• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup Base Broke Again!

In summary, the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup base cracked a few months ago (not sure how) and HO replaced it no questions asked. I just pulled it out of the drawer today and it's cracked AGAIN! In the same place! I'm so mad! :mad: Has anyone else had problems with yours breaking?Where do you store yours? Is it because mine is being stored in a drawer with the rest of my measuring cups? Do you think HO will replace it a second time? :(
Mom2KL
My Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup base cracked a few months ago (not sure how) and HO replaced it no questions asked. I just pulled it out of the drawer today and it's cracked AGAIN! In the same place! I'm so mad! :mad: Has anyone else had problems with yours breaking? Where do you store yours? Is it because mine is being stored in a drawer with the rest of my measuring cups? Do you think HO will replace it a second time? :(

Mom2KL said:
My Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup base cracked a few months ago (not sure how) and HO replaced it no questions asked. I just pulled it out of the drawer today and it's cracked AGAIN! In the same place! I'm so mad! :mad: Has anyone else had problems with yours breaking? Where do you store yours? Is it because mine is being stored in a drawer with the rest of my measuring cups? Do you think HO will replace it a second time? :(
I store mine in an upper cupboard.Is yours too big for the drawer? Is it catching on the wood upon opening it?

I keep mine on the shelf with my glasses. I have several and 1 is 5 or more years old and never had any problem with it.

I don't even own that one...is it breaking where it "snaps" into place?

chefdiana2007 said:
I keep mine on the shelf with my glasses. I have several and 1 is 5 or more years old and never had any problem with it.

The Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup isn't 5 years old yet.

I haven't had any trouble with mine yet...but I am hoping I don't.

I'm on my third. It's ridiculous. I actually met the vendor that makes this for us and she told me the base is not supposed to come off. So don't take it off for cleaning if you don't need to. My just gets jostled around when bringing it to shows, so I guess that's the cause, but it breaks SO easy. Hopefully they'll change the design at some point.Funny thing is, I've sold quite a few of them and have yet to have a customer call me about it.

Base on mine broke as well. HO happily sent me a new one. My "new" now one has a crack on the base--trying to be gentle with it so I don't have to call it in.

Mine is broken too, I just haven't gotten around to doing anything about it yet. I keep it on a shelf of my baker's rack, no where near anything that would catch on it.

Mine broke also. It was almost like the clips that hold the base on disinegrated. I called PC on it and they told me it only had a 1 yr warranty so I couldnt get it replaced.

Mine broke too. Picked it up after a show one night and it was in two pieces. I got it back together thinking it should just snap off and on - not the case. I did get it replaced but I am disappointed that is not sturdier.

Mine broke too. The new one is fine though.

I am on my second it is broken but I haven't gotten it replaced.

Wow, I've not been gentle with mine at all, and it's just fine. Wonder if there was just a bad batch. And, Deb, I believe you when you tell me that the vendor told you this. I just have trouble believing what they told you is right. It says right in the care guide to take it apart for cleaning.

I have broken 3 and just stopped getting them replaced. I will also refuse to sell them at shows. People do appreciate the honesty.

What are y'all doin' to those EAMCs?

:rolleyes: I pulled mine out of the drawer yesterday and the base was broken off. I thought "not again!" :yuck: ...well, it just took me a minute to remember that this was the one that had broken and was replaced (the good one is in my kit - where it had broken in the first place by the way). :rolleyes:

My new one is fine. I am more careful how I pack it. I have sold MANY of these and no one has had a problem with theirs. I truly think that we are much rougher on our things than our customers are - who else drags them all over town?

In fact I use that as a selling point for the batter bowls. I didn't buy one for the 20 years before I became a consultant because I could get similar bowls for less and always wanted the cooler items as my benefits/purchases. Well, I replaced those store bowls so many times that I could have purchased ours several times. I tell them I have carried the BB that I got in my kit to over 450 shows over 6 years and even though it's jumbled in my bag with other dirty dishes for the way home it has not chipped and is still like new.

Now I know, that the AMC is not as unbreakable as the BB but it is a similar situation - they (customers) will not be as rough on them as we are.

BethCooks4U said:
Now I know, that the AMC is not as unbreakable as the BB but it is a similar situation - they (customers) will not be as rough on them as we are.

Good Point!

raebates said:
Wow, I've not been gentle with mine at all, and it's just fine. Wonder if there was just a bad batch.

And, Deb, I believe you when you tell me that the vendor told you this. I just have trouble believing what they told you is right. It says right in the care guide to take it apart for cleaning.

I think they are talking about the paddle, not the base.

What is the return policy for the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup Base?

The Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup Base comes with a one-year satisfaction guarantee. If your base breaks within one year of purchase, you can contact our customer service for a replacement or refund.

How do I adjust the base of my Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup?

To adjust the base, simply twist the knob at the bottom of the cup to the desired measurement. The base will move up or down accordingly, allowing you to measure the exact amount needed for your recipe.

What materials is the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup made of?

The base of the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup is made of durable plastic, while the measuring cup itself is made of heat-resistant glass. Both materials are safe to use with hot and cold ingredients.

Can I put the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup in the dishwasher?

Yes, both the base and the measuring cup are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for longer-lasting durability.

Is the Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup microwave safe?

Yes, the glass measuring cup is microwave safe. However, the plastic base is not microwave safe and should be removed before placing the cup in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • krzymomof4
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • AnnieBee