• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Can't Believe It's Still in the Catalog!

In summary, the new catalog has some items that are still in there that you would never miss. The drainer is one of my best sellers and I've also sold the dessert plates and pie crust shield recently.
I love the dessert plates and actually sell alot of them
i would be happy to "Bless & Release"
all the woven pieces
all the SA pieces
the basting bottle
the new colander and bowls
mini whipper
cut n seal
stainless cleaner (much prefer liquid bar keepers friend)
hold n sliceI guess after 14 years I'd really like to see us get something new and different.
we move our 2 sons to college tomorrow and they are picking and choosing what they want to take they remember some of the things from way back and can't believe we still sell them either.

Teresa Lynn said:
all the woven pieces
all the SA pieces

the basting bottle
mini whipper
cut n seal
hold n slice

I guess after 14 years I'd really like to see us get something new and different.
we move our 2 sons to college tomorrow and they are picking and choosing what they want to take they remember some of the things from way back and can't believe we still sell them either.

Oh goodness Teresa NO!!! These are some of my faves. I use them daily:)
It is funny how we all like and dislike different things in our line-up.

Teresa Lynn said:
all the woven pieces
all the SA pieces
the basting bottle
mini whipper
cut n seal
hold n slice

I guess after 14 years I'd really like to see us get something new and different.

I would have NEVER bought (and never did buy) the woven pieces as a guest. I had never seen them. Then, as a a consultant, I decided to get the Round one for shows to set the large round stone on something to serve at the show.

I was SHOCKED at how nice these are. I now have 2 rectangle (one on my table (holds the new grinders), the round one and the large square one. I now LOVE them!

kam said:
I would have NEVER bought (and never did buy) the woven pieces as a guest. I had never seen them. Then, as a a consultant, I decided to get the Round one for shows to set the large round stone on something to serve at the show.

I was SHOCKED at how nice these are. I now have 2 rectangle (one on my table (holds the new grinders), the round one and the large square one. I now LOVE them!

I have 2 of each!!!! I'm bad I know:blushing::):blushing:

I have everyone use the suds pump and and sell tons of the pie crust shields.

I personally do not like the dots!! Nor do my customers around here. Well I have TONS that like them, but not enough to buy them. Mostly it is the teenage and early 20's girls that REALLY want them. But I haven't sold ANY!!!! I LOVE the Cranberry accent peices though. LOVE LOVE LOVE them, and I LOVED the stripes. I would like to see the Cranberry accent peices to have a ivory or cream color to them, just to make them more "country". But that is just me. I still love them the way they are. I miss the stripes...oh how I miss the stripes.
I love my Woven Traditions too. LOVE them, I don't sell a ton, but I love them all of the same!!

I could do without...
-Creative Cutters
-Drainer
-Corer
-Corn Cob Nobs
-Dessert Plates

elizabethfox said:
I could do without...
-Creative Cutters
-Drainer
-Corer
-Corn Cob Nobs
-Dessert Plates
I was so excited to get these - and I melted them on the grill the first time I used them!:eek::cry:

I still have a couple pair that are intact, but DS prefers the little ones that are shaped like corn, so those are what we use!

Creative Cutters are great for playdough! That's what we use them for anyway.:eek::rolleyes:

elizabethfox said:
I could do without...
-Creative Cutters
-Drainer
-Corer
-Corn Cob Nobs
-Dessert Plates

I love the corer when I saw it in the catalog I wanted to buy it and my DH said no way we are spending the money. I was so excited when I got it in my kit

MissChef said:
Still love the suds pump too, I sell a lot because I tell the story of how I used it for my DD's baby bath when she was a baby, and stretched a bottle of baby bath out for a year!
This is a real cute idea; never thought of it. :thumbup: You didn't have trouble w/it clogging up? I've had that sometimes but, run it through the dishwasher and it works better.

ChefBeckyD said:
I was so excited to get these - and I melted them on the grill the first time I used them!:eek::cry:

I still have a couple pair that are intact, but DS prefers the little ones that are shaped like corn, so those are what we use!

Creative Cutters are great for playdough! That's what we use them for anyway.:eek::rolleyes:

That's about the only thing mine get used for. :thumbup:

:yuck: I have a sick baby so I am up browsing chef success, trying to stay awake! :indif:

I would love to see the outdoor party wear gone. Yep I hate it!! Ha ha. Also I agree with the creative cutters, I ended up hating the decorative bottle set, I mean they are cute and great for kids to play with but not a tool for some serious baking and decorating, which we do at my house!

I LOVE THE WOVEN PIECES!! I would collect 100,000 signatures on a petition to keep them! Well maybe like 1,000 because I don't have the time to find that many people but you get what I am saying.

Deliriousness is kicking in. Is that a word??? Oh, oh I am talking to myself on a thread! :eek: :rolleyes:

Ok Ok back to this thread, I would also like to see the dessert plates go, corn cob nobs, hold n slice, corn butterer and ice cream sandwich maker (hate it). I do love the mini whippers and sell tons of them because I package them as great inexpensive gifts for anyone in a cellophane bag, with packages of coffee, tea and hot chocolate! I am a gift giving freak, so everyone takes my advice seriously.

Debbie :chef:

rennea said:
Let's see...

Cutting board with measure cups
Salad chopper
Apple peeler/corer/slicer
Napkin Rings
Pie crust shield

I love my Salad chopper and I sell those all the time especially at vendor fairs I always bring the chopper with me and it is a conversation starter - but I call them the "Alien Scissors" and now my customers refer it as that name as well!

Jillybill said:
I loved my friends' easy accent decorator, but I don't really ice things that often.

UMMMMMMMMM the EAD is used for other things than "icing" ;)

I use mine to put sour cream on tacos and other Mexican food uses...

Now the sour cream doesn't stick to my spoon nor does the sour cream get mixed into the salsa jar because we don't use a spoon for the sour cream and any left over sour cream goes right back into the plastic container and back into the fridge

I don't think we would eat tacos 4 times a week without it! :chef:

Plus I use it to put cool whip on top of pies during the winter months - yes you can use a "spoon" but then it will stick to the spoon as well and then you have to use another "spoon" to get it off or use your finger - yuck!

and any left over cool whip goes right back into the plastic tub and put back in to the fridge or freezer for future use.

:cool:

allisonserna said:
UMMMMMMMMM the EAD is used for other things than "icing" ;)

I use mine to put sour cream on tacos and other Mexican food uses...

Now the sour cream doesn't stick to my spoon nor does the sour cream get mixed into the salsa jar because we don't use a spoon for the sour cream and any left over sour cream goes right back into the plastic container and back into the fridge

I don't think we would eat tacos 4 times a week without it! :chef:

Plus I use it to put cool whip on top of pies during the winter months - yes you can use a "spoon" but then it will stick to the spoon as well and then you have to use another "spoon" to get it off or use your finger - yuck!

and any left over cool whip goes right back into the plastic tub and put back in to the fridge or freezer for future use.

:cool:

See, I would never use it for any of that stuff. I am just a spoon and finger kinda gal. Maybe for the sour cream I MIGHT bust out the adjustable measuring spoon... I'm really not squeamish about using my finger/mixing the sour cream and salsa. So for me it'd be all about icing, I'm afraid. The cool whip thing you mentioned does sound neat, but again, I almost never bake pies/treats.

I wouldn't miss
- outdoor plates, utensils, caddy, party sticks
- julienne peeler
- pinch bowls
- herb keeper
- juicer
- coating trays & tool
- gravy separator
- nylon tools
- cutting board with cups
- wine opener
- new beaded servers
- drink charms
- square napkin rings, placemats & napkins
- striped kitchen towels, although I like the previous season kitchen towels

thecougchef said:
and wait. :eek: we have a gravy seperator? haha.
i thought you just bought gravy from a can at the store? :eek::blushing:
hm. that one could go for me. because ive never even noticed it.

Hahaha I am the same way yup gravy from the can . . .when I was younger my mother ALWAYS made homemade gravy. . . .:yuck:yuck I always hated it! So yup I am a canned gravy girl all the way.

As for me I LOVE:sing:the pie shields b/c I can't tell you how much of a pain in the a** it is to try to put the foil around the pie.

But yes I agree I could go without the herb keeper and I have never really been a big fan of the spritzer the first one I had I threw away cause it got so sticky I always tried washing it and no matter what I did it was always sticky.

Teresa Lynn said:
all the woven pieces
all the SA pieces
the basting bottle
mini whipper
cut n seal
hold n slice

The Cut n Seal... my daughter will only eat "circle PBJ sandwiches" we use that everyday.

Everything else you mentioned can go.

kspry said:
I wouldn't miss
- julienne peeler
- pinch bowls
- herb keeper
- juicer
- coating trays & tool
- gravy separator
- nylon tools
- wine opener
- new beaded servers
- drink charms

I agree the pinch bowls are redundant - already have the prep bowls...and the pinch bowls are not as sturdy or useful.

The coating trays are another thing I forget we even sell! Mine have never been used. I use paper plates for coating, then when I'm done, I just throw them away! They work great!

If I need something deeper for chocolate dipping - I use the micro cooker...and still use a paper plate for rolling.

pampered.chris said:
I personally do not like the dots!! Nor do my customers around here. Well I have TONS that like them, but not enough to buy them. Mostly it is the teenage and early 20's girls that REALLY want them. But I haven't sold ANY!!!! I LOVE the Cranberry accent peices though. LOVE LOVE LOVE them, and I LOVED the stripes. I would like to see the Cranberry accent peices to have a ivory or cream color to them, just to make them more "country". But that is just me. I still love them the way they are. I miss the stripes...oh how I miss the stripes.
I love my Woven Traditions too. LOVE them, I don't sell a ton, but I love them all of the same!!

I don't either. They remind me of the Wonder bread packages... or a clown's outfit. Just never appealed to me and they seem to be expanding the line now. LOL.. ah well, to each their own I suppose.

I like the cranberry accent too though it'd be nice if other 'primary' darks came out... like hunter green and cobalt blue... I have a friend who'd LOVE if we came out with cobalt blue.

kspry said:
I wouldn't miss
- julienne peeler
- pinch bowls
- herb keeper

- juicer
- coating trays & tool
- gravy separator

- nylon tools
- wine opener
- new beaded servers
- drink charms

I sell a TON of the items above that I bolded.
I guess it all depends on where you like and what people like.
eta: I also think it depends on what you show. Once I started showing the Cutting Board w/Meas Cups, I started selling them hand over fist - and a $30 item is nothing to sneeze at! I have Dh to thank for that - he is the one who suggested I start bringing mine to shows.

ChefBeckyD said:
I agree the pinch bowls are redundant - already have the prep bowls...and the pinch bowls are not as sturdy or useful.

The coating trays are another thing I forget we even sell! Mine have never been used. I use paper plates for coating, then when I'm done, I just throw them away! They work great!

If I need something deeper for chocolate dipping - I use the micro cooker...and still use a paper plate for rolling.

I sell TONS of coating trays around here - personally I am not nuts about them - I am a paper plate gal -- but I sell at least 1-2 at every show. (and I don't even show them!)

I love the drainer my DH asked for it because i can't drain pasta.
DebbieJ said:
I personally love the Suds Pump. How is it becoming obsolete?
You can get foaming hand soap any where now.

Maybe it is a regional thing because here in the south that gravy seperator sells. Here is a tip on the fingerguard. I wasn't selling those either, then I started talking about how young chefs (ones too old for the my safe cutter) can use them when learning to use knives. I sell a lot of those that way. I still sell a lot of spritzers too because the store bought can cause a sticky residue on the stoneware. I LOVE the drainer and it is a great seller for people with RV's because it saves space. We like our pie crust shield here in the south too :) Salad Chopper is great for making salsa and cutting up little kids food very quickly like hot dogs and chicken tenders.

Now the dessert plates, people think they are cute but don't get them and frankly I do better getting them to get the appetizer plates and caddy as well as the small squares. Plus I get them to come back for more of the Simple Additions that way too.

DebbieJ said:
But the Suds Pump saves so much money and prevents waste! We would go through those Bath and Body ones so fast. The Suds Pump lasts much longer. I can buy a cheap refill bottle at Aldi and have it last me for a year for less than $5.

Also, you can put any kind of soap you want in the Suds Pump (as long as it doesn't have pearls or beads). So if you are more crunchy, you can put castille soap in it, or if you aren't, you can put whatever smell soap you want in it. And there are no plastic bottles to throw away except the one that the soap came in!

I think it's a great product to help our customers save money. :thumbup:

Sorry- I'm laughing becuase I'm not sure what it means to be crunchy! :) LOL... I'm going to ask my DH if he thinks I'm crunchy... I'm really chuckling!

kmschroll2001 said:
The Cut n Seal... my daughter will only eat "circle PBJ sandwiches" we use that everyday.

Everything else you mentioned can go.

I bought the Cut & Seal just forthat reason. The first (and only time) I made my son a PBJ for his lunch - he promptly informed me that he doesn't want 'circle' sandwiches that he likes his sandwiches 'straight'....kids!

ChefBeckyD said:
I have been looking through the new catalog - and there are some items I cannot believe are still in there! So I just wondered what items you would never miss if they weren't in there?

For Me:

Dessert Plates
Finger Guard
Suds Pump (becoming obsolete....)
Drainer
Pie Crust Shield

I do not like our pastry mat- I prefer silpat and wish we had a deal with them, like we do with Microplane to sell them.

I have acutally sold pie crust shields, and think they are a good idea. Putzing with tinfoil when making a pie gets old- but I can see how you might not sell a lot of these.

I have sold finger guards, but in the 12 months I've been using our knives, I've only knicked myself once- For me- acrylic nails helps deter any fancy-matrix kinfe moves I foolishly attempt, and I think they are good for kids, but

I don't care for the guard, personally...

I was wondering about the pan/sillet drainer- I'd like one, but never sold one, and never bought one from PC

Sadly, I was asked if our Corer was a little purse for tampons by a guest at a show, so IMHO we can get rid of that- I can't even look at it without being reminded of that question...

The EAM cup and spoon... It's a good theory, but...

That's all I can think of for now.

Kitchen Diva said:
I do not like our pastry mat- I prefer silpat and wish we had a deal with them, like we do with Microplane to sell them.

I have acutally sold pie crust shields, and think they are a good idea. Putzing with tinfoil when making a pie gets old- but I can see how you might not sell a lot of these.

I have sold finger guards, but in the 12 months I've been using our knives, I've only knicked myself once- For me- acrylic nails helps deter any fancy-matrix kinfe moves I foolishly attempt, and I think they are good for kids, but

I was wondering about the pan/sillet drainer- I'd like one, but never sold one, and never bought one from PC

Sadly, I was asked if our Corer was a little purse for tampons by a guest at a show, so IMHO we can get rid of that- I can't even look at it without being reminded of that question...

I sell at least 3-4 EAM cups & spoons at every single show simply by showing them!

Kitchen Diva said:

I bring a cuccumber & a carrot to every show at the end of the show I tell evryone I'm gonna show them something really kewl!! I score the cucc & cut it in three, peel the carrot, core the cucc & stick the carrot in the hole...:blushing: take the crinkle cutter & slice some really cute pieces of cuccumber with a carrot slice in the middle...I sell a few of these at every show! ( thanks Jillian!! :D )

Kitchen Diva said:
Sorry- I'm laughing becuase I'm not sure what it means to be crunchy! :) LOL... I'm going to ask my DH if he thinks I'm crunchy... I'm really chuckling!
"Crunchy" is the same as calling someone "granola." They're the people who insist on all-natural, organic, non-processed, etc. I use that term in reference to my sister a lot. She lives in Colorado, where there are a lot of granola people. ;)

Kitchen Diva said:
Silpat already has a direct-sales outlet. And our pastry mat is for a different part of the process. Ours is for rolling out (and now, cutting with the new pastry cutter). Silpat is for baking. The instructions indicate not to cut on theirs so that it doesn't damage the surface or the fibers.

They remind me of the Wonder bread packages... or a clown's outfit.
Yeah, they kinda do - thank goodness they're not in primary colors!

asked if our Corer was a little purse for tampons by a guest at a show
Hahaha!

chefann said:
"Crunchy" is the same as calling someone "granola." They're the people who insist on all-natural, organic, non-processed, etc. I use that term in reference to my sister a lot. She lives in Colorado, where there are a lot of granola people. ;)

Oh, I see! I like that term, very cute! Up here in the frozen tundra we call them tree huggers, or acorns! LOL

I know that silpat is not meant to be cut on, I just like the texture and the storage of it so much better than our pastry mat. No matter how many times I clean mine, I cannot seem to get it smooth- there is always something that is sticking to it by static electricity! Drives me nuts. That and I don't have a decent place to store it- I wrapped it up tight and stuck it inside a paper towel tube- that helps a little, but it's still has things stuck to it...

<h2>What are the most frequently asked questions about "I Can't Believe It's Still in the Catalog!"?</h2><p>1. Why are some items still in the catalog even though they seem outdated?</p><p>2. How often does the "I Can't Believe It's Still in the Catalog!" section get updated?</p><p>3. Are there any special discounts for these items since they've been in the catalog for a while?</p><p>4. Can you give some examples of items that have been in the catalog for a long time?</p><p>5. Are there any plans to remove these items from the catalog in the future?</p><h2>Which items would you never miss if they weren't in the catalog?</h2><p>1. Dessert Plates - These have been a customer favorite for years and are perfect for serving small treats or appetizers.</p><p>2. Finger Guard - A must-have for anyone who loves to cook, this handy tool protects your fingers while slicing and dicing.</p><p>3. Suds Pump - Although it may be becoming obsolete, many customers still love the convenience of this soap dispenser for their kitchen or bathroom.</p><p>4. Drainer - This versatile tool is perfect for draining pasta or vegetables and can also be used as a trivet or steamer.</p><p>5. Pie Crust Shield - This item has been helping bakers achieve perfect pie crusts for years and is a must-have for any pie lover.</p>

What are the most frequently asked questions about "I Can't Believe It's Still in the Catalog!"?

1. Why are some items still in the catalog even though they seem outdated?

2. How often does the "I Can't Believe It's Still in the Catalog!" section get updated?

3. Are there any special discounts for these items since they've been in the catalog for a while?

4. Can you give some examples of items that have been in the catalog for a long time?

5. Are there any plans to remove these items from the catalog in the future?

Which items would you never miss if they weren't in the catalog?

1. Dessert Plates - These have been a customer favorite for years and are perfect for serving small treats or appetizers.

2. Finger Guard - A must-have for anyone who loves to cook, this handy tool protects your fingers while slicing and dicing.

3. Suds Pump - Although it may be becoming obsolete, many customers still love the convenience of this soap dispenser for their kitchen or bathroom.

4. Drainer - This versatile tool is perfect for draining pasta or vegetables and can also be used as a trivet or steamer.

5. Pie Crust Shield - This item has been helping bakers achieve perfect pie crusts for years and is a must-have for any pie lover.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Patrick O'Sullivan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kcmckay