• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting a Loose Measure-All® Cup

When mine got loose, I put BOTH pieces in the dishwasher, and while still HOT from the drying cycle I put them back together. They form together nicely while still hot.
JDooley
I have a customer that has had her Measure-All® Cup for a long time. now it is VERY loose and she can not use it correctly any tips or reasons this may have happened?

If she's put it in the dishwasher that will absolutely cause it to get loose. I always tell people that they can put the hard plastic piece in the dishwasher but not the inside cylinder because of that very reason.

To elaborate on what Andrea said, the edge around the inner piece has deteriorated. The most common reason is putting it in the dishwasher, but people who clean everything with an SOS pad (or something similar) will eventually have the same problem.

Yikes! I always put both parts in the dishwasher, and tell everyone they can... Is it on the U & C to handwash it? I usually am pretty good about checking and remembering what can go in the dishwasher...

The U & C says: Clear outer sleeve is top-rack dishwasher safe, however, inner cup should be washed by hand to preserve the tight seal. Do not use strong detergetns or steel wool to clean the Measure-All Cup. [Bold is theirs.]

Thanks for checking that Rae, major oops on my part...

I can never remember which part is D/W safe. So, I put the enire thing in there. I seldom use the thing.

When I first got mine, it was soo darn tight I could hardly slide it. So I put it in the DW on purpose and it helped "shrink" it I guess -or whatever- and now it works perfectly. Also, I wonder how old hers is, cause over time plastic deteriorates and maybe that's what could be causing it (if she swears it's been tight forever and only handwashes it, etc.)

I always tell people that, of course, after 10 or 15 years theirs will need to be replaced even if they treat it well. ;)

Thanks for the input I know she has had it for a few years. I will give her a call tonight and share the thoughts!

I wish I could give her a little of the tightness on mine. I can't hardly pull the 2 pieces apart.

When mine got loose, I put BOTH pieces in the dishwasher, and while still HOT from the drying cycle I put them back together. They form together nicely while still hot. She could try that as a last resort.
karlene

candiejayne said:
I wish I could give her a little of the tightness on mine. I can't hardly pull the 2 pieces apart.

It is much easier if you push the opaque plastic through the cylinder than to pull. (In the closed position, place your finger in the middle of the opaque piece and push)

What are the most common causes of a loose Measure-All® Cup?

The most common cause of a loose Measure-All® Cup is wear and tear from frequent use. Over time, the measuring lines on the cup may become worn or faded, causing it to fit loosely on the base.

How can I fix a loose Measure-All® Cup?

If your Measure-All® Cup is loose, try replacing the base with a new one. You can also try using a bit of cooking oil or non-stick spray on the base to help it fit more snugly. If these solutions do not work, you may need to purchase a new cup.

Can I use the Measure-All® Cup if it is loose?

It is not recommended to use a loose Measure-All® Cup as it may result in inaccurate measurements. It is important to have a secure fit between the cup and the base to ensure accurate and consistent measurements.

How often should I replace my Measure-All® Cup?

The frequency of cup replacement will depend on how often you use it and how well you take care of it. It is recommended to replace your Measure-All® Cup every 1-2 years to ensure accuracy in your measurements.

Is there a warranty for the Measure-All® Cup?

Yes, the Measure-All® Cup comes with a 3-year warranty. If you experience any issues with your cup, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance with a replacement or repair.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennifer E
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
cookinforyou
  • RossDeb2
  • Products and Tips
Replies