• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fedex Delivery Delay: My Experience with Sell-a-Thon Products and Samples

In summary, Tracy's package didn't arrive and she called UPS who said that sometimes packages get switched and her package ended up being delivered to someone else's house.
chefann
Gold Member
I got my Sell-a-Thon products and some of my ordered samples yesterday. They were fine (luckily!).

I'm excited to get my changeover box and the rest of my samples, so I pulled up the information using the method that's been posted. Both of the boxes that are on their way (1 of ordered samples, 1 changeover box) are, as of this morning, listed as "On truck for delivery." YAY! However-- there's a note for each of them that "Delivery is being held until the next business day." What?!? :confused: They're supposed to deliver on Saturdays for us! I am going to call on Monday and give them a piece of my mind (not that I can spare much).

<end of rant> Thanks for letting me vent.

Ann,

I'm not sure, but I think that the entire "when FedEx delivers" story has gotten mixed up.

As I said before, I get a FedEx at my house every other Monday. It is sent from a business address. Quite often, if I'm tracking it (which I do most of the time!) it shows "on truck, hold for next business day delivery" on Saturday.

If they want a Saturday delivery, it costs twice as much. So even if my FedEx hits my hometown distribution center in time to make the Saturday truck, it doesn't get delivered on Saturday because ONLY those packages which paid the extra fee go out on Saturday. I think that maybe someone got confused and said "no delivery on MONDAY" instead of "no delivery on SATURDAY."

To make me extra frustrated, my brother-in-law is my FedEx driver and he can't even bring the package home for me to pick up from him on Saturday when he gets off of work!

Hopefully HO will eventually get this situation clarified.

Ann

From The Pampered Chef Consultant's Corner, FedEx link on lower left of home page:

"After careful consideration, we’ve decided to change our shipping vendor to provide you and your customers with
the best service, price and convenience. Effective Jan. 15, 2007, FedEx will be shipping Pampered Chef® orders.
Here are the key benefits you and your customers will enjoy because of this change:
• Convenient delivery: FedEx Home Delivery® delivers Tuesday through Saturday, and delivery times
extend to 8 p.m. — even on Saturdays."

PC has apparently chosen to use FedEx Home delivery, which for a fee as stated before and according to the FedEx site, delivers Tues through Sat. Other FedEx shipping styles deliver Mon-Fri.

Rather than getting upset right now, wait until 8pm and then call the Fed Ex office to inquire upon the whereabouts of your shipment. Then perhaps take it to the Home Office.

As much as we like getting our stuff as soon as possible, let's all have a little patience and kindness towards the companies and drivers. I am sure they are trying to get used to all this. We all know the UPS site did not reflect actual delivers all the time.

Robin

I know, Robin. I'm going to wait until Monday, then call HO and verify that their contract with FE includes Sat delivery. And then I'm going to call the FE office that handles my route and determine if they even offer Sat delivery from that office.
It just got me mad that I have to wait longer for it, when it's already ON the truck!

Oops- I just realized that I should have put this in a different area, since it's not product related. Sorry!

Call FedEx now! Find out what is going on, they may be able to get the delivery changed. There is supposed to be dedicated PC support there:

" Basic Information
What is the toll-free number for FedEx customer
service?
1-800-GoFedEx
1-800-463-3339
What is the FedEx Web site address?
fedex.com
Will FedEx provide a dedicated support team for The
Pampered Chef®?
Yes. Their hours of operation will be 6:30 a.m. to 8:30
p.m. CT."

They must have Sat delivery going, I received my changeover stuff today (Sat, in case the time shows something different : ) ). If they tell you the delivery is Mon-Fri, explain the contract with PC is for Home Delivery, therefore should be delivered T-S. Also, fine print says they cannot guarantee a specific delivery day...same as UPS.

Good luck with this, and maybe it will be in tonight. You still have several hours.

Robin

I don't want to make you fume more, but I got my change over kit at 10am this saturday morning...

I got mine today - the change over that is.

Here's my tracking number if you want to check

Oh Ann, I am sorry to hear this. I hope that you get everything sorted out.

Tracy

When I got my computer, tracking information said it was on the UPS truck for delivery that day. It didn't arrive. I called UPS and they said that sometimes, packages get slated to go on a truck, and will not fit... and get bumped to the next day.Obviously, that's more likely to happen with a computer than the little bitty changeover kit, but I wonder if something similar to that might have been the situation?I got my changeover kit today - so Fedex delivers around here on Saturdays, anyway.

chefann said:
I got my Sell-a-Thon products and some of my ordered samples yesterday. They were fine (luckily!).

