• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

FedEx Saves the Day: A Satisfied Customer Story

In summary, the FedEx Home Delivery truck just dropped off a changeover kit for Brown, which will allow her to start working on her project sooner. The summary also mentions that the UPS man was better looking, but that the FedEx guy is good looking too. Finally, the summary mentions that the package may go all the way to Portland by plane, and that the FedEx guy is trying to be as quiet as possible.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
It is 4:10 PM on Saturday.

The FedEx Home Delivery truck just dropped my changeover kit. With Brown, I would have had to wait until Monday...and I'm leaving for Missouri tomorrow for a minimum of 10 days, possibly as long at two weeks.

That means, thanks to FedEx, I have my new materials two weeks before I might have been able to get them with Brown.

I already like the cute little log with the puppy carrying a box, but today's service makes me officially a fan.

Still waiting for my 1st packages from FEdex so I cannot compare yet? Although I loved my UPS guy, I hope FE is just a good!?

I don't know...Saturday delivery is great, but I liked my UPS man much better. He knew where to put my boxes when it was raining...I guess I will have to start all over again training a new guy.

Okay our FedEx guy is really good looking and young! Woohoo! I am happily married, but it is just the little things in life... hehe. Also, delivered same time yesterday and today at around 10am. Very nice! UPS delivers around 6pm at my house and we have a grumpy old man so I am very excited!!! We live w/ the inlaws so MIL was excited that the FedEx guy was good looking too!!

I vote for UPS!! My UPS man put my stuff in my porch, the fedex man leaves it outside!

Hmm, not lookin good for FE! I just tracked my trifle bowl (according to HO it shipped out 1/17/07) expected delivery Feb. 1st!! Oh, please don't tell me it will take that long with every order!!

I life the fed ex service alot! I like Saturday deliveries. Also, when tracking my package, I've discovered that each time that they get a box, they scan it and it goes on the truck for delivery that very same day! Now that is cool. With UPS, you'd have to wait for the next day! :eek: ! It was always that way, even if it arrived early in the morning, I wouldn't get it until the next day!
The one thing I think is odd, is that I live in the Inland Northwest (WA), just about 10-15 miles from Idaho and my package goes all the way to Portland, Oregon, from Chicago. I just think that it's weird that they would go all the way to the other side of the state and one state down and then bring it back!:rolleyes: :confused: , Kinda odd!
I do miss my UPS man, he was trained well! He would put everything on my back porch! He wasn't good looking but he had a great personality and I enjoyed talking with him. Oh well, I will have to talk to my fedex people and see! Today I had a woman, but I think I had a guy 3 days ago!

There is no easy explanation for logistics, except to say that it works. You package may go all the way to Portland by plane, or it may be on a trailer that makes no stops until Portland. It may seem silly but it is probably much easier and faster that way.It drives me crazy to fly to San Francisco from Milwaukee by way of Detroit or Memphis but that's the way the routes go!

I have to give two thumbs up for FedEx too!

I got a phone call earlier this afternoon asking if they had "XXXXX Street" Yes, that is my address, I say (wondering just who the heck is this?!?!)
He says he is my Fed Ex driver and that he is two towns over and is having truck trouble. He has two PC boxes to deliver to me, but because of the trouble with his truck, he doesn't think he will get his entire route finished. Why did he call me? "I just wanted to be sure that you didn't need these products for a party tonight." :) :) :) :)

I just about fell over!! I told him, no I didn't need them right away, but thanked him TONS for calling me and checking. Then, I told him that I would see him Monday or Tuesday (for some reason I think I read that they deliver Tues through Sat....am I right?) and he tells me: "You don't have to wait that long, I will bring them out to you in the morning. I will try to be as quiet as possible so I don't wake anyone." HUH?!?!:confused: I am SURE that they normally don't deliver on Sundays!!

Anyhow, I made up a little bag for him and taped it on my door with a Thank You note, a SB, a Quickut knife and a Twixit closing up the bag.
So far, I am impressed...at least with my driver!:D :D :D :D

Does anyone know who to contact in PC to pass along this complement?

I, too, and very pleased with FE so far. I live down the road from FE Distribution center and my deliveries have been delivered by 8am - UPS was here 5-6pm!!! Also I like the Sat. deliveries!!!! I'm anxious to hear what my hosts have to say about their deliveries.

I have been getting my FedEx deliveries about 2 days before the EXPECTED delivery date that originally goes up. AND if they ever finish the FedEx hub in Greensboro (about an hour from me) I bet deliveries will even be quicker! WOO HOO!

I'm happy with FE so far! I've been getting my packages by noon! When I started PC, my UPS would come between 1-3, but lately it was not until 5-6 or later. So I'm loving the earlier time! Gives me a chance to go through it during nap time, with no doorbell ringing during nap time to wake the kids! I also haven't had any problems with dented boxes. They are always neatly stacked by my front door. Haven't met my delivery person yet--haven't been home yet when they've delivered!

KellyTheChef said:

I got a phone call earlier this afternoon asking if they had "XXXXX Street" Yes, that is my address, I say (wondering just who the heck is this?!?!)
He says he is my Fed Ex driver and that he is two towns over and is having truck trouble. He has two PC boxes to deliver to me, but because of the trouble with his truck, he doesn't think he will get his entire route finished. Why did he call me? "I just wanted to be sure that you didn't need these products for a party tonight." :) :) :) :)

I just about fell over!! I told him, no I didn't need them right away, but thanked him TONS for calling me and checking. Then, I told him that I would see him Monday or Tuesday (for some reason I think I read that they deliver Tues through Sat....am I right?) and he tells me: "You don't have to wait that long, I will bring them out to you in the morning. I will try to be as quiet as possible so I don't wake anyone." HUH?!?!:confused: I am SURE that they normally don't deliver on Sundays!!

Anyhow, I made up a little bag for him and taped it on my door with a Thank You note, a SB, a Quickut knife and a Twixit closing up the bag.

Wow, Kelly, that is awesome!!! I dont' know who you'd contact at PC about this, though. Great idea to leave him a little thank you!

I'm pleased so far with FedEx. When I got my four packages on Thursday, the guy was very nice and put the boxes right by my garage door into the house because the garage was open. I just said that if the garage door isn't open to please bring things up to the front porch.

So far so good!

KellyTheChef said:
I'd send it to [email protected] because it doens't really matter who you send it to - a story like yours is going to get forwarded to everyone around the company faster than coupons for a free lunch at Wendy's.

(And I know which Wendy's everyone at HO goes to. ;))

So far I'm still liking brown better. My UPS man would stack the packages by my front door and knock. The FedEx driver puts them right at the top of my stairs on my deck and drives off.

How awesome is that!!!
KellyTheChef said:

I think everyone has trouble with change, even when it's for the better, but little things like that sure will help FED EX feel welcomed by many.

I think you should let home office hear about your positiveness from FED EX, as I"m sure they're hearing many negatives already, this should really make HO feel good as well :)

Liz

I guess I'm just partial because my UPS guy liked my dog and not many deliver drivers like to see a 60 ball of fur running at them top speed, even if it is only to lick them to death..lol.

lizcooks4u said:
I think everyone has trouble with change, even when it's for the better, but little things like that sure will help FED EX feel welcomed by many.

I think you should let home office hear about your positiveness from FED EX, as I"m sure they're hearing many negatives already, this should really make HO feel good as well :)

Liz
That's what I told her: Notify Field Service

I am so far pleased with my FEDEX deliveries. Tonight I received my changeover kit around 730 at night . Love those Saturday evening deliveries! Keep up the good work FEDEX!

When Joe came to deliver my changeover kit today, I had a catalog waiting for him (as I had promised) and then he asked for another one to give to a coworker! Seems all the FedEx guys are trying to figure out what we're about. :)

We'll see how much he loves me next week when he brings my supply order of 400 catalogs. :)

I love Fed Ex. My Fed Ex driver actually rang the doorbell and waited for me to answer (UPS rang once and left). He introduced himself, asked if I wanted him to leave boxes on the porch if I wasn't home, and where exactly I wanted them left.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
There is no easy explanation for logistics, except to say that it works. You package may go all the way to Portland by plane, or it may be on a trailer that makes no stops until Portland. It may seem silly but it is probably much easier and faster that way.

It drives me crazy to fly to San Francisco from Milwaukee by way of Detroit or Memphis but that's the way the routes go!
Actually it has to do in part with which airports the hubs are in whether it's a FedEx delivery or a flight plan for a commercial airline. They happen to be building a major FedEx hub at the airport 1 hour from me!

I guess I am easy to please. I have no preference just as long as they leave them it tact. My dogs prefer the UPS lady as she always left milk bones for them. However, when she was not on duty, her replacement guys would NEVER leave my packages at the door (signature required) When I asked the regular route driver why, she said it was due to the previous owner of the house complaining about not getting shipment. She explained that the complaint stays with the address not the addressee. But she knew the difference, that's why she just "dropped and dashed".

Today, my change over kit arrived while I was gone. The
FE guy left his business card on my shipment. How nice was that?
When my show was delivered last week, the FE driver noticed that it was box 4 of 4 (and he only had the one box) He seemed very conscience in making sure that I hadn't gotten 1-3 yet. Told him that the whole delivery wasn't even expected until the next day. Just thought it was nice of him to take the time to find out. Valky

I am sorry that some of you are having problems with the delivery. I happen to know my fed ex and ups guys (very small town) When my kit came today, my fed ex guy came to my back door (always does) and waited on me to answer. He didn't know I was a consultant and he asked if I got PC regular shipments (like other ds companies mail out each month). His wife "used to dabble in PC" so of course he got a new catalog to take to her. I would suggest to those of you that have problems leave a note for the driver when you will be receiving the next shipment, maybe that will help. Hopefully after the rush of this month the problems will be fixed. Wishing all of you a successful season.:)

FedEx won pts with me already too. Delivered my changeover kit yesterday (expected next week) and they came in the afternoon as NOT to wake DH up, like UPS used to when he worked nights!!!

My FedEx lady was just as nice and she could be and delivered around lunch, so, not to much later than UPS.

I am just concerned about no delivery on Monday b/c for some reason it always seemed like my stuff came on Monday and I do not want to have to wait until Tuesday. My stuff is delivered to my office and thankfully we are closed on Saturday, so, Saturday delivery does me no good unless I change to delivery to my house.

jrstephens said:
My FedEx lady was just as nice and she could be and delivered around lunch, so, not to much later than UPS.

I am just concerned about no delivery on Monday b/c for some reason it always seemed like my stuff came on Monday and I do not want to have to wait until Tuesday. My stuff is delivered to my office and thankfully we are closed on Saturday, so, Saturday delivery does me no good unless I change to delivery to my house.

I would rather have Monday than Saturday, but so far so good....:rolleyes:

jrstephens said:

You can please some of the people all of the time, and
you can please all of the people some of the time, but...

You can't please Jennif...wait, that's not right...

You can't please all of the people all of the time.

;)

I love Fed Ex. 'nough said. :D

1. How did FedEx save the day for this satisfied customer?

FedEx saved the day for this customer by delivering their Pampered Chef order on time, despite encountering unexpected delays and challenges during the shipping process.

2. What challenges did FedEx face while delivering the customer's order?

FedEx faced challenges such as severe weather conditions, traffic delays, and unexpected road closures while trying to deliver the customer's order.

3. How did FedEx overcome these challenges?

FedEx overcame these challenges by utilizing their advanced logistics network and working closely with their team of dedicated drivers to find alternative routes and delivery options.

4. What was the customer's reaction to the timely delivery of their order?

The customer was delighted and relieved to receive their order on time, and expressed their gratitude to both Pampered Chef and FedEx for their exceptional service.

5. How does this story showcase the reliability of FedEx as a shipping partner?

This story highlights how FedEx goes above and beyond to ensure the timely and successful delivery of their customers' orders, even in the face of unforeseen challenges. It showcases their commitment to reliability and customer satisfaction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
StephsKitchen
  • hoosierchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
fruit76loop