1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How to use can opener

1. adge

adge

I had a customer contact me telling me she can't figuire out how to use the can opener, i dont have one to try and see if I can figure it out. is there a trick to it?

Sep 13, 2009
  2. cindylpal

cindylpal Member Gold Member

This is what I tell my customers when using it....

"it lays on the top of the can ... not the side like most! The 2 little wheels (that turn the can) have to be closed onto the top lip of the can, when you close the can opener you've "grabbed" the can (I shake it and show them how it doesn't come off). Once you turn it ...you'll feel it getting easier...use the little "beaks" to pull the lid off!!!"

Hope this helps.....I've walked customers through this over the phone!!!

Sep 13, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

It goes on the top of the can, not the side. The description I use at shows is that it's a shark, and the fin (handle) goes on the top as it approaches its victim (the can).

Sep 13, 2009
  4. letscook04

letscook04 Senior Member Gold Member

Someone in my cluster uses this at her shows:

Okay ladies, now this is the adult's only portion of our show. When you get your new can opener and cannot remember how to use it, remember this...
    (holding opener by the legs) Spread her legs....bump her up against the can...squeeze legs together gently...rotate, a little more rotation....just till you feel that pressure release...oh, yeah I felt it...then lift off" (as you lift off the lid):D

Sep 13, 2009
  5. aslion

aslion Member

You have to turn it clockwise, it won't work if you are turning it counter clockwise.

Sep 13, 2009
  6. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

search for videos on You Tube.

Sep 13, 2009
  7. adge

adge

thank you for the help

Sep 13, 2009
  8. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Advanced Member Gold Member

You can go to Consultant's Corner, click on Products & Recipes, then PC Products; Product Info, Use & Care, then name the product, and be sure to put the hyphen for: Smooth-Edge Can Opener. It shows the product features and has a line drawing of the can opener, and then walks you through the process. Ask your customer if they still have the Use and Care card that came with it. Ask them to read it to you while they do each step.

I remember getting a call from a car dealership where a gal had done a party for me.
    One of the salesmen could not figure out how to make his work. I took a spare can
    and my opener up to demo for them. What a laugh!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
    Sep 13, 2009
  9. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

Here's a file I got from here or my director.....

Attached Files:

Sep 13, 2009
  10. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

It has a bottle opener?!! Holy cow, learn something new everyday!

11. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

Too funny...don't think I could do this with a straight face!

Sep 14, 2009
  12. Jen1409

Jen1409 Member

I never knew it had a bottle opener either!

Sep 14, 2009
  13. nancycookspc

nancycookspc Member Gold Member

SORRY HAD TO LAUGH>>when I read this I said to myself this person MUST be form NY...(lived in NJ all my life and moved to VA a 1 1/2 yr ago, this would not fly at my shows in VA)
    ;)

Sep 14, 2009
  14. colegrovet

colegrovet Veteran Member Gold Member

I could see catching some flack it I said it that way.... :)
    but I think I will use that at my next party... :D

Sep 14, 2009
  15. patty42240

patty42240 Member

Sep 14, 2009
  16. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

A lot of the time people use it correctly to open the can but don't think it worked because the top of the can is still laying there undisturbed. I have heard of people opening several jars before calling consultants to say "My can opener doesn't work". When you demo it be sure to pull the top off the can and show them that it isn't sharp on the edges. This will hopefully help them to remember.

Sep 14, 2009
  17. letscook04

letscook04 Senior Member Gold Member

Yes, the person is from NY! LOL
    I have not used it my shows!

Sep 14, 2009
Have something to add?