• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adjustable Measuring Spoon Broken...really Old Style?

In summary, the conversation discusses a broken measuring spoon that was given to the speaker by their host from a previous show. The speaker believes the spoon is too old to be replaced under the company's guarantee policy. They also mention how a competitor company, Tupperware, has a more generous policy for exchanging products. The speaker expresses feeling bad when they have to tell customers they cannot replace a product, but they understand and agree with their company's policies. They also ask for suggestions on how to make customers feel better in these situations. The conversation ends with the speaker mentioning the guarantee information and offering a 10% discount to replace the broken item.
babywings76
Gold Member
My host from yesterday's show handed me a broken adj. measuring spoon from one of her friends who couldn't come to the show. It looks very old. The sliding piece got deformed when it went through her dishwasher. I told my host that I didn't think I could get it replaced because I'm pretty sure it's beyond the guarantee. I know the style that is currently sold only has a 2 or 3 year guarantee and they are the kind I have (which I bought many years ago). So hers must really be old.

This is the only thing that I feel bad about with customers. I totally understand and agree with PC's policies, I just hate how one of our competitors (Tupperware) will exchange things in this state. As long as it's a definite product of theirs, they will either exchange it for the same thing (even if it's a newer style) or give you a credit towards replacing it if they no longer carry anything similar. I don't know how they can afford to do that, but maybe it's because it forms customer loyalty and trust. So when I have to tell them sorry, I feel bad because I know they think we are stinky for our policy. Again, I understand why we have the policy we do, and I think it's understandable and reasonable, I just wish I knew the best way to make people feel better when I have to say I can't replace it.

So anyway, what do you think is the best thing to tell people? Obviously, she has enjoyed many, many years of using this product. She put it in the dishwasher, so she didn't abuse it, I'm guessing. I guess after so long the plastic is no longer as good at tolerating the high heat? Any thoughts?

The guarantee info is listed in the catalog and in the use and care for every product. There is a certain level of responsibility here.In these cases, I offer 10% off to replace the item.

Dear [Host's Name], Firstly, thank you for hosting such a wonderful show yesterday. It was a pleasure meeting you and your friends. I wanted to address the broken measuring spoon that your friend gave to you to pass along to me. I understand that it must have been disappointing to find out that it cannot be replaced under our current guarantee policy. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I completely understand your thoughts on our competitor's policy of exchanging products in any condition. However, I want to assure you that we stand behind the quality and durability of our products. Our guarantee is in place to ensure that our customers receive the best possible experience with our products. In this case, I believe the product has served its purpose well, as it has been used and enjoyed for many years. The fact that it went through a dishwasher is a testament to its durability. Unfortunately, after a certain amount of time and usage, all products will eventually wear down and may not perform as they once did. I truly appreciate your understanding and continued support of our brand. Please know that I am always here to assist with any questions or concerns you may have about our products. Thank you again for your understanding and for being such a loyal customer. Best regards,

1. How do I use an adjustable measuring spoon?

An adjustable measuring spoon is used by sliding the adjuster to the desired measurement and then scooping or filling the spoon with the ingredient. Once filled, level off the top of the spoon with a straight edge to ensure accurate measurement.

2. What is the benefit of using an adjustable measuring spoon?

The benefit of using an adjustable measuring spoon is that it eliminates the need for multiple measuring spoons, as one spoon can measure various amounts. This saves space in the kitchen and reduces the need for multiple utensils.

3. How do I clean an adjustable measuring spoon?

An adjustable measuring spoon can be cleaned by hand washing with warm soapy water or by placing it in the dishwasher. It's important to make sure the adjuster slides smoothly and there is no residue left behind.

4. How can I fix a broken adjustable measuring spoon?

If the adjuster on an adjustable measuring spoon is broken, it is best to replace the spoon. However, if the spoon itself is broken, it can be repaired with an adhesive specifically designed for food-safe materials. Be sure to thoroughly clean and dry the spoon before using it again.

5. Is an adjustable measuring spoon an old style of measuring?

An adjustable measuring spoon may be considered an older style of measuring, as it has been around for many years. However, it is still a popular and useful tool in many kitchens today.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melindagilbert
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
melindagilbert
  • Kristen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
rwesterpchef
  • zookeeper614