• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to use can opener

Apr 1, 2009
I had a customer contact me telling me she can't figuire out how to use the can opener, i dont have one to try and see if I can figure it out. is there a trick to it?

cindylpal

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2006
This is what I tell my customers when using it....

"it lays on the top of the can ... not the side like most! The 2 little wheels (that turn the can) have to be closed onto the top lip of the can, when you close the can opener you've "grabbed" the can (I shake it and show them how it doesn't come off). Once you turn it ...you'll feel it getting easier...use the little "beaks" to pull the lid off!!!"

Hope this helps.....I've walked customers through this over the phone!!!

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
It goes on the top of the can, not the side. The description I use at shows is that it's a shark, and the fin (handle) goes on the top as it approaches its victim (the can).

letscook04

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2005
Someone in my cluster uses this at her shows:

Okay ladies, now this is the adult's only portion of our show. When you get your new can opener and cannot remember how to use it, remember this...
(holding opener by the legs) Spread her legs....bump her up against the can...squeeze legs together gently...rotate, a little more rotation....just till you feel that pressure release...oh, yeah I felt it...then lift off" (as you lift off the lid):D

Grandmarita

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2005
You can go to Consultant's Corner, click on Products & Recipes, then PC Products; Product Info, Use & Care, then name the product, and be sure to put the hyphen for: Smooth-Edge Can Opener. It shows the product features and has a line drawing of the can opener, and then walks you through the process. Ask your customer if they still have the Use and Care card that came with it. Ask them to read it to you while they do each step.

I remember getting a call from a car dealership where a gal had done a party for me.
One of the salesmen could not figure out how to make his work. I took a spare can
and my opener up to demo for them. What a laugh!

Last edited:

legacypc46

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2006

Okay ladies, now this is the adult's only portion of our show. When you get your new can opener and cannot remember how to use it, remember this...
(holding opener by the legs) Spread her legs....bump her up against the can...squeeze legs together gently...rotate, a little more rotation....just till you feel that pressure release...oh, yeah I felt it...then lift off" (as you lift off the lid):D

Too funny...don't think I could do this with a straight face!

nancycookspc

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2008

SORRY HAD TO LAUGH>>when I read this I said to myself this person MUST be form NY...(lived in NJ all my life and moved to VA a 1 1/2 yr ago, this would not fly at my shows in VA)
;)

colegrovet

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2008

I could see catching some flack it I said it that way.... :)
but I think I will use that at my next party... :D

Shawnna

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
A lot of the time people use it correctly to open the can but don't think it worked because the top of the can is still laying there undisturbed. I have heard of people opening several jars before calling consultants to say "My can opener doesn't work". When you demo it be sure to pull the top off the can and show them that it isn't sharp on the edges. This will hopefully help them to remember.

letscook04

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2005
SORRY HAD TO LAUGH>>when I read this I said to myself this person MUST be form NY...(lived in NJ all my life and moved to VA a 1 1/2 yr ago, this would not fly at my shows in VA)
;)

Yes, the person is from NY! LOL
I have not used it my shows!