I'm excited to get my changeover box and the rest of my samples, so I pulled up the information using the method that's been posted. Both of the boxes that are on their way (1 of ordered samples, 1 changeover box) are, as of this morning, listed as "On truck for delivery." YAY! However-- there's a note for each of them that "Delivery is being held until the next business day." What?!? :confused: They're supposed to deliver on Saturdays for us! I am going to call on Monday and give them a piece of my mind (not that I can spare much).

<end of rant> Thanks for letting me vent.

Anne...

I am in Ypsilanti,Michigan and I got my box today, Saturday. I can't tell you why I did and you didn't.

We might have to bear with Fed Ex a bit. Anyone get anything from Fed Ex on a Monday yet?

posting :)
chefann said:
Oops- I just realized that I should have put this in a different area, since it's not product related. Sorry!

HI Ann:

Sorry you didn't get your changeover kit :( I did get mine today, I got home after running tons of errands and saw that FED X had been here but when I got to the door stated left at front door and didn't see it :( then I opened my screen door and there it was. *(I have a typed note on door for UPS, FED EX, DHL, etc to leave my pkgs, and if signature is needed to use my note!!)

HTH

ps: Among friends we sure don't mind your posting this here, it's the slight few others that rarely visit that try and tell us what to post where, or even better yet, just ask Gillian, JR Stephens, and Jillysue....when you were phoning Gillian with Leadership info. Someone else posted on our thread telling us no ?'s were allowed, I asked them all who does she think she is/was telling us regulars who thought of the special thread how and what to post!!!
She was very nasty to JR Stephen's and Jillysue too. *right now I can't think of her screen name and I was about to tell her off too, maybe she'll see this and get the point!!!

Liz

I got my changeover kit from Fedex today.

This is the third day in a row he's been here - Thursday to deliver a supply order, (that had 125 catalogs in it that I didn't even order) Friday for a Catalog Show order and then today for the changeover kit.

Today He knocked on the door and I was glad I got to speak with him (dh saw him the last two days, I work during the week) I apologized profusely for the box with all the kits - He was extremely polite said it was no problem at all and asked if it was okay to leave boxes on the corner of our porch.

He said Pampered Chef is a new account for them and they've got a lot of boxes they've been delivering and just want to make sure that we're happy.

I was pretty impressed!

Perhaps there was a miscommunication in the area where you live?:confused:

I didn't get mine either. I am not happy :( I will call Monday and see if I can pick it up as I am within walking distance of fedex

And so it begins...

I hope it works out with FedEx. I just had a giant snafu from them - and am still trying to get my money back 2 months later. (Denied by cargo claims, now has to go to some other claim place because THEY screwed up and wouldn't deliver my 3-box shipment way back when)

FYI I got my changeover kit today - Seattle suburb, but no products yet. The guy was overly smiley and cheerful, almost creepy.

I hope they get it worked out. Tell HO what's happening.

A consultant friend tells me PC used FedEx about 6 years ago, but switched back to UPS from so many complaints. Keep those lines humming to HO - so they can fix what's wrong, they can be informed, and can represent us well.

scottcooks said:
A consultant friend tells me PC used FedEx about 6 years ago, but switched back to UPS from so many complaints. Keep those lines humming to HO - so they can fix what's wrong, they can be informed, and can represent us well.

My Brown guy told me this as well. He said FedEx lures companies in with really low rates...then after a few months hikes them up and the companies come a' runnin back to Brown...it's all just heresay, but who knows...

priscilla said:
There is supposed to be dedicated PC support there:

" Basic Information
What is the toll-free number for FedEx customer
service?
1-800-GoFedEx
1-800-463-3339
What is the FedEx Web site address?
fedex.com
Will FedEx provide a dedicated support team for The
Pampered Chef®?
Yes. Their hours of operation will be 6:30 a.m. to 8:30
p.m. CT."
Guess I should have read the info on CC a little more closely, huh? Well, it's too late now for me to call, but I'm printing out the tracking with the comment about waiting until the next business day so I have documentation.

I got my change over kit yesterday, but I wasn't happy w/my Fed Ex guy!!

