• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

You'll Never Guess What I Paid for the Pie Plate...

V
vwpamperedchef
Our street was having a 3 day yard sale, but only my house and 2 others participated. I made some good cash, and my DH wanted to go "look" at what the others had to offer.

I hate when he does this, because we spend what we earned. LOL

The one lady had a table we might like for our living room. The other lady had a French Vanilla stoneware pie plate. Now, if you knew me, and I am sure many of you are the same way, you cannot pass up a deal. Let alone a pampered chef item.

The pie plate must have never been used. The lady knows I sell it, but she got it from my neighbor (who lives across the street and who also sells it). I said to the lady...why are you selling this, she said I dont cook. LOL I said I will save it and give it a good home!

She insisted I take it for FREE but I went back and gave her the $$ she was asking for it, with a mini catalog! It cost me $3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously the bargin of the century! :love:

good for you!! I will be by for a bite later---!

Last edited:
Awesome Vanessa!!!

I'm totally searching yard sales for PC items to boost my kit. I got a small barware pan for $1.50 a couple of weeks ago. It looked like it hadn't done anything but sit in her cupboard and collect dust.

LOVE the bargains!

Great deal! Congratulations!!!

I still can't believe it...I think my DH is sick of hearing me saying what a great deal it was! LOL

well just keep saying it cuz it really is a major deal! :)

I am always searching yard sales as well. I by all the Pampered Chef stuff I can find that way no one else is getting it for cheap and they have to go thru a consultant! I got the loaf pan a couple of weeks ago brand new for 1 dollar...

Way to go Christina! Its like giving them a new home...

Oh, hey Vanessa - I got your box in the mail Friday - I'll PM you in a bit!

What a great deal! I need to check yard sales more often. It is too hard to go with a 3 year old.

Way to go!

When I was at the flea market a lot of people had stories about how they bought stoneware cheap at yard sales ... which did not make them want to pay full price for MINE!

One lady had a story that had y'all beat ... she saw a FOOD CHOPPER ... a genuine, Pampered Chef model ... and a price of 50 cents on it.

She balked at it and paid 25 cents.

It works like a dream ...

Well since it was my neighbor I didnt want to take it for free. Esp. since she knows I sell it.

I still love it...used it for dinner last night! :)

What a score!

Gotta love yard sales. My dad brought home BRAND NEW 8 in executive sauce pan, food chopper, simple editions square bowls, and caddy (all items in our start up kit), he got all 4 items for $6!!!

Now that is a STEAL!

vwpamperedchef said:
Now that is a STEAL!

U would have a heart attack if you got that deal!

pampermejolene said:
Gotta love yard sales. My dad brought home BRAND NEW 8 in executive sauce pan, food chopper, simple editions square bowls, and caddy (all items in our start up kit), he got all 4 items for $6!!!

Wow! Can your Dad go shopping for me? LOL!!!

jrstephens said:
U would have a heart attack if you got that deal!

You know me! LOL

OT love your new avatar!

1. How did you come across the pie plate?

I found it at a yard sale in my neighborhood. Only a few houses participated and one of them had this pie plate for sale.

2. How much did you pay for the pie plate?

I only paid $3 for the pie plate, which was a great deal considering its value and the fact that it was practically brand new.

3. Why did you decide to buy the pie plate?

As a scientist, I love a good deal and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to add a Pampered Chef item to my kitchen collection. Plus, I have a weakness for French Vanilla stoneware.

4. Did you feel guilty about buying the pie plate for such a low price?

No, I don't feel guilty at all. The seller didn't want it anymore and I was able to give it a new home where it will be used and appreciated.

5. Do you think the seller was surprised by your offer to pay more than what they were asking for?

Yes, I think the seller was definitely surprised. But I wanted to make sure she was compensated fairly for the pie plate, especially since she was willing to part with it for free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinyourpclady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • WendyAebi
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieSM
Replies