• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Broke My Large Round Stone!! Caprese Sandwiches?

I have been making it in Sandwich Ring form as suggested in one of the CNs. I LOVE it. It's easier, and feeds more people. It's also more practical; it's something you would actually make for your family as a meal instead of just appetizers. Who eats appetizers other than at a party or restaurant? Not me! Hey honey! Let's have appetizers with our dinner tonight...as though making dinner isn't enough work...I'm glad you brought up the caprese sandwiches. I was very dissapointed in them. The taste was really good but they were a crumbly mess and nothing I'd want to try to put together again.
DZmom
Last night after my show I was packing up and put the stone, Large SA Platter, a small and medium square in my Carry All, the host asked for more order forms and the bag fell off the barstool and shattered the stone.:eek: The weird thing is it landed on top of all the SA pieces and NONE OF THEM BROKE!!:confused: I have an extra luckily, but still yet I can't believe that happened. Especially after the show was a flop compared to my last 3 or 4. I have one booking and another one that is tentatively scheduled for April, but sales are only $308 right now. There's still several orders still to come, but I don't see them getting too much higher. While I was coaching the host to the $500 mark she was looking at the host benefits in the catalog and said, "OH, I get 2 half-priced items at $400!! Cool!!" But who knows we'll see!

By the way, what type of bread it everyone using for the Caprese Sandwiches? I used the pita bread and it was very hard and brittle after baking. I am thinking of trying the Flat-out bread or Gordita shells before I make them at another show.

Bummer about your stone. But on the up side- 2 more days til Kit Enhancement Month!!!

I have been making it in Sandwich Ring form as suggested in one of the CNs. I LOVE it. It's easier, and feeds more people. It's also more practical; it's something you would actually make for your family as a meal instead of just appetizers. Who eats appetizers other than at a party or restaurant? Not me! Hey honey! Let's have appetizers with our dinner tonight...as though making dinner isn't enough work...

I'm glad you brought up the caprese sandwiches. I was very dissapointed in them. The taste was really good but they were a crumbly mess and nothing I'd want to try to put together again. I just may have to try this sandwich ring form.

speedychef said:
I have been making it in Sandwich Ring form as suggested in one of the CNs. I LOVE it. It's easier, and feeds more people. It's also more practical; it's something you would actually make for your family as a meal instead of just appetizers. Who eats appetizers other than at a party or restaurant? Not me! Hey honey! Let's have appetizers with our dinner tonight...as though making dinner isn't enough work...

I'm a new consultant, and I was going to try making these next week. whats the Sandwich Ring form? Using cresent rolls instead of the pita like the Taco Ring?

Oh, and a dumb question... what does CN stand for?:)

I can't help with what the sandwich ring version is...I'm from Canada and haven't seen that version but I can help with the CN thing...Consultant News.
New name for the KCN :)

thanks
kcjodih said:
I can't help with what the sandwich ring version is...I'm from Canada and haven't seen that version but I can help with the CN thing...Consultant News.
New name for the KCN :)

Thanks, that helps. Still new to the PC Jargon...

Have any of you watched the Spring Into Success 2006 DVD? OMG, it is hilarious! If you need a good laugh and a little inspiration, watch the Recipe section of the DVD. I watched it on my computer while my son was watching cartoons. They have a professional chef on there showing you how to prepare the Italiana Recipes and its so funny because its in super fast forward motion. I was cracking up watching it the other day...especially when she was making the Caprese Sand. When she's getting ready to chop up the nuts and basil, the nuts keep falling off. LOL, just my whacked out sense of humor I guess. :D

~Kristen

Call 888-our-chef
DZmom said:
Last night after my show I was packing up and put the stone, Large SA Platter, a small and medium square in my Carry All, the host asked for more order forms and the bag fell off the barstool and shattered the stone.:eek:
Do not wait. Pick up the phone right now and call home office. I see that you are a new consultant. They will send you out a new stone right away without your having to send a piece back as a guest would do. The only thing that stinks is that you have to start your seasoning process all over again.

DZmom said:
While I was coaching the host to the $500 mark she was looking at the host benefits in the catalog and said, "OH, I get 2 half-priced items at $400!! Cool!!" But who knows we'll see!

When I have host who gets focused on the 1/2 offs at $400, I always begin to focus on the fact that there is a huge free product value jump at $500...up from $60 to $90. Plus, they then get 25% off any additional items, which really adds up, especially in March. They can purchase the guest specials at their discount rate!

You may have already thought of that, but thought I would share just in case!

kelleyg said:
I'm a new consultant, and I was going to try making these next week. whats the Sandwich Ring form? Using cresent rolls instead of the pita like the Taco Ring?

Oh, and a dumb question... what does CN stand for?:)
[smarta#@ alert] It really isn't Canadian National even though we're seeing more and more CN trackage ownership down here. [/smarta#@ alert]

Ha!
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
[smarta#@ alert] It really isn't Canadian National even though we're seeing more and more CN trackage ownership down here. [/smarta#@ alert]

Very funny! hehe. I'm actually new to Canada myself, moved here from the Chicago area. So far, so good though...

About the sandwich ring...Take 2 tubes of Pillsbury french bread dough (I haven't vound generic brand yet) and put them end to end to form a circle. Pinch the ends together. Brush olive oil over it, sprinkle some Italian Seasoning Mix, and some freshly grated parmesan cheese. Put a few cuts on the top with the serrated bread knife and stick it in the oven at 350 for about 25 minutes. YUMMY. Just like subway only fancier!

yummm
speedychef said:
About the sandwich ring...Take 2 tubes of Pillsbury french bread dough (I haven't vound generic brand yet) and put them end to end to form a circle. Pinch the ends together. Brush olive oil over it, sprinkle some Italian Seasoning Mix, and some freshly grated parmesan cheese. Put a few cuts on the top with the serrated bread knife and stick it in the oven at 350 for about 25 minutes. YUMMY. Just like subway only fancier!

That sounds good, I will definately try that rather than the pita. Thanks!

Kim, I haven't found a generic that works as well as the Pillsbury branded products. Our local grocey chain has a private label that I (mistakenly) thought was maybe packaged by Pillsbury anyway. It isn't. The pizza crust is thick but doesn't roll out the way pizza dough should. The private label crescent roll dough is dry and difficult to work with. too. Being drier to start, you might think it would bake out drier, too.

It does.

Closest I've been able to find as a "deal" on Pillsbury is to buy it by the case at someplace like the Wally Club.

you know...
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Kim, I haven't found a generic that works as well as the Pillsbury branded products. Our local grocey chain has a private label that I (mistakenly) thought was maybe packaged by Pillsbury anyway. It isn't. The pizza crust is thick but doesn't roll out the way pizza dough should. The private label crescent roll dough is dry and difficult to work with. too. Being drier to start, you might think it would bake out drier, too.

It does.

Closest I've been able to find as a "deal" on Pillsbury is to buy it by the case at someplace like the Wally Club.

Thats one of the hardest things I am having to get used to here in MB. I miss some of the brands I was able to buy in the states but can't find here... oh well...
Oh, and I have used 4 rolls of the crescents so far (Pillsbury) and they fall apart into pieces as soon as I open them. The dough is sticking to the wrapper of the cans, and they all end up ripping apart no matter how gentle I am with them. Is this just me?

kelleyg said:
Thats one of the hardest things I am having to get used to here in MB. I miss some of the brands I was able to buy in the states but can't find here... oh well...
Oh, and I have used 4 rolls of the crescents so far (Pillsbury) and they fall apart into pieces as soon as I open them. The dough is sticking to the wrapper of the cans, and they all end up ripping apart no matter how gentle I am with them. Is this just me?
That's what the private label stuff does here. I'd contact Pillsbury if it were me. They charge way too much money for product that doesn't work right, and I suspect Pillsbury doesn't want that reputation, either.

(Is the prduct inside the quality window or is it outdated?)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's what the private label stuff does here. I'd contact Pillsbury if it were me. They charge way too much money for product that doesn't work right, and I suspect Pillsbury doesn't want that reputation, either.

(Is the prduct inside the quality window or is it outdated?)

I checked the date, they all said use by April 30. They were all probably from the same lot. I think i will inform them.

1. Can my broken large round stone still be used?

Unfortunately, a broken large round stone cannot be used for cooking as it may pose a safety hazard. We recommend replacing it with a new one.

2. How do I clean a broken large round stone?

You can use warm water and mild soap to clean a broken large round stone. Be careful when handling the broken pieces to avoid injury. Discard any large or sharp fragments.

3. Can I get a replacement for my broken large round stone?

Yes, we offer a limited lifetime warranty on our large round stones. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with a replacement.

4. How do I prevent my large round stone from breaking?

To prevent your large round stone from breaking, always avoid sudden temperature changes. Let it cool down before cleaning or placing it in the oven. Also, avoid using metal utensils on the stone.

5. Can I use a warranty to replace my broken large round stone multiple times?

Our limited lifetime warranty covers one replacement per customer. If you have already received a replacement, you will need to purchase a new stone if it breaks again. However, we stand by the quality of our products and are confident that our stones will last for years to come with proper care.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefZee
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pctharper