I checked in the morning on their web site and it said it was on the truck for delivery. I waited until 8:30 and had no package. I then logged in again to see if there was a status. It said "Delieverd by garage!" So I get my winter coat on (w/pj's underneath) and go out looking for it in the dark (not a pretty site)! Sure enough it was behind one of my big bushes!!!! Needless to say I was not happy! I have a covered porch where my boxes were ALWAYS left by my UPS guy. I think the Fed Ex guy was too lazy to walk a few extra feet!! I'm just glad it didn't get wet!

I'm happy w/the speed I have gotten my boxes (only 1 day from when they have been shipped - I'm only couple hours from Chicago) but he better not leave my boxes there again. I guess maybe he tought it wouldn't get stolen that way. I don't know.

Good luck everyone else.

I too have had problems with fedex. First, I don't have my changeover kit yet either. But more importantly, I had a host receive 8 0f 9 boxes of her show order on Wed. Box #4 was supposed to be delivered thurs. When no box showed up by friday I went online and it said something along the lines of "no one available to accept order or business closed". So I called fedex and go the run around and after the 2nd call to them was finally told that the driver wasn't comfortable leaving the box at the house. At first they tried to tell me that the package required a delviery but I told them real quick that that was a bunch of baloney. I can't understand why it was ok one day to leave 8 boxes but all of a sudden they didn't feel "comfortable" leaving 1 box!!!!!! The rep said that drivers are held responsible if they leave a package and something happens to it. I was told to contact my host and have her leave a note on her door asking them to leave the box. This made me so mad because I feel it's very unprofessional to ask her to do this. Luckily she's a friend and a co-worker so she won't mind at all. I called PC and told them about the problem and they weren't too sympathetic. I'm afraid this is the beginning of the end. I mean, how are we supposed to know when a driver is going to feel "comforatble" leaving a package and when they are not. I just have a bad feeling about this whole thing. Sorry this is so long but when I saw this post I just had to chime in with my dilema.

One more thing....can someone tell me how I can check the status of my changeover shipment?

Ok, so I had a FedEx problem today too. I was on here browsing this evening and saw how we could go check to see where our change over kits were. So I go on and it says mine was delivered and left at the front door (I was so excited). I open the door...not there. I called the customer service number and was told that they would call the driver immediately and that I would be receiving a call from the driver. Two and a half hours later, no call. I called back and the lady told me they would have to send someone out to look for the box, but it probably wouldn't be until Tuesday. Tuesday??? So, I'm going to call HO on Monday. I have a feeling I'll never see the first kit that was supposively delivered. I got my Sell-A-Thon things very fast and had an order delivered in two days that I submitted last week (I'm in Virginia so that's awesome :)). I'm hoping that this is just a little glitch, but I can honestly say my UPS guy never made this mistake :)

nickywsn said:
One more thing....can someone tell me how I can check the status of my changeover shipment?
nevermind...I found it.

I checked my shipment and it says it is to be delivered January 29th...Monday. I hope it arrives. I am getting tired of waiting for it. I want to order my products and my supplies, but I want to look at the new paperwork first.

Okay, so this is my time to chime in... I can't wait to get my change over kit and i go on to check the status--they tried to deliver it today...BUT they tried to deliver it in a town an hour away from me? It said wrong address..i mean how could they not tell the difference between florence and green sea....lol...they aren't even similar. I'm not sure what to do.

I got my changeover box this evening, the Fedex man/woman (not sure, only saw the truck on the road) rang the doorbell and to my surprise as to what was there sitting on my porch. I was so excited about getting my delivery on a Saturday night around 7:30. So far, I have no complaints about my FEDEX person, so hopefully everyone's issues will work out real soon. Hang in there everyone.

I got my changeover kit from Fedex today. I am happy that I got the kit, but I am not too happy that they left it on my doorstep. You see, I live in an apartment complex, and when UPS did the deliveries they would leave it in the front office and I would know that it was secure. I don't know what to do about this.

Whenever there is issues, just keep letting HO know. I mean we shouldn't bombard them with petty issues. No company is perfect and we all need to give them a chance, but if honestly UPS is better than hey..UPS is better.

When UPS switched drivers on us (our regular was given a different route - my job is on that route so I would see him and that's what he told me) the new driver put the boxes in the garage and not on the porch where we want them. After I contacted UPS with my reasons why I didn't want things left there I never had another problem with where things were left.

FedEx had always put packages on the porch but the first order with multiple boxes was left at the garage (We do not as a rule walk around the car before pulling out and could not have seen those boxes! Luckily I was LOOKING for them because it said "delivered"). I emailed my complaint to FedEx and they were immediately responsive. Today's delivery was left at the door.

Every person has a different idea on where a safe place is to leave the packages and what the customer wants. It is a good idea to put a sign up somewhere with instructions to the driver as to where to leave your packages if you have too many problems.

Oh, and, I have a box waiting for a call slip and when I said something to him about it he asked what was wrong with it. I said the product was broken and he looked upset like was it FedEx's fault? I told him that the boxes were in perfect shape so I didn't know why they were broken. Good! I hope the actually DO care.

You know, for those who said about FedEx not leaving packages because it's up to the driver... UPS has the EXACT same policy. My personal opinion is that overall, FedEx is better. I shipped both companies every day to all over the US in my job, and even though I shipped far more FE, I had far less claims for them than UPS packages. A lot of you seem to have gone into this already thinking FE is going to be terrible because you like UPS. Give them a chance! :) With both FE and UPS home delivery they don't have a guarantee like the air services do, so if the driver runs out of time, your package will get delivered the following business day. Heck, anything could have happened, the driver's truck could have broken down. Happened to me here in the UK a few weeks back, it was shown as "recipient not home" but I called to raise hell and they said his truck broke down!

britishchef said:
You know, for those who said about FedEx not leaving packages because it's up to the driver... UPS has the EXACT same policy. My personal opinion is that overall, FedEx is better. I shipped both companies every day to all over the US in my job, and even though I shipped far more FE, I had far less claims for them than UPS packages. A lot of you seem to have gone into this already thinking FE is going to be terrible because you like UPS. Give them a chance! :)

I totally agree. I completely sympathize with Ann. I understand how frusterating this is. I mean seriously, this is our business we are talking about! BUT - keep in mind they want to "please" just as we do. Some might not take it too seriously, but that is when you need to contact Fed Ex and let them know their driver wasn't up to par. I said a few days ago that I had just met my FE guy and he was really cool. He said that he was actually an Independent Contractor and that he would try really hard to do what he needs to do (within reason) to help with what I needed.

I completely loved the fact that he wanted a note to say that it was okay to deliver without me there. I wouldn't want him leaving it there, and then it stolen. :( And I also could understand where he is coming from considering that he explained that when a customer would sue over something being stolen or whatnot. They wouldn't be suing FED EX. They would be taking it up with him since he is an Independent Contractor. So maybe just think about being a little bit more patient with them so they can get the swing of things. They must be on information overload, just as we are right now. :eek:

BTW - I "disliked" my UPS guy. (Or the way he handled business anyway)

Good Luck with everything - And for the record I had my change over kit delivered Saturday morning. :eek:

I got mine yesterday..... my husband called me at work.. (yes I work on Saturdays) to let me know that I got a package from HO...I am sorry Ann though

I like our Fedex person...when I went outside to get my changeover kit yesterday she turned around (she was almost back to her truck) waved, smiled and said hi. All of my box's have been in perfect shape so far. Some of my box's from UPS were so mangled I was surprised that everything inside of them were not broken.

Scott,
Do you ever visit the Seattle travel book store it is owned by my sister in law

mbh06 said:
I don't want to make you fume more, but I got my change over kit at 10am this saturday morning...

I got my changeover kit and trifle bowl on Saturday morning, too. It was in one piece, but I don't like my FE driver AT ALL!!!

I WANT MY UPS GUY BACK!!! :( :mad: :(

I got my changeover box Yesterday (Saturday)Was surprised to see them. But it was a fun surprise.

Wish they would attempt to put stuff inside my Garrage like UPS did. The 2 times FED EX has been here they have not even knocked. Just dropped boxes and ran.

Last edited:
I got my change over box yesterday but trifle bowl:(

I have stuff delivered to my parents house and have no problem. They live on a private road so things are fine there. However, it would be so much easier if I could have them delivered to me, but I live in a condo and I know that UPS would leave things here without a signature IN PERSON! That was annoying. I don't know if Fedex would leave it or not.

I got my changeover paper work yesterday morning at 9:00 a.m.! I was like who is ringing my doorbell at that time of the morning?!:) My husband answered and he said the guy thanked him "for the Pampered Chef business." Anyone else get that? They probably were told to be extra nice.:)

Kristen: We don't need to sign for our packages from Pampered Chef as that is their agreement with FedEx.

