• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Knives and Cutting Board Question

In summary, the knife set comes with covers and the cutting board is different than the one currently available.
jross93
two quick questions....

I am about to purchase the knife set that comes with the bamboo block. Will the knives still come with the protective covers so if I want to bring one or two to a show with me I can? Or, do the knives come in the block with no covers?

Also, what is the diff. b/w the large grooved cutting board that is currently in the outlet and the one in the catalog? The pic. on the outlet looks like maybe there's no rubber gripper around the edges, but the desc. says there is....so, is there a diff?

Thanks!
Jen

The one in the outlet doesn't have the silicone edge, and it's a little thinner, so it will warp if you leave it in the dishwasher for a dry cycle. The knife set should come with the covers. I think (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) that the set isn't packaged as a set, it's just there for convenience when ordering. All the components come in their standard packaging.

chefann said:
The one in the outlet doesn't have the silicone edge, and it's a little thinner, so it will warp if you leave it in the dishwasher for a dry cycle.

The knife set should come with the covers. I think (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) that the set isn't packaged as a set, it's just there for convenience when ordering. All the components come in their standard packaging.

Thank you! I'm glad about the knives coming with covers! And, I thought the photo in the outlet didn't show the silicone edge, so it threw me off when it was written in the description!
Thanks!;)

I just got my knife set, and it did have the covers.

The set does come w/ the covers. I got the set for my husband, and he loves it. Also it comes w/ the new scissors which are really nice.

And I think the one w/ the edges is available from the supply order. I think around $18- so same price as outlet for the new one. You might wanna check it out.

niclowther said:
The set does come w/ the covers. I got the set for my husband, and he loves it. Also it comes w/ the new scissors which are really nice.

And I think the one w/ the edges is available from the supply order. I think around $18- so same price as outlet for the new one. You might wanna check it out.

Yeah, you want to get the current one. It's better and it's what we now sell.

yes, get the current Large Grooved Board from Supply. It is my favorite--I have THREE!! :)

jross93 said:
two quick questions....

I am about to purchase the knife set that comes with the bamboo block. Will the knives still come with the protective covers so if I want to bring one or two to a show with me I can? Or, do the knives come in the block with no covers?

Also, what is the diff. b/w the large grooved cutting board that is currently in the outlet and the one in the catalog? The pic. on the outlet looks like maybe there's no rubber gripper around the edges, but the desc. says there is....so, is there a diff?

Thanks!
Jen

The knife block and knife set are EACH boxed seperately. WIM, is each is in their own box just as they do when you purchase them individually.

Oh BTW, the OLD style of Large Grooved Cutting Board is inferior to the LGCB with the santoprene edges, IMO. They are WAY DIFFERENT - I would recommend purchasing the one off SO. :)

1. What types of knives are essential for a home cook?

There are three types of knives that are considered essential for a home cook: a chef's knife, a paring knife, and a serrated knife. The chef's knife is versatile and can handle most cutting tasks, the paring knife is great for smaller, more delicate tasks, and the serrated knife is perfect for slicing through bread and tomatoes.

2. How often do I need to sharpen my knives?

It is recommended to sharpen your knives at least once a year if you use them regularly. However, if you notice that your knives are becoming dull and are not cutting as easily as they used to, it may be time to sharpen them sooner. It is also important to use a honing steel to maintain the sharpness of your knives in between sharpenings.

3. What is the best way to care for my cutting board?

The best way to care for your cutting board is to hand wash it with hot, soapy water after each use. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges as they can damage the surface of the board. Additionally, it is important to regularly oil your cutting board to prevent it from drying out and cracking.

4. Can I use the same cutting board for meat and vegetables?

It is not recommended to use the same cutting board for both meat and vegetables. This can lead to cross-contamination and the spread of harmful bacteria. It is best to have separate cutting boards for raw meat and vegetables to ensure food safety.

5. Is it necessary to invest in an expensive knife set?

While a high-quality knife set can be a great investment for serious cooks, it is not necessary for the average home cook. You can achieve the same results with a few essential knives and proper sharpening techniques. It is important to choose knives that feel comfortable and balanced in your hand, regardless of the price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Kristen