• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"I Don't Have Time to Make Calls!"

In summary, the author called 7 people from her recent first day at the fair and talked to two live people.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Please help me kill my excuses!

I have a demanding job that is sometimes second-shift, rarely first shift. This week, it's second shift every day, and next week looks no better. (I have recently been informed that a collegue, who had a diverse territory, has been laid off and a large part of HIS job is MY job! Oh ... and I have a special project due next week.

With all that going on ... it is very hard for me to carve out time in the evening, when most people are home (or at least that is my theory.) Then again ... when I am working first shift I find myself leaving voice mails and never reaching anybody.

Any tips on when to call? Is daytime OK for people?

I have a stack of FAIR LEADS with more coming ... and I am worried I won't have time for the follow-up!

Put on your Nike shoes and "Just Do It"Take your phone list with you where you go. You don't have to make 10 calls at a time, make 1 if you can.I mix them in with other things. Waiting in a bank line - drive-thru - make a call...things like that.Times to call - depends on the person...you have to just try.The only thing stopping you is YOU!

Remember that the best time to make calls is when you can make them. Less than 30% of the workforce works what we think of as first shift. (Heard that statistic on the radio the other day.) Like Janet said, make as many calls as you can whenever you can. I don't know what your work schedule is like. If you get a break, can you make a couple of calls then?

Great advice you got from Janet and Rae. When you have a couple minutes, make a call. The more you make, the easier it gets. I am finally at a point where I have stopped making excuses and I update my call list on a daily basis and I make those calls. Not to say that you are trying to avoid the phone or are making excuses.

I know all about not having the time. If you have a cell phone, you could make a call or two from your driveway before you head into your house, or do the same before heading into work. The trick is to find those little pockets of time and make the best of them. You'll be amazed at how many calls you do fit into your day! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :)

I'm still in my family/friends circle, so it seems I can't make a short call. Every single person I call is 30 minutes plus! It's all good tho', I can say that this business which is 22 days along has reconnected me to some old friends and that is priceless, no matter what else happens.

I have this problem. I started the "I have three kids, what are phone calls?" When ever we have a quiet min. I will sneak into the bathroom, the only door with a lock on it, and make a call or two. Usually however many I can make befor there is a knock at the door or a crash. I started this yesterday and got three shows on my calander!
I went to that meeting with Don Funt Monday and he said "If you are working 3hrs a week how can you expect a 40hr. paycheck?" That was a kick in the pants for me!

Just do it girls!

Last edited:
I get easily sidetracked when I am trying to work on my PC. My kids are 18 and 21 at home not even little, but they take up a great deal of time still.

My youngest has not been feeling well and still wants to be babied when she doesn't feel good. I does make your heart feel good after watching her graduate High School, and she still wants her Mom when she doesn't feel good.

Work smart. Power hours can be done in 4 - 15 minute periods. But, you may not even have 15 minutes at a time. Just keep contact info with you at all times and make calls when you have a free moment. Try people at all times of the day. Don't listen to your excuses. Stop yourself when you're making them. We all go through it.

Well, I did it ....I called 7 people today .... all the people from my recent first day at the fair. (Except for 2 that I called before ... one was sick, the other had a death in her family.)Talked to two live people .... one is on disability and doesn't want a show but does like the products ... I offered to send her a mini cat and specials. The other wants to have a show but not until later this fall ... also offered to send a mini and specials.Also touched base in person with a live host.That's my 3 for today!

Good job, Di!

buckeyefan08 said:
I have this problem. I started the "I have three kids, what are phone calls?" When ever we have a quiet min. I will sneak into the bathroom, the only door with a lock on it, and make a call or two. Usually however many I can make befor there is a knock at the door or a crash. I started this yesterday and got three shows on my calander!
I went to that meeting with Don Funt Monday and he said "If you are working 3hrs a week how can you expect a 40hr. paycheck?" That was a kick in the pants for me!

Just do it girls!

Good job! :) It's easy to make excuses when you have kids (and spouses too!) who are pulling you in 20 different directions! Good for you for taking that step and making those calls! :)

You kids are really cute BTW! :D

Di_Can_Cook said:
Well, I did it ....

I called 7 people today .... all the people from my recent first day at the fair. (Except for 2 that I called before ... one was sick, the other had a death in her family.)

Talked to two live people .... one is on disability and doesn't want a show but does like the products ... I offered to send her a mini cat and specials. The other wants to have a show but not until later this fall ... also offered to send a mini and specials.

Also touched base in person with a live host.

That's my 3 for today!

WOO HOO!!! Good for you, Di! Keep it up. Once you get the momentum going, there'll be no stopping you! :D

PChefPEI said:
Good job! :) It's easy to make excuses when you have kids (and spouses too!) who are pulling you in 20 different directions! Good for you for taking that step and making those calls! :)

You kids are really cute BTW! :D

Thank you!

Related to "I Don't Have Time to Make Calls!"

What is "I Don't Have Time to Make Calls!"?

"I Don't Have Time to Make Calls!" is a popular product from Pampered Chef that helps busy individuals save time and effort by simplifying the process of making phone calls.

How does "I Don't Have Time to Make Calls!" work?

This product features a pre-programmed list of commonly used phone numbers, allowing users to easily make calls with just a push of a button. It also has a built-in speaker and microphone for hands-free calling.

What are the benefits of using "I Don't Have Time to Make Calls!"?

By using this product, you can save time and avoid the hassle of searching for phone numbers and manually dialing them. It also allows for safer and more convenient hands-free calling while on the go.

Can "I Don't Have Time to Make Calls!" be used with any phone?

Yes, this product is compatible with most phones, including landlines and smartphones. It also has a universal design that can fit any hand size.

Is "I Don't Have Time to Make Calls!" easy to set up and use?

Yes, this product is very user-friendly and requires no special skills or technical knowledge to set up and use. Simply follow the instructions provided and you'll be making calls in no time!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
dymplz8
  • pampermejolene
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies