• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I broke my Large Round Stone!! Caprese Sandwiches?

DZmom

Veteran Member
Jun 20, 2005
1,063
2
Last night after my show I was packing up and put the stone, Large SA Platter, a small and medium square in my Carry All, the host asked for more order forms and the bag fell off the barstool and shattered the stone.:eek: The weird thing is it landed on top of all the SA pieces and NONE OF THEM BROKE!!:confused: I have an extra luckily, but still yet I can't believe that happened. Especially after the show was a flop compared to my last 3 or 4. I have one booking and another one that is tentatively scheduled for April, but sales are only $308 right now. There's still several orders still to come, but I don't see them getting too much higher. While I was coaching the host to the $500 mark she was looking at the host benefits in the catalog and said, "OH, I get 2 half-priced items at $400!! Cool!!" But who knows we'll see!

By the way, what type of bread it everyone using for the Caprese Sandwiches? I used the pita bread and it was very hard and brittle after baking. I am thinking of trying the Flat-out bread or Gordita shells before I make them at another show.
 

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
3,006
399
Bummer about your stone. But on the up side- 2 more days til Kit Enhancement Month!!!
 

speedychef

Veteran Member
Aug 24, 2005
1,036
0
I have been making it in Sandwich Ring form as suggested in one of the CNs. I LOVE it. It's easier, and feeds more people. It's also more practical; it's something you would actually make for your family as a meal instead of just appetizers. Who eats appetizers other than at a party or restaurant? Not me! Hey honey! Let's have appetizers with our dinner tonight...as though making dinner isn't enough work...
 

barbchan

Member
Mar 16, 2006
130
0
I'm glad you brought up the caprese sandwiches. I was very dissapointed in them. The taste was really good but they were a crumbly mess and nothing I'd want to try to put together again. I just may have to try this sandwich ring form.
 
Mar 17, 2006
13
0
.

speedychef said:
I have been making it in Sandwich Ring form as suggested in one of the CNs. I LOVE it. It's easier, and feeds more people. It's also more practical; it's something you would actually make for your family as a meal instead of just appetizers. Who eats appetizers other than at a party or restaurant? Not me! Hey honey! Let's have appetizers with our dinner tonight...as though making dinner isn't enough work...

I'm a new consultant, and I was going to try making these next week. whats the Sandwich Ring form? Using cresent rolls instead of the pita like the Taco Ring?

Oh, and a dumb question... what does CN stand for?:)
 

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
3,408
2
I can't help with what the sandwich ring version is...I'm from Canada and haven't seen that version but I can help with the CN thing...Consultant News.
New name for the KCN :)
 
Mar 17, 2006
13
0
thanks

kcjodih said:
I can't help with what the sandwich ring version is...I'm from Canada and haven't seen that version but I can help with the CN thing...Consultant News.
New name for the KCN :)

Thanks, that helps. Still new to the PC Jargon...
 
Feb 14, 2006
105
0
Have any of you watched the Spring Into Success 2006 DVD? OMG, it is hilarious! If you need a good laugh and a little inspiration, watch the Recipe section of the DVD. I watched it on my computer while my son was watching cartoons. They have a professional chef on there showing you how to prepare the Italiana Recipes and its so funny because its in super fast forward motion. I was cracking up watching it the other day...especially when she was making the Caprese Sand. When she's getting ready to chop up the nuts and basil, the nuts keep falling off. LOL, just my whacked out sense of humor I guess. :D

~Kristen
 

rwesterpchef

Advanced Member
Nov 24, 2004
504
0
Call 888-our-chef

DZmom said:
Last night after my show I was packing up and put the stone, Large SA Platter, a small and medium square in my Carry All, the host asked for more order forms and the bag fell off the barstool and shattered the stone.:eek:
Do not wait. Pick up the phone right now and call home office. I see that you are a new consultant. They will send you out a new stone right away without your having to send a piece back as a guest would do. The only thing that stinks is that you have to start your seasoning process all over again.
 

nikked

Senior Member
Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
2,133
7
DZmom said:
While I was coaching the host to the $500 mark she was looking at the host benefits in the catalog and said, "OH, I get 2 half-priced items at $400!! Cool!!" But who knows we'll see!