Amy: My FedEx guy was real nice yesterday and also made a comment about now delivering for Pampered Chef. He asked me roughly how many packages I get a month from them and if I had a special spot for him to leave them if I am not home. I thought that was real nice. I gave him my business card and a package of Twix-It Clips. He was surprised and happy and told me that his wife will be thrilled to get them when he gets home. I am hoping he brings me more than just my trifle on Wednesday--maybe a booking or an order from his wife!

Teresa Lynn said:
Scott,
Do you ever visit the Seattle travel book store it is owned by my sister in law

No have not had much opportunity to travel.

I was hopeful for this new service from FEDEX even though I loved UPS and never once had a problem with them!
So I am supposed to get my 1st shipment for FE and lo and behold it comes up missing! Tracking states it delivered last night at 8:37pm, (DH was home lights were on..) I got home at 9pm from a show and nothing was left on my porch as claimed. I am fuumming because this was my trifle bowl I believe and it was shipped from HO 1/17/07 so 10 days later it was supposed to arrive!!! UPS only took 6 days! And I am still waiting for my Changeover kit!!! Can you say pissed off!

chefkristin said:
I have stuff delivered to my parents house and have no problem. They live on a private road so things are fine there. However, it would be so much easier if I could have them delivered to me, but I live in a condo and I know that UPS would leave things here without a signature IN PERSON! That was annoying. I don't know if Fedex would leave it or not.

Hey Kristin:

I live in a Apt. and my FE guy said for me to just sign like a bunch of sticky notes and he can use those when I am not home. I was also able to talk to my guy on where to put them if I am not home. :)

So far I haven't had any problems. My UPS guy was nice, but so far, so is Fed Ex. One of my hosts had her show delivered on Thursday, and it arrived at 11:48 PM!!!! Her husband was still awake and answered the door (the Fed Ex guy didn't knock, he was just going to leave them on the stoop, but the husband heard the truck). They got talking and Fed Ex guy said that with Pampered Chef he has an additional 30 stops EACH DAY! Now it might be 30 add'l stops just for now because of the sellathon and changeover kits, but still...This poor guy was still delivering at midnight!! Last night the same host got the last of her packages at 10:11 pm. Her guy is dedicated! (Or maybe very slow?)

Diane

Diane:

I don't like hearing about those late deliveries. That is totally wrong! Do call HO and tell them about it. I don't think that's what they had in mind for our service. Dedicated or not FedEx can't be doing this at late hours. If our account is too much for them they need to accomodate and put more people on. Granted this only happens twice a year or three times a year with the volume all at once but I would think someone would have told them to expect it.

Although I do think it was nice that my host got her order, I have to admit that I wouldn't be too thrilled to have that late of a delivery...especially if you're a light sleeper and you wake up to a truck in your driveway...or wake up in the morning to 9 boxes...or wake up to find your 9 boxes were stolen during the night!

The Fed Ex guy told the host's husband that they are putting more people on, but they still have to be trained, etc. I know that the two times my Fed Ex guy was here there was someone else in the truck with him.

Like anything, it'll take time to work out the bugs...

Diane

I know Diane but on the same token it may hurt our shows if people tell others about how late the deliveries came. I don't think I would be happy about getting a delivery that late at night especially if I had young kids.

The bugs will be taken care of in time but it is the now that is the problem. I guess we can't all win at the moment.

I agree that for me at least the late night deliveries are horrible. They always come right when I am putting my kids to bed. I have all my shows sent to me, so it really is going to be bothersome if they don't start coming earlier.

I think they should not make deliveries after about 8 pm. I would very mad if I got a package at 10 or 11.

The delivery stories are something else. Some people are getting their shipments, some aren't, some are coming at crazy hours, some are delivered to the wrong address. It's so mind boggling! I only hope that after this week is over and all of the so called "extras" that we are waiting for are done and we are back to just shows and supply orders and sample orders we will really see what they do.

I would still be up at 10 or 11, so I don't mind a late delivery. However, I feel sorry for the FedX guys. They don't have to deliver it after 8. They could wait till the next day. They are being nice to us. It should work itself out in a few weeks. They probably had no idea how many packages they would be delivering. I had trouble with UPS many times. They always worked hard to fix the problem. I am sure FedX will too. We need to be nice...and patient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD