• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Sell Insurance and Pampered Chef at the Same Time?

In the past, I have done outside sales for my own company (not as part of my job), and never had a problem. I think it depends on the company and their policies.
pckelly
I just started working a full time job with Liberty National Life Insurance Company. Been training for 3 weeks and paid for my temporary license. Well today my manager tells me I can't do Pampered Chef at the same time I am with them. It came up for some reason during training today, I forgot why. He said something about "if I work for liberty national as an agent, I am devoting myself to a full time position with them and can not have another job". I told him PC was a home business, and I decide when I do my business. I told him in my interview I did PC, and he said he guessed he just didn't understand what it was, thought it was a job I was working and assumed I would stop once I got hired there. Does that sound right? Does anyone else sell insurance as a full time job??

I am a registered rep with the NASD and I work for a mutual fund company. In the past I have worked for NASD wirehouses and independent broker/dealers, and I have always gotten compliance permission to conduct an "outside business." I've always been upfront about it and disclose the nature of the business and the time/place that business is conducted, which is out of the office on my own time. Most of the time, they are happy to hear I have sales experience in another arena. Perhaps you can put a spin on that to encourage them to approve your outside business.

Unless your company has a specific policy on ANY outside business... like if you wanted to work retail for the holidays or something like that....

I think it has something to do with the license? I had a potential recruit that was with Primerica and she told me that she couldn't do PC and represent them at the same time or it would void her licensing. Not sure why but that's what she told me.

Some companies are just sticklers for "no outside job/business activity", too. A clustermate had a gal on her team who never did anything because she found out that her employer could fire her if they discovered she did anything on the side, even if it wasn't related.

I also work forA NASD company, and I am registered. You will need to talk with the compliance department, but as long as you disclose the information, so they can attach that to your record, there should be no problem.

Related to Can I Sell Insurance and Pampered Chef at the Same Time?

What is insurance sales?

Insurance sales is the process of selling insurance policies to individuals or businesses. These policies provide financial protection against potential risks and losses.

What are the responsibilities of an insurance salesperson?

The main responsibilities of an insurance salesperson include identifying potential clients, explaining different insurance options, determining their insurance needs, and selling insurance policies that meet those needs. They also handle policy renewals and provide customer service and support.

What skills are required for a successful insurance sales career?

A successful insurance sales career requires strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to build and maintain relationships, strong sales and negotiation skills, and a good understanding of insurance policies and products. Time management, organization, and problem-solving skills are also important.

Is it necessary to have a background in insurance to work in insurance sales?

No, it is not necessary to have a background in insurance to work in insurance sales. Many insurance companies provide training programs for new hires to learn about their products and the industry. However, having some knowledge or experience in sales and customer service can be beneficial.

What is the earning potential in insurance sales?

The earning potential in insurance sales can vary depending on factors such as the type of insurance being sold, the commission structure, and the salesperson's performance. On average, insurance salespeople earn a base salary plus commission, with the potential to earn a six-figure income with experience and success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kari L Ferrell
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • Intrepid_Chef