• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Troubleshooting Tips for Stuck Adjustable Measuring Cups

In summary, the people who have difficulty with the cup say that the middle is very hard to move. It is recommended that the cup be put in the dishwasher to help loosen it up. It is also advised that the user press down on the center of the cup when trying to move it.
Jennie4PC
I have this cup and I really love it, but recently I have had 3 people tell me that they have this item and the middle is so hard for them to move. One lady just emailed me and told me she cant even get it to move so she can use it or wash it. Is there any tricks to getting it moving or even getting it out?

I haven't had a problem with it, BUT.... I have had 2 plastic cups stick together before....... This will probably work the same. Put ice in the inner cup and then dunk it in warm-hot water. It should come apart easily.Also, the inner cup is NOT dishwasher safe, so maybe that's the problem? I'd see if they have been putting it in the dishwasher.

Last edited:
which product are you talking about?

the adjustable measuring cup. The one that comes apart and you can use liquid or solid in it

I was told that rubbing a bit of salad oil around the edge would help - once she gets apart

Take a look at it for her. I had one that I had to use a nail file on and take some of the inner edge off of it (the solid piece that has the spout on it! Be careful, don't take too much off!) Mine was out of warranty and it was hard to move, so I finally got sick of not being able to take it apart and thought I might be able to fix it. It worked just fine then. I think it came out of the mold with a little extra plastic on it. Or better yet, send it back to HO and get a new one.

The Measure All Cup?

yeah the measure all cup

Make sure that she's pressing in the center of the plastic part that moves up & down. I had trouble with mine when I first got it. I would try to pull it from the bottom and that simply won't work. I believe if you look at it, it actually says, "Press here."

Mine had the same problem so I gave it away.

My 2 cup is so loose it doesn't want to stay put but my 1 cup has the opposite issue, it's VERY difficult to get "open" and neither have been in the dw. My 1 cup is newer so figure with time it will be easier to use. I have to push in the center to open it. Pressing the solids out isn't a problem once I get it expanded.

Sometimes the are tight when they are new. If I can't get it to slide, I use the handle of a mix n scraper or something to push down in the center. If it is way too tight, once they do get them separated, run it through the dishwasher. It will help shrink the plastic inner cup and then make it easier to use. That goes against the U&C card though, so keep that in mind. I did it one time on one of mine and then only hand wash it from now on. I don't repeatedly put it in the dishwasher, because then it might become too loose and not be an effective tool anymore.

I am going to get it from her when her life slows down and I am going to play with it. Amanda, I put mine in the dishwasher all the time.

mine goes in the dishwasher all the time too, but I NEVER use the heated dry or extra hot wash. My tap water is plenty hot. I have noticed over time and use they do "loosen" up which makes them easier to use.

Is she putting it in the right way? If you put it in upside down, it's really hard to move sometimes.

I find that the biggest issue for people using this is that they try to pull the inner part. Especially when they're new, just about the only way to get that inner portion to move is to press down on the top. And, while it may seem obvious to us, you must be holding it in your hand; it will not work while the MeasureAll is sitting on the counter. (Don't laugh. I've seen people try it.)

lol..agreed, but I use my mix & scraper to push it out from the inside :)

What is an adjustable measuring cup?

An adjustable measuring cup is a kitchen tool that allows you to easily measure different amounts of liquid or dry ingredients without the need for multiple measuring cups.

How does the adjustable measuring cup work?

The adjustable measuring cup has a sliding mechanism that allows you to push or pull the bottom to adjust the volume. It also has clear measurement markings to accurately measure the desired amount.

Can I use the adjustable measuring cup for both liquid and dry ingredients?

Yes, the adjustable measuring cup is designed to measure both liquid and dry ingredients. It has a wide range of measurements, from 1/8 cup to 1 cup, making it versatile for all types of ingredients.

Is the adjustable measuring cup dishwasher safe?

Yes, the adjustable measuring cup is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it for better maintenance and longevity.

What materials is the adjustable measuring cup made of?

The adjustable measuring cup is made of durable and high-quality plastic, ensuring it can withstand frequent use in the kitchen. It is also BPA-free for safe and healthy food preparation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennifer E
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • RossDeb2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • JDooley