• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Large Grooved Cutting Board Warped

In summary, the cutting boards are not heat safe and can warp. Sandy recommends trying un-bowing it, using bleach, and sanding it down.
Kristen
I bought one of the large grooved cutting boards last December during a show I hosted (before I became a consultant). It's become warped and bows up in the middle (w/the grooved side up). The grip-net pad doesn't even touch it, let alone keep it from slipping. Does anyone know if this would be covered under the warranty? I would love to be able to show this at my shows, but I'm way too embarrassed to bring it in the condition it's in.

I'd send it back.....or Im thinking, heat does not "melt" them, so Im wondering what would happen if you sat a hot stone such as the 9x13" baker on top - would the heat from it flatten it out? I have the medium sized one and Ive noticed on occasion it seems warped but then within a day or two, it flattens out, especially if I have sat something heated on top of it!

It could have happened in the dishwasher... the Use and Care says to remove it from the dishwasher during the "drying" phase, the heat ... I guess... in the dishwasher can do that.
When I first got mine , it was bowed like that ...before ever using it! I sent it back...they sent me another one. It has been fine, I use the HECK out of it... but it is a little bowed.
ALSO... I was wondering has anyone sanded their cutting boards? Mine is rather stained. I have even tried Soft Scrub with bleach. I know we can sand it down... but I tried that and it didn't seem to take off any of the color. Then someone told me you had to use an electric sander! I don't have one.

I may try un-bowing the board maybe after cooking a lasagna in the 9X13 baker

Forget the Softscrub......go for straight bleach! lol...it won't hurt it any. Poor a bit on, leave it to sit in your sink...in your bathtub if your sink's not big enough. It took years worth of stains off mine (didn't care how mine looked until I became a consultant...haha)

Hope this helps,
Sandy

For stains, also try the Chlorox Bleach Pen. It works great and is easier to use than liquid bleach.
For the warped problem, I would send it back. The use and care card says it is heat safe up to 160 degrees and to avoid contact with heating elements, hot pans, or other hot surfaces.
I just noticed, for the first time, it is recommended to remove from the dishwaser before the drying cycle. I've never done this and mine, so far, is fine, but maybe I will start from now on so I can avoid the warp problem.

I noticed the other day that mine was bowed up in the middle too. I just ordered it in late July. Do you have to send it back if it is after thirty days? And if so, how much would it cost to send it back?

Yep, if it's past 30 days, you would foot the bill to send it back. I've never sent back something like that, but I would THINK you could just wrap it with a brown paper bag and send it in like that. It's not like it'll break or anything. Be sure to call customer service first to get a reference number and they'll tell you exactly what you should do with it. :)

For the bowing - try to take it out of the dishwasher when it is still hot and put a heavy item on it. That might work to straighten it. You might have to do it a couple times.

For the stains - use bleach

For the cut marks - use an electric sander and fine sandpaper - will make it look like new!

Mine, too!My large grooved cutting board is also warped. I usually just put a dishtowel under it. I have had mine for a few years now. I will definitely have to try all of your suggestions!

The cutting boards are not hot pads! LOL! My husband sat my Prof. Saute' Pan on my cutting board (while still hot off the stove) and I have a nice Pampered Chef logo imprinted into my cutting board! Ha, ha! I usually show this at shows, to teach customers to learn from my mistakes! :)

1. Why did my large grooved cutting board warp?

There are a few potential reasons why your cutting board may have warped. One possibility is that it was exposed to heat or moisture, which can cause the wood to expand and contract. Another reason could be that it was not properly stored or cared for. We recommend storing your cutting board flat and away from heat sources, and regularly oiling it to maintain its shape.

2. Can a warped cutting board be fixed?

In some cases, a warped cutting board can be fixed by placing it in a warm, humid environment and allowing it to naturally flatten out. You can also try placing heavy objects on top of the board to help it flatten. However, if the warping is severe, it may not be possible to fully fix the board.

3. Will a warped cutting board affect the performance of my knives?

A slightly warped cutting board may not affect the performance of your knives, but a severely warped board can cause uneven cutting surfaces and potentially damage your knives. It is best to avoid using a warped cutting board for food preparation.

4. How can I prevent my cutting board from warping in the future?

To prevent your cutting board from warping, make sure to store it properly and avoid exposing it to heat or moisture. It is also important to regularly oil your cutting board to maintain its shape. Additionally, avoid placing hot pots or pans directly on the cutting board, as this can cause warping.

5. Can I still use my warped cutting board?

If the warping is minor, you may still be able to use your cutting board for food preparation. However, if the warping is severe, it is best to avoid using the board and replace it with a new one to ensure safe and effective food preparation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • jross93
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • PampMomof3