• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Cutting Boards - Worth Calling Ho About?

I've heard people say that but I have had boards end up with stains because I put them in the dishwasher. I guess I didn't rinse well enough. (aw who am I kidding I don't rinse at all:p )Try using lemon juice and salt. Scrub and let sit on the board for a few hours.I've also heard of lightly sanding it with a fine sandpaper. Especially good for smoothing out a bunch of "slice" marks.Both my large cutting board and Mix N Stir Scrapers stain with carrots and tomatoes based sauces. Thanks for all the hints you all have shared. Mine needs help right now.
hmolah
Hello all-

I just used my Cutting board with measuring cups for the 3rd time last night, and when I took it out of the dishwasher this AM, it had yellow stains all over it! :mad: :mad: :mad: I haven't even gotten to my Open House in 2 days, and now I get to showcase a yellow-dotted cutting board. I'm considering calling HO and asking them if this is normal for these boards to stain/color like this. I've had the other cutting boards (prior to the new F/W ones) for 2 years, and never had any staining problems. What should I do????

I am calling my hospitality director tonight to ask to borrow hers for the show, because I'm embarrassed to show this one. :eek: But, actually I'm more mad than anything. :mad: Someone please tell me if it is normal for these board to discolor!

I've only had problems with 2-3 other products in the 2 years as a consultant, and already had to return the UM when it broke before I even used it... *sigh*. I just don't want them to think it is me.... maybe it is, I dunno, but it isn't like I was painting on my new board! I was only grating zuccinni!

Thanks in advance.

spritz it with some clorox clean up and let it sit for a few minutes - then rinse away the stains

I've used bleach, ammonia, baking soda, etc. and nothing is taking the stains off... :confused: :confused: I didn't think these boards were supposed to stain??

I've had problems with my board staining as well (both the new one and the old style) and haven't found a product yet that will take the stain away....carrots are the worst!

Soak in bleach or bleach type item. I soak my for at least 2 hours at home and in my restaurant.

Sometimes putting them in the dishwasher helps get rid of stains.

BethCooks4U said:

I've heard people say that but I have had boards end up with stains because I put them in the dishwasher. I guess I didn't rinse well enough. (aw who am I kidding I don't rinse at all:p )

I use Soft Scrub with Bleach and let it sit on there, then wash it off. Stains come out every time....red pepper and carrots being the worst.

Try using lemon juice and salt. Scrub and let sit on the board for a few hours.

I've also heard of lightly sanding it with a fine sandpaper. Especially good for smoothing out a bunch of "slice" marks.

Both my large cutting board and Mix N Stir Scrapers stain with carrots and
tomato based sauces. Thanks for all the hints you all have shared. Mine
needs help right now.

BethCooks4U said:

It was fine until it came OUT of the dishwasher....that is what is so odd.... :confused:

As for Softscrub, I used that earlier too. :( The weird thing is, I think it is from another dish in the dishwasher. Because, I haven't had anything other than tomatoes, zucchini, potatos and onions on that board. I'll try soaking it in bleach and I'll try the Softscrub thing again. I might let it soak on it over night. If that doesn't work, then I'll get some sand paper!

THANK YOU for all of the tidbits! I really don't want to send this back...besides whisks, I collect PC cutting boards. ;) (I just love 'em!)

funny my director said this very thing happened lastnight & she put a papertowel on top then sprayed it with bleach & let sit & the towel soaked up the stains right away.try it.

I know that stains with a tomato base will clear up if left to dry in the sun. Try setting it on a sunny window sill for a day and see what happens. It couldn't hurt!:)

Considering that it hasn't 'performed to expectations', if I couldn't get the stains out with bleach, then I'd request an exchange. :)

Possiblity
hmolah said:
It was fine until it came OUT of the dishwasher....that is what is so odd.... :confused:

Do you use orange colored dishwasher soap? I was buying the orange citrus cascade for awhile, until I realized that the "funny" stains on my mix-n-scraper and measuring spoons were from that!! I realized it when I filled the silverware basket with my new spoons and mix-n-scraper BEFORE I had ever used them. They came out a little orange in color. I thought that's weird, I haven't used these yet. Then I turned and saw the bottle "staring" at me. Eureka!!! I went back to the white or green stuff and have not had a problem since. Just my 2 cents.

1. Why should I invest in a new cutting board?

Investing in a new cutting board can greatly improve your cooking experience. Our cutting boards are made from high-quality materials that are durable and easy to clean. They also provide a stable and hygienic surface for cutting and preparing food.

2. What makes Pampered Chef cutting boards different from others on the market?

Our cutting boards are specifically designed for home cooks, with features like non-slip edges, built-in handles, and juice grooves to prevent messes. They are also made from sustainable materials and are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. Can I use my Pampered Chef cutting board for cutting raw meat?

Yes, our cutting boards are safe to use for cutting raw meat. However, we recommend using a separate cutting board for raw meat to prevent cross-contamination.

4. How often should I replace my cutting board?

The lifespan of a cutting board depends on the frequency of use and how well it is maintained. We recommend replacing your cutting board every 1-2 years, or when it starts to show signs of wear and tear such as deep grooves or stains.

5. Are there any special care instructions for Pampered Chef cutting boards?

To ensure the longevity of your cutting board, we recommend hand washing with warm, soapy water and drying immediately. Avoid soaking or putting it in the dishwasher. You can also periodically oil your cutting board with food-grade mineral oil to prevent cracking and drying.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefheidi2003
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies