• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wow, Someone Dropped the Ball....

In summary, the speaker shares the story of a missed bridal shower due to the consultant forgetting about the event and leaving town. The speaker, who is a consultant, was unable to step in as they were starting their own show at the time. The bride and her family were able to pick out products from catalogs with a family member, but the consultant's absence has left a negative impression on the guests. The speaker also wonders if something major happened in the consultant's life to cause the forgetfulness.
lacychef
I had the craziest call yesterday....
My mom called me right when I was starting my show, because a friend of my aunt was trying to get ahold of me. Apparently, the friend & her sil had booked a PC bridal shower that was going to be held yesterday. Well, the consultant apparently FORGOT, & left town for the weekend. (this is in a town about 2 hours away from me & I've done shows up there before for my aunt & her friends) They were so frazzled, but hoped that I could send some catalogs up there with a family member who lives here, and then they could at least pick out what they wanted to order & do a book party with me. Unfortunately, since I was just starting my show when I found out, I couldn't get them to the relative in time. Hopefully I'll get in touch with my aunt's friend today; I think she still wants to work out a book party bridal show.
Crazy, huh? I just can't imagine forgetting a show; especially a bridal!
To top it off, the bride is actually someone I went to school with. (my aunt's friend is the bride's stepmom) (my aunt said they should have just booked with me from the beginning, LOL! But she thinks that her friend's sil booked the show) Hopefully that all made sense!
Sorry this got so long, I'm still just so baffled...:confused:

That is baffling! The consultant left town? Was there an emergency or something? I can't imagine forgetting something like that.

All of those people there for a Bridal Shower - and the consultant just doesn't show up. I feel bad for the bride.

I'm also wondering what all of those people are thinking about PC right about now too - good thing you are in the picture too Lacy!

I know....I'm still so baffled about it---that's just the word I've been using. I don't know who the consultant was. It's just crazy; I do way more planning for a bridal show than a regular one, so I just can't imagine forgetting...

Yikes!! I hate hearing these stories. Really makes us look bad. I gained a new set of customers from a couple of consultants who dropped the ball in the past year, too. I'm glad I'm the one the people thought of when they wanted a new consultant, but I can't believe people would just up and forget about an opportunity to make money!!! Definitely baffling!!

lacychef said:
I know....I'm still so baffled about it---that's just the word I've been using. I don't know who the consultant was. It's just crazy; I do way more planning for a bridal show than a regular one, so I just can't imagine forgetting...

I guess that is what I was thinking too - a Bridal Shower is extra work - getting the brides wish list together, etc.....and it involves (at least for me!) more than normal contact with the host. There must have been discussions about demo, and menu, and guests....

I just keep shaking my head.:confused:

Even though she's 2 hours away, do you think you could do an actual bridal show with the group? I dunno, I think I would have to have something EXTREMELY major going on to forget about a BRIDAL SHOW! I've only had a few, but the few I've had have not only been very successful, but have been a lot of prep work! I know this will work out for the best for you; I just feel sorry for the bride...

WOW! This amazes me...when was the last contact with the SIL? I mean, did she forget something she had just remembered 2 days ago?? Or had she not been in contact recently? This is so crazy, and it does stink, I think it is hard to convince people to do the bridal shows, this is probably a reason why!

Because I like to try to think the best of everyone, I wonder if something major happened in the consultant's life. I mean, I'd hate for her (or him) to have been in an accident or have taken a loved one to the hospital. Those things could have happened, though. I like to think that I'd remember to at least call the host, but you never know.I'm just glad that you were able to step in and save the day for them, Lacy. They're blessed to have you. And, so are we. :)

You're too sweet Rae!

I finally talked to the step mom yesterday (my aunt's friend). Apparently, her sil booked with this other gal (coinsidently has the same name as me!), and waited until the morning of the shower to call the consultant to confirm what time she'd be there. The consultant claimed they never confirmed the date; plus apparently she's pretty new & doesn't really know about the bridal shows. So, she was out of town for the weekend. (the sil says that she did confirm) So, there was no planning, no bride wish list, etc....& the sil was waiting till the last minute to tell the stepmom cause she knew she'd be upset. When they found out they couldn't get ahold of me for a couple hours, since I was at a show; they did end up finding someone there that gave them some books.
I would have gladly gone up & done the show, or at least gotten them books. The stepmom said she wanted to book with me from the beginning, but the sil was in charge. She said it ended up being a really good show order-wise. She said she knows who to call in the future, lol. So, I was kinda bummed that I didn't end up with the orders (could have used them!), but happy that it wasn't a complete bust for the bride.

What a gracious way to look at it, Lacy. I wouldn't be surprised if you wind up with a customer or two out of the situation.

Related to Wow, Someone Dropped the Ball....

1. What is "Wow, Someone Dropped the Ball..."?

"Wow, Someone Dropped the Ball..." is a fun and interactive game that is perfect for parties, team-building events, or just a night in with friends. It involves passing around a ball and answering questions from different categories.

2. How many players can participate in the game?

The game can accommodate 2 to 8 players, making it a great choice for both small and large groups.

3. What are the categories included in the game?

The categories in "Wow, Someone Dropped the Ball..." include pop culture, history, sports, entertainment, and geography. This ensures that there is something for everyone to enjoy and keeps the game interesting.

4. Is the game suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Wow, Someone Dropped the Ball..." is appropriate for players of all ages. However, some of the questions may be more challenging for younger players, so it is recommended for ages 12 and up.

5. Can I purchase the game directly from Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can purchase "Wow, Someone Dropped the Ball..." directly from Pampered Chef's website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find it in select retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• abell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
abell
  • cheftracyp
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MHouting