• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

HWC Overhead Costs: A Breakdown of Donation Allocations

In summary, the customer wanted to know what percentage of donations to HWC (ACS) go to direct programs and what percentage goes to overhead. PC does not keep any money for overhead, and 100% of donations go to the American Ca Society.
RMDave
Gold Member
I had a customer ask what percentage of donations to HWC (ACS) goes to direct programs and what percentage goes to overhead.

Good questions.

100% of donations go to the American Ca Society. PC doesn't keep any for overhead. Now what the ACS does I can't say.

BethCooks4U said:
100% of donations go to the American Ca Society. PC doesn't keep any for overhead. Now what the ACS does I can't say.

Correct. Its what ACS does that the customer(s) want to know.

Help Whip Cancer goes 100% to breast cancer awareness and prevention programs. It is restricted specifically for those purposes based on the contract ACS has with PC.

tys1031 said:
Help Whip Cancer goes 100% to breast cancer awareness and prevention programs. It is restricted specifically for those purposes based on the contract ACS has with PC.

No admin costs are charged against the account by ACS?

We were told never. Per PC's partnership agreement, no admin costs are to be taken from the monies donated by us or our customers.

pampered1224 said:
We were told never. Per PC's partnership agreement, no admin costs are to be taken from the monies donated by us or our customers.

Thanks. I had a woman who is a professional fundraiser for non-profits go crazy at a party today. She wanted to see the contract or official documentation that none of the direct donations or donations via PC sales were going to ACS overhead. She made such a stink that not one person bought a pink item. I was none too pleased.

Wow, good thing not everyone has that mindset! If no one wanted their donations to cover overhead, ACS would have to close its doors.

pampchefsarah said:
Wow, good thing not everyone has that mindset! If no one wanted their donations to cover overhead, ACS would have to close its doors.

That's true, but some non-profits take to big of an admin bite out of donations. I don't blame her for asking, but insisting on seeing it in black 'n white was a tad too much. I sarcastically said that it was in "pink 'n white" and very difficult to read. See? I can be an a--h---, too!

RMDave said:
That's true, but some non-profits take to big of an admin bite out of donations. I don't blame her for asking, but insisting on seeing it in black 'n white was a tad too much. I sarcastically said that it was in "pink 'n white" and very difficult to read. See? I can be an a--h---, too!

Hmm, would that fall under the header of 'bantering?' Better be careful.;)

pampchefsarah said:
Hmm, would that fall under the header of 'bantering?' Better be careful.;)

Banter is different than my pointing out that I can be an A--H----! That's not banter, that's the G-d's honest truth.

RMDave said:
Thanks. I had a woman who is a professional fundraiser for non-profits go crazy at a party today. She wanted to see the contract or official documentation that none of the direct donations or donations via PC sales were going to ACS overhead. She made such a stink that not one person bought a pink item. I was none too pleased.

What a butthead!! :grumpy: I can't stand people like that! I cross my fingers and hope that I don't get stupid people like that at my shows, but...not likely. It's gonna happen at least once! :(

Loved your response! :thumbup: Lol! :D

Besides that, is she truly that anal and stupid to think that YOU actually carry a copy of the contract? I like that word "em" - what a butthead!
"Madam, I would love to see things from your point of view. But I do not believe I can get my head that far up my A&&!"

Last edited:
RMDave said:

Dave, if that happens again, PLEASE tell her to call 1-800-ACS-2345. They will give her all the info she needs! That is so horrible that she did that to you at your show!!!

Well, if anyone else has that happen, PLEASE reassure your guests....I work for ACS's National Home Office and ACS is VERY careful of how they use donor dollars. I know for sure that Pampered Chef's Help Whip Cancer dollars are not used for "overhead" as she called it. They are definitely used for our Breast Cancer prevention & awareness platform, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.

As a "Professional Fundraiser" (what IS that anyway? Did she make that title up?), she of all people should know that SOMEONE's dollar will eventually have to go to a portion of the overhead of the organization, otherwise there would BE no organization doing the work at all!She had an ego and she wanted to flaunt her "job" in front of everyone. Hopefully she runs her business a bit better. Do you think she gets paid for her job helping charities?? *sarcasm intended*

tys1031 said:
Dave, if that happens again, PLEASE tell her to call 1-800-ACS-2345. They will give her all the info she needs! That is so horrible that she did that to you at your show!!!

