked to us about the "seasons" of our businesses. My season is as Super Starter! I am getting the Welcome book out and starting from scratch!

Thank you to everyone-you all have been very supportive and helpful-I even got pm's from some of you!!! THANK YOU:love:

chefmeg said:
I called every close friend I have and asked them to help me by selling 10 cookbooks to 10 people-this way we have a $1000 show and we can do a drawing to split the benefits. I got 3 yeses and had to leave messages for the rest!This takes some pressure off of my already struggling team!

I like this idea. I should try this.

chefmeg said:
I called every close friend I have and asked them to help me by selling 10 cookbooks to 10 people-this way we have a $1000 show and we can do a drawing to split the benefits. I got 3 yeses and had to leave messages for the rest!This takes some pressure off of my already struggling team!

I asked a friend of mine that went inactive a few months ago to reactivate-she said YES! She knows this is a HUGE favor to me and I know this will only buy me some time, but it gets the numbers back up!

I have a few leads from the last few shows I did that I am planning to call throughout the day today and tomorrow.

My cluster meeting is tonight (I do this meeting with my Director and 2 others) and since only one of my team members is going, I plan to treat this as my own training meeting-I will do what has been asked of me, but I intend to listen more as a consultant than participate as a director.

Also, our ED came to visit a few months ago and talked to us about the "seasons" of our businesses. My season is as Super Starter! I am getting the Welcome book out and starting from scratch!

Thank you to everyone-you all have been very supportive and helpful-I even got pm's from some of you!!! THANK YOU:love:

When you get a moment, could you share the season's? It sounds very interesting. I know you are busy now with what you are going through, so just when you have a second. Thanks!

Good job Meg! I'm so excited to hear your success is coming. You have really stepped up. Great work!!

I got this at my cluster meeting last night-it is going to really help with those phone calls! I hope it can help some of you too!

Way to go, Meg!! Go get 'em!!! :)

chefmeg said:
I got this at my cluster meeting last night-it is going to really help with those phone calls! I hope it can help some of you too!

Sorry, I must be losing it! I can't find it. Did you post it?

You have one more RESPONSIBILITY...To YOURSELF to take care of. You HAVE TO CALL that host.
Whether she says yes, no or "Bite me!" You have to at least appologize and offer to make good on the show. If you don't you will always wonder "What if I had called?"
The only way you will ever let it go is to try make it right.
Good luck to you and Congrats what you have done so far!
Now, bite the bullet and call her!!

pampered1224 said:
To YOURSELF to take care of. You HAVE TO CALL that host.
Whether she says yes, no or "Bite me!" You have to at least appologize and offer to make good on the show. If you don't you will always wonder "What if I had called?"
The only way you will ever let it go is to try make it right.
Good luck to you and Congrats what you have done so far!
Now, bite the bullet and call her!!

Good advice John! Smart man!

WOW! I haven't been on for a couple of days, so I just came across this great thread.
You know what? I just finished reading all of the posts on here, and I can't help but think....this is what Chef Success is all about! Being a safe "haven", for Consultants to vent, cry, ask for help, to rejoice, to train, and feel part of something bigger, something special! I am, yet again, so very proud to call myself a member of the Pampered Chef "family"!!

Way to go, EVERYONE!!

Paula

P.S. So, to be "back on topic".....Meg, did you call that host yet? Believe me, I feel your pain, but John is absolutely right! You won't be able to get past this until you face it head-on!! I wish you all the best!!!!

Paula R. Lewis said:
WOW! I haven't been on for a couple of days, so I just came across this great thread.
You know what? I just finished reading all of the posts on here, and I can't help but think....this is what Chef Success is all about! Being a safe "haven", for Consultants to vent, cry, ask for help, to rejoice, to train, and feel part of something bigger, something special! I am, yet again, so very proud to call myself a member of the Pampered Chef "family"!!

Way to go, EVERYONE!!

Paula

P.S. So, to be "back on topic".....Meg, did you call that host yet? Believe me, I feel your pain, but John is absolutely right! You won't be able to get past this until you face it head-on!! I wish you all the best!!!!

Very well said, Paula! I totally second that!! :D This site is definitely something we need to add to our list of things to tell our new recruits.....which I will do when I get some! LOL

MF -- glad to see you're feeling a little more optimistic. I've been off here for a couple of days, too, or I would have PM you to give you an Island-style pep talk:) I know you're going to have a great fall.

I went through this ChefMeg. I even stopped being a director but I did not stop PC! I had a very high maintenance child on top of it all!
I am now pushing myself again and I will be a director again soon! When I stopped being a director it was the best for me at the time and my senior director helped me realize that I still loved PC, and convinced me to go back to why I started PC. She helped me find my love again and I have just sold for the fun of selling for the last 3 1/2 years! Now, I'm ready to step it up again and I have the time, effort and attention to give my business!
Plus I know this is where God wants me!:balloon:
I'm proud of your re-dedication! Good luck and have faith, as long as you apply yourself, God will bless you and keep you and your business safe!!:D

It totally stinks when we get called on the carpet, doesn't it? I'm happy to hear that you did get back on the phone and it did make a difference. But you do need to call that host and offer your sincere apologies and tell her that you want to thank her for writing you the letter and letting you know where you failed her. That will be the "ouch" part. But also let her know that you don't intend to ever let this happen to another host because you don't want anyone else to feel the way she has felt. Of course use your own words, but I've found that re-emphasizing your failures that someone points out to you not only lets them know that you really heard them and took it to heart, but that you do appreciate their honesty - even if it hurts. I bet that if you were to call her back in a month and let her know how your mistake in letting her down has turned out (meaning all of your shows, sales and leads that you'll get) that she will be happy for you and will most likely give you another chance!! Keep us posted and best of luck!

Way to get back on board Meg!!! Best of luck :thumbup:

I called my host last night-no answer and I left a message telling her how sorry I was and that it was totally my fault and that I hoped she would choose to work with me in the future, but would understand if she didn't. I also told her I would try to call back so that we could talk in person rather than listening to what I had to say on an answering machine!

sfdavis918 said:
When you get a moment, could you share the season's? It sounds very interesting. I know you are busy now with what you are going through, so just when you have a second. Thanks!

As I wait for the DH to get home, I will let you know about the "seasons" in ones business life:

when we start,we are like new SPRING chicks-all is exciting and it is easy for us to ask for shows and recruits because of this excitement

we then head into SUMMER, when we are HOT & ON FIRE! we have seen the potential and are headed for it no matter what

then FALL comes along and we start dropping our leaves (our business habits) like a shedding tree

WINTER is next and we are DRY and BRITTLE. this is a direct result of the fall where we stopped doing what we knew worked and looked for an easier way to not work so much/hard and still have the same results!

The seasons will come and go over time, but mostly we want to stay in spring and summer and forget how "cool" we think fall is!

I hope you all enjoy this as much as I have-it has really helped me to see that I have to go back to the basics, no matter that I have done this 7 years and I thought I knew better ways! I am now a SUPER STARTER SPRING CHICK!:balloon:

I love that Meg!! Fall is my favourite season, but I guess Spring and Summer have to be when it comes to my business!!! Thanks for that....it's very inspiring! :)

Don't Tive UPChef Meg,

Whatever you do don't give up. You have worked too hard to lose what you have built up. Sometimes we are all a little afraid of success. My suggestion to you is to read some books by Napoleon Hill - Like "Think and Grow Rich". In these books he describes how some people give up just before success comes to them and usually an adverse situation is the seed for success. I would just apologize to the host and tell her you have have been going through some difficult times right now and move on and not dwell on it. If you feel it can help offer to do a show for her in the future and offer her some incentive. People love freebies.:love:

Way to go girl!Now the hard part is actually over. Let us all know if she responds.
You know why you had to do that right? For two reasons, there is always the "what if I had called" thing but there is something more important here. It's your own self respect! I go this from a friend and I want to share it with you, "You may never know what results come from your action... but if you do nothing, there will be no result. Mahatma Gandhi"
You never know until you try to square it with her but you automatically save face and your self resepct by at least trying!

So here is the BIG HUG you deserve for taking your business and yourself seriously enough to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! :thumbup: :love: :D :rolleyes: :angel:

1. Why didn't you call when you were supposed to?

As a scientist, it is important to always follow through on your commitments and responsibilities. It is likely that you got caught up in other tasks or lost track of time, but it is important to learn from this mistake and prioritize your tasks better in the future.

2. How do you feel about the host canceling your show?

I understand that this can be a disappointing and frustrating experience. However, it is important to take responsibility for your actions and use this as a learning opportunity for future interactions with hosts and clients.

3. Should you continue with PC after this experience?

That is ultimately a decision you will have to make for yourself. It is important to evaluate your goals and priorities and determine if this business is still a good fit for you. Remember, it is never too late to make a change or start fresh with a new approach.

4. What do you think is holding you back from fully committing to your business?

Fear of failure and success can be powerful deterrents, but it is important to recognize that these are common feelings and not unique to you. It may be helpful to seek support from your team or a mentor to work through these fears and develop a plan for moving forward.

5. Can you offer any advice for someone in a similar situation?

Remember that mistakes happen and it is important to be kind to yourself and learn from them. Take time to reflect on your goals and priorities, and don't be afraid to seek support and guidance from your team or mentors. It is never too late to turn things around and make a fresh start.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies