• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Can't Believe It's Still in the Catalog!

In summary, the new catalog has some items that are still in there that you would never miss. The drainer is one of my best sellers and I've also sold the dessert plates and pie crust shield recently.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have been looking through the new catalog - and there are some items I cannot believe are still in there! So I just wondered what items you would never miss if they weren't in there?

For Me:

Dessert Plates
Finger Guard
Suds Pump (becoming obsolete....)
Drainer
Pie Crust Shield

Its funny because the drainer is one of my best sellers! I have also sold the dessert plates and pie crust shieid recently.

ChefJWarren said:
Its funny because the drainer is one of my best sellers! I have also sold the dessert plates and pie crust shieid recently.

I have never sold a set of dessert plates - even when it was the host special, and I took them to every show! Don't think I've ever sold a drainer either!

Never sold a finger guard or dessert plates. The people that want the drainer or pie crust shield are always happy to get them. I have a Suds Pump @ every sink,,,,,but I really do like the variety of Bath and Body Works soaps and pumps.......

I have sold all of them, but some more than others. I was shocked when a host recently chose the Dessert Plates.I personally love the Suds Pump. How is it becoming obsolete?

I agree I sell a drainer to almost everyone at every show.
But I only sold one finger guard, 4 suds pumps, 1 pie crust shield and NO dessert plates

DebbieJ said:
I have sold all of them, but some more than others. I was shocked when a host recently chose the Dessert Plates.

I personally love the Suds Pump. How is it becoming obsolete?

Because every kind of hand soap you buy now comes in a foaming pump like that...and you can change scents whenever you want, instead of refilling.

For me....
Scoop Clip
Gravy Separator
Pie Crust Shield

I love my drainer!

Becky0216 said:
I agree I sell a drainer to almost everyone at every show.
But I only sold one finger guard, 4 suds pumps, 1 pie crust shield and NO dessert plates

Really? The drainer? I don't mean the little can drainer - I mean that big one - I've not sold even one I don't think.

paigev71 said:
For me....
Scoop Clip
Gravy Separator
Pie Crust Shield

I love my drainer!

I keep hoping the scoop clip is staying around because the coffee is coming back!

I agree with the gravy separator - but I know that there are lots of gravy makers out there who love it.

Dessert Plates
Square Napkin Rings
Hold N' Slice (even though I've sold 1-2)
Finger Guard (even though I've sold 1)
Cutting Board with Measuring Cups (even though I have 1)
Apple Corer - people always want the wedger
Spritzer - I use it at shows but since Olive Oil comes in spray cans now...
Scoop Clip
Funnels
Suds Pump - only sell to Arbonne peopleI've actually never sold meat lifters or a gravy separator either...

janetupnorth said:
Dessert Plates
Square Napkin Rings
Scoop Clip
Funnels
Suds Pump - only sell to Arbonne people

I've actually never sold meat lifters or a gravy separator either...

I use the corer when I make apple dumplings or baked apples. I also use it to core cucumbers.

I've sold the meat lifters and seperator....along with the baster - but they are definitely seasonal.

janetupnorth said:
Dessert Plates
Square Napkin Rings
Scoop Clip
Funnels

How funny - I sell tons of Gravy Separators, TONS of CB's w/Meas Cups...and tons of Kitchen Spritzers - man, I sell thos elike crazy lately when doing the Greek Cheese Torta

I love the can strainer but hate the drainer. I aways loose some of whatever I'm draining in the sink.

ChefBeckyD said:
Really? The drainer? I don't mean the little can drainer - I mean that big one - I've not sold even one I don't think.

The drainer I was referring to is the one you hold over a pot to drain pasta and such. I can never hold a lid over it just right and hate to dirty my collander just for pasta I am going to put back in the pot ANYWAY, so I use my drainer for it.

I love the can one too....perfect addition to the can opener. Of course, mine is pink. LOL

Let's see...

Cutting board with measure cups
Salad chopper
Apple peeler/corer/slicer
Napkin Rings
Pie crust shield

ChefBeckyD said:
Because every kind of hand soap you buy now comes in a foaming pump like that...and you can change scents whenever you want, instead of refilling.
But the Suds Pump saves so much money and prevents waste! We would go through those Bath and Body ones so fast. The Suds Pump lasts much longer. I can buy a cheap refill bottle at Aldi and have it last me for a year for less than $5. Also, you can put any kind of soap you want in the Suds Pump (as long as it doesn't have pearls or beads). So if you are more crunchy, you can put castille soap in it, or if you aren't, you can put whatever smell soap you want in it. And there are no plastic bottles to throw away except the one that the soap came in!I think it's a great product to help our customers save money. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I agree- I use the suds pump at every show, and sell at least 1 at every show too!

DebbieJ said:
But the Suds Pump saves so much money and prevents waste! We would go through those Bath and Body ones so fast. The Suds Pump lasts much longer. I can buy a cheap refill bottle at Aldi and have it last me for a year for less than $5.

Also, you can put any kind of soap you want in the Suds Pump (as long as it doesn't have pearls or beads). So if you are more crunchy, you can put castille soap in it, or if you aren't, you can put whatever smell soap you want in it. And there are no plastic bottles to throw away except the one that the soap came in!

I think it's a great product to help our customers save money. :thumbup:

It's just something I wouldn't miss if we didn't have it. That's all.

ChefBeckyD said:
I keep hoping the scoop clip is staying around because the coffee is coming back!

What do you mean the coffee is coming back? Did I miss something? Is PC going to start carrying the Good Company Coffee again?! I have so many people ask about this!!

I have sold quite a few drainers, TONS of pie crust shields, 2 finger guards, no dessert plates, 2 gravy separators. There are some other items that I can't think of off hand that I have never sold. But not many.

pampered.chris said:
What do you mean the coffee is coming back? Did I miss something? Is PC going to start carrying the Good Company Coffee again?! I have so many people ask about this!!

I have sold quite a few drainers, TONS of pie crust shields, 2 finger guards, no dessert plates, 2 gravy separators. There are some other items that I can't think of off hand that I have never sold. But not many.

No.:rolleyes::eek:

I said I was hoping it was still there because the coffee was coming back. There was a lot of talk when it was introduced that it came out just as the coffee was being discontinued....so I've been hoping that the plan has always been to bring the coffee back - haven't heard ANYTHING that would make me think it's coming, but I keep hoping! (And I request it regularly...along with my director!:D)

Maybe it's nostalgia that keeps me wanting it. I've had so many good times with my director over a mug of Good Company coffee topped with whipped cream.

I love the scoop clip b/c I'm a coffee drinker. I don't like the finger guard. WOuldn't miss it. The one time I used it, it was more of a hassle than anything. I've never sold the dessert plates. I use my drainer b/c I have it. But I end up tossing food down the drain sometimes. And that makes me cry. I guess I wouldn't miss it either. I make a lot of pan gravy but have never had a need for the gravy separator. I haven't sold ANY of those either.

janetupnorth said:

Yeah!! I learned how to quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The canned oil can leave a film on cookware if you use it too often. My cookware (Caphlon) suggested to do not use it. So I sell a lot of them because I love mine.

I have learned in my short selling career than you sale more of what you love.

The pie shield is something I have never sold or had anyone ask me a question about.

I was surprised to see the dessert plates still in the fall book but I was equally surprised that the celebrate plate went away.

I sell at least one salad chopper at every show - we make salsa or fruit salsa and once it's in their hands...

I wouldn't miss: the linens - the placemats/napkins/napkin "rings". I also wouldn't miss the coffee and more cups, square bowls, square plates (loved them at first, now not so much), Bamboo carving board, gravy separator, carafe, cookie press, pie crust shield (I don't think it works all that well), stencil set, grilling planks, ice cream sandwich maker. I have sold at least some of each of these but not much.

I L:love:VE: Appetizer plates & Stand (especially that we can get the stand separately), all things dots (but I didn't think I would at first), everything bamboo, pastry mat, drainer, meat lifters, cookware, forged knives, cookbooks, rice cooker, mini baker, EAD, decorator bottles, food chopper, funnels, hold n slice, and so much more. My husband's new favorite is the mini-tart shaper. He's been making his version of Mojitos and crushes the mint with it.

Last edited:
Wow!! I can't believe someone said the Salad Chopper - that's one of my hottest selling items. I open every show by making the salsa and I sell 3 - 4 of them. It's going to be a sad sad day when they retire that!

I'm with Deb on the Suds pump. Most of the pre-foamed soap you can buy are more $$ than regular soap - so you pay more for less soap. And I love that it results in less waste / packaging, etc. I sell it, along with bamboo, as an eco-friendly alternative.As for the finger guard, hold 'n slice etc., I am happy that we offer them. My mom has low-vision (is legally blind) and these tools are a huge help to her. She is an avid cook & these tools allow her to chop foods safely.The salad chopper is one of my biggest sellers. Love, use it at every show, sell several at every show.And the drainer is awesome. I love it. I cannot, for the life of me, drain a pot using the lid. That drainer is GREAT!
As for what I wouldn't miss.... pie crust shield, the dessert plates.

byrd1956 said:
but I really do like the variety of Bath and Body Works soaps and pumps.......

Same with me. I love, love, love the Bath and Body soap pumps!

"But the Suds Pump saves so much money and prevents waste! We would go through those Bath and Body ones so fast. The Suds Pump lasts much longer."

I cannot disagree more. Those Bath & Body suds pumps last very long. I buy multiples of them when they are on special and by the time I run low (6 months later) they are on sale again.

herb keeper could go for me

carafe definately! My grandmother bought this from one of my first shows and it leaked from the top, and the bottome - it just leaked! It was my first exchange ahh memories :rolleyes:

I can't seem to figure out the suds pump. It works great for a while then won't pump. I had 2 years ago & that kept happening so I finally threw them out. Thought I would give them another try & the same thing keeps happening. I have already used the extra pump that comes with it & it won't pump anymore either. I have only had them for a year.

I use the meat lifters for all meats, not just turkey. It is great for getting the roast chicken out of the pan to place on the bamboo carving board.

I am always surprised at what stays & what goes each season. I hated that the chipotle ranch dip left but at least we have the chipotle rub now. I also wouldn't mind if the cookie press, cake stencils, pie gate/shield, can strainer left. I'm sure there are a few others I can't think of right now.

amy07 said:
herb keeper could go for me

I agree - mine is just taking up space.

Oh - and a couple more things that were mentioned that I even forget are in the catalog because they are that much of a non-item for me are the grilling planks, stencil set, ice cream sandwich maker. In fact, I was just cleaning out my PC closet, and found 2 different sets of the stencils - never used either one!:blushing:

I love the pie crust shield, have sold quite a few.
Never sold any dessert plates and I hate the finger guard, I bought one for myself before I was a consultant b/c I am always cutting my finger and it doesn't work.

I love my salad chopper, and the gravy seperator could be gone, I don;t think I have sold one or ever mentioned it or been asked about it. I hate the cookie press, never talk about it, hate it :(

Another note on the suds pump..
I had a show with a bunch of nurses and one lady ordered 9 of them!! She said she buys the nice soaps (bath & body works) and pairs them with our suds pumps and some hand towels for wedding shower gifts or suds pumps and baby soap for baby shower gifts!

If you make the 30 minute chicken you can use one meat lifter to take the chicken out of the stoneware. It's a good way to remind people they will need meat lifters soon so buy them now. I sell tons of them. As I'm taking the chicken out I say, "How many of you struggle to get your Thanksgiving turkey out of the roasting pan?" Then I see a bunch of heads nod. "What do you use, your carving fork and a large serving spoon? Not me!"

I can't stand the cake stencils, I bought them before I was a consultant and they just do not work well (at least for me). I have never sold dessert plates either. I am ambivalent to the ice cream sandwich maker, but I'm somewhat surprised it's still in the catalog, I haven't sold one.

DessertDivaFL said:
I cannot disagree more. Those Bath & Body suds pumps last very long. I buy multiples of them when they are on special and by the time I run low (6 months later) they are on sale again.

i do the same thing!! i LOVE when they are 3 for $10 (or whatever the AWESOME sale is). i get a TON of them!

and wait. :eek: we have a gravy seperator? haha.
i thought you just bought gravy from a can at the store? :eek::blushing:
hm. that one could go for me. because ive never even noticed it.

I was not surprised the celebrate plate bit the dust (it's just so at odds with everything else in the catalogue!) but the dessert plates should have been discontinued too. I've never seen someone show even a remote interest in them.

Things I am baffled by:
Mini Tart Shaper (as soon as oil gets on it, it sticks!)
Drainer (though this is popular)
Ice Cream Sandwich Maker

Is the cookie press really bad? I was thinking about using my PC dollars to get one (among other things). I loved my friends' easy accent decorator, but I don't really ice things that often. I would however love to make easy and awesome cookies! I guess it wouldn't work for drop cookies though because they spread. What didn't you like about it?

my mom bought the cookie press when i was in high school. i remember it worked great for my first batch of cookies that i made with it & then it never really worked again. that very well could have been operator error. :eek:

i use the mini tart shaper all the time it seems. i love taking the tuxedo brownies to things because people always think that i am a gourmet baker. :chef:

janetupnorth said:
Dessert Plates
Square Napkin Rings
Scoop Clip
Funnels

I use the corer a lot! My kids don't like me to wedge there apples because they turn too brown (in their school lunches) So I take the core out and rub lemon juice in the inside, they say it doesn't get brown that way!
Love my spritzer, and can't stand store stuff, I will not use it from a can, the only thing I use from a can is the stuff that has flour, for the torte pans expecially.
Still love the suds pump too, I sell a lot because I tell the story of how I used it for my DD's baby bath when she was a baby, and stretched a bottle of baby bath out for a year! Also, I buy the costco refils of liquid soap, and I rather refil then buy a new suds pump every time!

Kimmie said:
Wow!! I can't believe someone said the Salad Chopper - that's one of my hottest selling items. I open every show by making the salsa and I sell 3 - 4 of them. It's going to be a sad sad day when they retire that!

I've never sold a single one!! With our beautiful knives I see no point in promoting it.JMO

I actually liked the celebrate plate, but I can see why it got discontinued. I use it for every birthday, for that special person's b-day dinner, my kids always yell, "I get the Celebrate plate tonight!"
Dessert plates need to go, I have a set and I think they are pretty, but not being able to put them in the microwave, just stinks! Plus they are way too spendy and really don't go with the rest of our product line.
The finger guard, I would cut myself more with it than without it!
Drainer, I LOVE MY DRAINER! And I've sold a ton! Funny! Different strokes for different folks!
I've sold Hold N Slices but don't use it. Actually consider it to hinder my slicing ability.
Could care the less if we ever sold a place mat or napkins or napkin rings again! I like the towels! And if they get rid of the microfiber towels, I will freak! I love how the wash cloth size one cleans my dishes, and I love how the bigger towels shine my glasses and everything else!
Sorry, but I hate the green knives!!! Hate them! And I wish they would have never got rid of the bread knife, it was a value and it was good.

Cutting board with measuring cups can take a hike too! I don't like it and I don't show it anymore.
Herb keeper, I like it but don't sell much, and I had a customer ask what was so special about it, couldn't she just use a glass, I stood there with the duh look! Luckily the show was still good and I sold one.
The juicer..... after using the Citrus Press, I don't see how anyone would want to use the juicer, but that just my opinion!
Scoop clip, I hate it! Don't see it making it much longer, and we are MAJOR coffee drinkers, And I buy it whole bean in the bag, and would much rather use a twixit clip!
I think they need to restyle the spoon rest, and make it bigger, to handle some of our bigger tools!
Redesign the cookie press too, too many dissatisfied people with it!
Ice Cream sandwich Maker, I use it but sell very few of them. My kids like it because I make killer cookies and they love making their very own ice cream sandwiches!
Okay, I've dished too. Fun thread!;)

Last edited:
Things that I wouldn't mind seeing go:

Square Napkin rings
Dessert Plates
Bamboo Cheese Board & Petite Squares (since that's the only thing they're good for)
Cutting Board with Measure Cups
Finger Guard
Egg Slicer Plus (I've had my strings replaced NINE times! I finally just threw it out and do not recommend them to anyone! I tell them to go to walmart and get the Faberware tomato slicer. Its a LOT more sturdy!)
Crinkle Cutter
Pinch Bowls
Large Bamboo Salad Tongs
Juicer
Jar opener (yes I've sold some; but me personally, I HATE IT!!!)
Scoop Clip ( not a coffee drinker and have only sold one)
Skimmer ( I use my strainer for those purposes and its more expensive so more $$ in my pocket when I sell them!)

I've got a longer list but the rest of the stuff I :love: LOVE :love: and most of it is in my kitchen!

DessertDivaFL said:
"But the Suds Pump saves so much money and prevents waste! We would go through those Bath and Body ones so fast. The Suds Pump lasts much longer."

The thing I love about our Suds Pump is that I can refill it with any soap - $3 a bottle is a good price for B&BW, but paying $4 at the same sale for one bottle of wash concentrate would last years.

That being said, I agree that our Suds Pump is, maybe not obsolete, but certainly not the only one on the block by a long shot. I got three bottles of the B&BW foam pumps about two years ago and I am still using them. You can screw the tops off, pour in some soap, top with water, shake and go... just like our Suds Pump, only without the measurements on the side. I peeled off the lables and washed well and I prefer the look in my bathroom to the suds pump.

I did the same with another container for dish soap.

I have the Suds Pump, I take it to every show and use it myself, but I only have one and won't buy another.

I am amazed at the amount of products that everyone dislikes! What I don't sell to my customers, I assume someone in the US (and CA) are selling. The ONLY product that I see on here that I do not recall selling are the dessert plates. They are beautiful, however.

I truly believe that PC puts a lot of time (research) and money into not just trends but what sells. Somebody's selling them if they continue to stay in the catalog.

hmm... I have most things, but what I personally use regularly is a much smaller subset of the entire product line. And it doesn't necessarily coincide with my big sellers.For example, my top selling item is the Food Chopper. But I NEVER use mine, even at shows! I'd rather show the 2 large forged cutlery items (Chef's and 7" Santoku) with the large grooved cutting board. And at home, it takes me less time to pull out the knife, chop my item and wash the knife than it does to find the chopper, cut the food small enough to fit in it, chop the food, scrape out the chopper collar with a finger to get off the stuff that stuck to it, and then wash the chopper. So the Chopper would be on my personal "wouldn't miss it" list, but not my business list, because I still sell them.My other "wouldn't miss" items:
Corn Cob Nobs
Corn Butterer (although both of these are fairly high on my career top sales list, mostly from the first few years I sold)
Large Square Bowl
all the linens and napkin rings (except towels)
citrus peeler
suds pump (sorry, lovers of the SP - I can't stand this thing. I never feel like I'm getting enough soap, so I use 4-6 pumps which defeats the whole purpose of using it. It also needs to have it's look updated.)
Ice Cream Sandwich maker
My Safe Cutter
Drainer (I've never used mine - I use a colander and I'd rather sell a $40 set of colanders than a $10 drainer)
APCS and stand (it's one of those "when you need it, you really need it" tools, but I haven't sold one in several years)
Pizza crust mix

I would be lost without my pie crust shield. I find it is indispensable!!!!

baychef said:
I am amazed at the amount of products that everyone dislikes! What I don't sell to my customers, I assume someone in the US (and CA) are selling. The ONLY product that I see on here that I do not recall selling are the dessert plates. They are beautiful, however.

I truly believe that PC puts a lot of time (research) and money into not just trends but what sells. Somebody's selling them if they continue to stay in the catalog.

I don't hate the things I could do without...I can just do without because I don't use them.

Obviously from the diversity on the thread, many do!

I can't believe someone doesn't like the egg slicer though! I'm replacing my insert for the first time in 10 years! I use it for eggs, mushrooms, strawberries, all kinds of stuff!

You're going to bend it though if you don't take the stems out of the mushrooms before you slice...or just open and toss it carelessly in a drawer.

baychef said:

My first post was asking what wouldn't you miss if it wasn't in the catalog. It was just for fun, not a serious thread. Almost every item that I wouldn't miss, someone else would.

I think it's interesting to see people's lists, and the diversity in what we love and sell, and what we don't even remember is in the product line!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
My first post was asking what wouldn't you miss if it wasn't in the catalog. It was just for fun, not a serious thread. Almost every item that I wouldn't miss, someone else would.

I think it's interesting to see people's lists, and the diversity in what we love and sell, and what we don't even remember is in the product line!:D

I agree. This is a fun thread. It's amazing that something one person loves isn't that big a deal to others. But then that's a good thing! The world would be so dull if we all liked exactly the same things and our business would not be as good if eveyone liked all the same things. We all have different styles and tastes. :cool:

<h2>What are the most frequently asked questions about "I Can't Believe It's Still in the Catalog!"?</h2><p>1. Why are some items still in the catalog even though they seem outdated?</p><p>2. How often does the "I Can't Believe It's Still in the Catalog!" section get updated?</p><p>3. Are there any special discounts for these items since they've been in the catalog for a while?</p><p>4. Can you give some examples of items that have been in the catalog for a long time?</p><p>5. Are there any plans to remove these items from the catalog in the future?</p><h2>Which items would you never miss if they weren't in the catalog?</h2><p>1. Dessert Plates - These have been a customer favorite for years and are perfect for serving small treats or appetizers.</p><p>2. Finger Guard - A must-have for anyone who loves to cook, this handy tool protects your fingers while slicing and dicing.</p><p>3. Suds Pump - Although it may be becoming obsolete, many customers still love the convenience of this soap dispenser for their kitchen or bathroom.</p><p>4. Drainer - This versatile tool is perfect for draining pasta or vegetables and can also be used as a trivet or steamer.</p><p>5. Pie Crust Shield - This item has been helping bakers achieve perfect pie crusts for years and is a must-have for any pie lover.</p>

What are the most frequently asked questions about "I Can't Believe It's Still in the Catalog!"?

1. Why are some items still in the catalog even though they seem outdated?

2. How often does the "I Can't Believe It's Still in the Catalog!" section get updated?

3. Are there any special discounts for these items since they've been in the catalog for a while?

4. Can you give some examples of items that have been in the catalog for a long time?

5. Are there any plans to remove these items from the catalog in the future?

Which items would you never miss if they weren't in the catalog?

1. Dessert Plates - These have been a customer favorite for years and are perfect for serving small treats or appetizers.

2. Finger Guard - A must-have for anyone who loves to cook, this handy tool protects your fingers while slicing and dicing.

3. Suds Pump - Although it may be becoming obsolete, many customers still love the convenience of this soap dispenser for their kitchen or bathroom.

4. Drainer - This versatile tool is perfect for draining pasta or vegetables and can also be used as a trivet or steamer.

5. Pie Crust Shield - This item has been helping bakers achieve perfect pie crusts for years and is a must-have for any pie lover.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Patrick O'Sullivan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kcmckay