Thanks Kisha, you're a love!

esavvymom said:
As a "Professional Fundraiser" (what IS that anyway? Did she make that title up?), she of all people should know that SOMEONE's dollar will eventually have to go to a portion of the overhead of the organization, otherwise there would BE no organization doing the work at all!

She had an ego and she wanted to flaunt her "job" in front of everyone. Hopefully she runs her business a bit better. Do you think she gets paid for her job helping charities?? *sarcasm intended*

She DEFINITELY gets paid and her rates are probably RIDICULOUS!!!! I know we pass on a lot of "professional fundraisers" because they want too much money. That's why a lot of non-profits rely on their reputation and word-of-mouth.

No kidding. When I was in 4-H many moons ago, we had to raise money for a trip to Oklahoma. They brought in a "professional fundraiser". After he got done telling all of us what we were going to sell and for how much and what the profit margin was going to be, I left the room with one of the adults, Dave. I was pretty good at math and I simply asked, if we are making 20% off each item, and the supposed donation amount offered by the company producing the product is charging us 50%, where is the other 30% going? He looked at me, went back in the room and asked that very question. The "professional fundraiser" told him it was for overhead costs. Now, I gotta tell you, Dave was not one who took crap from anyone. He looked this guy right in the eye and in front of everyone simply said. "Oh, your pocket. Um no thanks. We do not need your help not raising money for our group but for you." Well, this guy turned bright red, packed up his stuff and stomped out of the room. We ended up selling the product but we went directly to the company and get this, after we were done without fundraiser and collected our 50%, the company sent us an additional $2000 for putting them on the map in our county. We apparently had generated enough interest from other groups that they wanted to thank us. I have to admit, I never laughed so hard at an adult fool before that! I was actually snorting!!

Great story, John ... something to be proud of ... and a vital lesson to be learned by all.

Yes, it's sad how many nonprofits get taken advantage of by so-called "professional" consultants. Raising money is how nonprofits survive and people know that.....even the slimy, shady & unethical.

I have no problems with this woman being a fund-raiser for non-profit agencies. My problem was her going nuts in front of everybody. She should have asked me privately rather than trying to "catch me" in a less than ethical fund-raiser.

What really made me feel good was that I was NOT the only one who figured out that numbers didn't add up. I mean we may have been a bunch of teenagers but none of us were very stupid!

Related to HWC Overhead Costs: A Breakdown of Donation Allocations

What are Hwc Overhead Costs?

Hwc Overhead Costs refer to the expenses incurred by Pampered Chef for various indirect operations and support functions such as rent, utilities, and administrative salaries. These costs are not directly related to the production of our products, but are necessary for the overall functioning of the company.

Why is it important to track Hwc Overhead Costs?

Tracking Hwc Overhead Costs allows us to accurately determine the true cost of producing our products. By including these indirect costs, we can have a better understanding of our overall profitability and make informed business decisions. It also helps us identify areas where we can potentially reduce costs and improve efficiency.

How are Hwc Overhead Costs allocated to products?

Hwc Overhead Costs are allocated to products using a predetermined overhead rate. This rate is calculated by dividing the total estimated overhead costs for a specific period by the estimated amount of the allocation base, which is typically the direct labor hours or machine hours. The calculated rate is then applied to each product based on the amount of direct labor or machine hours required for its production.

Can Hwc Overhead Costs be reduced?

Yes, Hwc Overhead Costs can be reduced through various cost-saving measures such as implementing more efficient processes, reducing unnecessary expenses, and negotiating better deals with suppliers. By actively managing and monitoring these costs, we can work towards improving our overall profitability.

How can I track Hwc Overhead Costs for my business?

If you are a Pampered Chef consultant, you can track Hwc Overhead Costs by logging into your back office and accessing the monthly expense reports. These reports break down the overhead costs for each month and allow you to see how they contribute to your overall expenses. You can also track your own business expenses and identify areas where you can potentially reduce overhead costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tys1031
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PartiesbyJamie
Replies