• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interactive Show With Tortatini's

In summary, a modified interactive show was held last night. Each guest made their own tortatini and filled their own Mini Margarita Tart. The tortatini were grilled using the Grill Pan and Press and the tarts were filled with cream cheese and lime. Over $500 worth of products were demo'd, and everyone seemed to have a great time.
legacypc46
Gold Member
I did a modified interactive show last night. Each guest made their own tortatini and filled their own Mini Margarita Tart. (If you aren't familiar with Tortatinis, it's essentially a pocket panini made with a tortilla...there's a whole thread on this in the archives.)

One quick caveat: I've been a PC junkie for years, so I have lots of product. After a short speaking spiel, each guest went thru the following stations (while the others chatted among themselves and ate):

1) Oil the tortilla. (ERMC, silicone brush, large cutting board)
2) Spread with dip. (Chipotle rub, bamboo spreader, SA med bowl)
3) Grab and chop a pre-cooked chicken tender (S/S mixing bowl, chef tongs, chopper, cutting board)
4) Add cheese. (SA med bowl, bamboo tongs)
5) Add tomato. (I demo'd the can opener, they used the mini bamboo ladel)
6) Chop and add red/orange peppers. (Cutting board and FG knives)
7) Add jalepenos (bamboo fork, dots small bowl)
They then handed me their plate, and I grilled the tortatini using the Grill Pan and Press.

While waiting for their tortatini, they filled their own mini-margarita tart:
1) Mash a mini pretzel and place in premade sugar cookie tart shell (meat tenderizer and small cutting board)
2) Fill with mix (EAD)
3) Hull and slice a strawberry (core and more, egg slicer, SA appetizer plate)
4) Sprinkle with powdered sugar (flour/sugar shaker)

Almost $700 products demo'd, over $500 of which they used themselves.

More importantly, this was so not-stressful (other than getting the stations set up.) Feedback was all positive: they got to use the tools, they got to chat, and we were done pretty quickly.....even more so if they hadn't been drinking margaritas (made with the QSP, naturally).

Just sharing in case anyone wants to do something similar. I plan to do this in April but with a salad bar and a yet to be decided on dessert.

leggy

Leggy, dahling! Can you share the recipe for the filling of the margarita cups?

How long was your setup/prep time?

chefann said:
Leggy, dahling! Can you share the recipe for the filling of the margarita cups?

Here's the recipe...I actually got it from here :blushing:

Mini Margarita Pies

1 pkg Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough (Pillsbury or Nestle break and bake 20 count)

1 pkg cream cheese

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1 or 2 limes

8 oz container of cool whip

Pretzels (optional)

Strawberries (Optional for garnish)

Cut each of the dough cookies in half. Roll into a ball and place in Mini Muffin Pan. Press with floured Mini Tart Shaper.
Bake cookies at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown( I have found 8 minutes works best for me). Remove from oven and cool for about 1 minute, then REPRESS (lightly) with floured Mini Tart Shaper. Remove from Pan to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Meanwhile, combined softened cream cheese with powdered sugar in Classic Batter Bowl. Zest lime with Microplane Adjustable Grater. Cut lime in half and press with Citrus Press. (Add both limes if you prefer lots of lime flavor!) Mix with Stainless Steel Whisk. Add in Cool Whip.
Using Star tip of Easy Accent Decorator, pipe filling into cups. If desired, add chopped pretzels to cup before filling (to add a bit of salty flavor), OR stick a pretzel stick into each cup. Garnish with strawberry slice if desired

leggy

purrbal said:
How long was your setup/prep time?

It should only take about 15 minutes once you have the routine down. Last night was closer to 25 because it was the first time I'd done it this way....and I'd left my cheat sheet at home.:rolleyes: (Another thread talks about baby brain and mommy brain, I have menopause brain:eek: )

I got the idea for this format from a teleconference training call with my upline. The speaker that night has been doing this format for about a year and has had great success with it.

The key is to select foods where guests can make their own individual portions while using lots of tools. This way everyone actually participates, no one is stuck standing the whole show, and people aren't handling each other's food.

I loved that I was able to interact one-on-one with guests as they went thru the stations. It was also more relaxing overall not doing a traditional demo.

leggy

this sounds like such a wonderful interactive show. It may just be a question of available space in the hosts home. I am definently going to look into doing something like this for some of my shows. Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

I used a space of about 5x2 for the tortatini prep and about 2x2 for the tarts. Because there's not more than one person at a station, you don't need a lot of space.

Also, I suggest 'practicing' once at home by doing this with your family. I had done this lots with friends, but never thought to incorporate it into a show.

1. What is an Interactive Show With Tortatini's?

An Interactive Show with Tortatini's is a fun and interactive cooking demonstration where our Pampered Chef consultant will guide guests through creating a delicious Tortatini dish using our high-quality kitchen tools and ingredients. It's a great opportunity to learn new cooking techniques and try out some of our products in action!

2. How long does an Interactive Show With Tortatini's typically last?

Our Interactive Shows with Tortatini's usually last around 1-2 hours, depending on the number of guests and any additional activities or games included in the show. But don't worry, the time will fly by as you're having fun and learning in the kitchen!

3. Do I need to have any cooking experience to attend an Interactive Show With Tortatini's?

No prior cooking experience is necessary to attend an Interactive Show with Tortatini's. Our consultant will guide you through each step of the recipe and provide helpful tips and tricks along the way. It's a great opportunity for beginners to learn some new skills and for experienced cooks to try out new tools and techniques.

4. Can I purchase the ingredients and tools used in the Interactive Show With Tortatini's?

Absolutely! Our consultant will have all the necessary ingredients and tools available for purchase during the show. You can also visit our website or contact your consultant to order any products you may have missed during the show.

5. Can I host an Interactive Show With Tortatini's at my home?

Yes, you can! Our consultants are available to host Interactive Shows with Tortatini's at your home or any other location of your choice. It's a great way to gather friends and family for a fun and delicious experience. Contact your consultant to schedule a date and time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • DebPC