When I have host who gets focused on the 1/2 offs at $400, I always begin to focus on the fact that there is a huge free product value jump at $500...up from $60 to $90. Plus, they then get 25% off any additional items, which really adds up, especially in March. They can purchase the guest specials at their discount rate!

You may have already thought of that, but thought I would share just in case!
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
kelleyg said:
I'm a new consultant, and I was going to try making these next week. whats the Sandwich Ring form? Using cresent rolls instead of the pita like the Taco Ring?

Oh, and a dumb question... what does CN stand for?:)
[smarta#@ alert] It really isn't Canadian National even though we're seeing more and more CN trackage ownership down here. [/smarta#@ alert]
 
Mar 17, 2006
13
0
Ha!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
[smarta#@ alert] It really isn't Canadian National even though we're seeing more and more CN trackage ownership down here. [/smarta#@ alert]

Very funny! hehe. I'm actually new to Canada myself, moved here from the Chicago area. So far, so good though...
 

speedychef

Veteran Member
Aug 24, 2005
1,036
0
About the sandwich ring...Take 2 tubes of Pillsbury french bread dough (I haven't vound generic brand yet) and put them end to end to form a circle. Pinch the ends together. Brush olive oil over it, sprinkle some Italian Seasoning Mix, and some freshly grated parmesan cheese. Put a few cuts on the top with the serrated bread knife and stick it in the oven at 350 for about 25 minutes. YUMMY. Just like subway only fancier!
 
Mar 17, 2006
13
0
yummm

speedychef said:
About the sandwich ring...Take 2 tubes of Pillsbury french bread dough (I haven't vound generic brand yet) and put them end to end to form a circle. Pinch the ends together. Brush olive oil over it, sprinkle some Italian Seasoning Mix, and some freshly grated parmesan cheese. Put a few cuts on the top with the serrated bread knife and stick it in the oven at 350 for about 25 minutes. YUMMY. Just like subway only fancier!


That sounds good, I will definately try that rather than the pita. Thanks!
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
Kim, I haven't found a generic that works as well as the Pillsbury branded products. Our local grocey chain has a private label that I (mistakenly) thought was maybe packaged by Pillsbury anyway. It isn't. The pizza crust is thick but doesn't roll out the way pizza dough should. The private label crescent roll dough is dry and difficult to work with. too. Being drier to start, you might think it would bake out drier, too.

It does.

Closest I've been able to find as a "deal" on Pillsbury is to buy it by the case at someplace like the Wally Club.
 
Mar 17, 2006
13
0
you know...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Kim, I haven't found a generic that works as well as the Pillsbury branded products. Our local grocey chain has a private label that I (mistakenly) thought was maybe packaged by Pillsbury anyway. It isn't. The pizza crust is thick but doesn't roll out the way pizza dough should. The private label crescent roll dough is dry and difficult to work with. too. Being drier to start, you might think it would bake out drier, too.

It does.

Closest I've been able to find as a "deal" on Pillsbury is to buy it by the case at someplace like the Wally Club.

Thats one of the hardest things I am having to get used to here in MB. I miss some of the brands I was able to buy in the states but can't find here... oh well...
Oh, and I have used 4 rolls of the crescents so far (Pillsbury) and they fall apart into pieces as soon as I open them. The dough is sticking to the wrapper of the cans, and they all end up ripping apart no matter how gentle I am with them. Is this just me?
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
kelleyg said:
Thats one of the hardest things I am having to get used to here in MB. I miss some of the brands I was able to buy in the states but can't find here... oh well...
Oh, and I have used 4 rolls of the crescents so far (Pillsbury) and they fall apart into pieces as soon as I open them. The dough is sticking to the wrapper of the cans, and they all end up ripping apart no matter how gentle I am with them. Is this just me?
That's what the private label stuff does here. I'd contact Pillsbury if it were me. They charge way too much money for product that doesn't work right, and I suspect Pillsbury doesn't want that reputation, either.

(Is the prduct inside the quality window or is it outdated?)
 
Mar 17, 2006
13
0
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's what the private label stuff does here. I'd contact Pillsbury if it were me. They charge way too much money for product that doesn't work right, and I suspect Pillsbury doesn't want that reputation, either.

(Is the prduct inside the quality window or is it outdated?)

I checked the date, they all said use by April 30. They were all probably from the same lot. I think i will inform them.
 
Top