• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting a Spritzer: Help Needed!

In summary, the past guest is having trouble getting the spritzer to work and thinks there may be a trick to it. She needs to pump it until she can't pump it any more, and clean it regularly.
melaniepc
a past guest just emailed me .. she bought the spritzer back in july and just now opened it.. she cant get it to work, she said she had her husband look at it too and cant get it to work, maybe there is a trick to it? I dont have one and havent used one so I am not sure if she is missing something or if its broken

It needs several pumps to get it to work. I find that it's best to pump it until it can't be pumped any more to really build up the pressure. If it's overfilled, it won't work well, either. And one thing I've learned is to release the extra pressure when you're done (turn the screw-on top until it opens and stops hissing). That will help extend the spritzer's life.

ditto what Ann said.She'll need to pump it until she can't pump it any more!! Once it's well pumped, she ought to be able to spray a whole muffin pan (or mini muffin pan) in one blast.The tip to release the pressure by unscrewing the cap is KEY to preserving the longevity of the spritzer. Do this after EVERY USE. I always hold a damp cloth / paper towel around the neck & base of the spritzer when I do it, so the container doesn't get oily.I have had some customers who have found the first spray mechanism to be a dud. So.. if she tries everything you suggest, get her to try the replacement mechanism to see if it works any better.
HTH.

They come with 2 now, so that customers have a built-in replacement.Another thing that will help the life is to clean it regularly. I use refills as a reminder. When mine (I have 3 on my stove - veg. oil, our basil oil, and our garlic oil) are empty, I unscrew them and let all the parts soak in a bowl of hot soapy water. Scrub them off, then refill and reassemble.

ok thanks , I will pass that on to her

I have one that doesn't build presser very well. If you move the cap straight up and down it doesn't work, But if the tilt the cap just a tiny bit so that it seals it will build presser.

I have another question about the spritzer...

Are you supposed to remove the cap/pumping thing so you can release the pressure, and then store it with the cap off? After I release the pressure, I want to store it with the cap on, but when I put it on, it's doing a pump, and therefore creating some pressure again.

That little bit of pressure is OK - store it with the cap on.

Don't tell anyone, but when I wasn't selling PC for a few years I bought two new spritzers from Bed Bath and Beyond. I love them. Never had a problem. I don't have the PC ones and probably won't buy them. I take mine to shows and use them secretly before guests arrive if I need them, but usually I'll just brush on oil with the Silicone Basting Brush that came in the New Consultant Kit.

I got one as well and could not get either pump to work. I wonder if it is because I put the oil in the fridge in them. Does it hurt to leave the oil out? Should I just partially fill it then empty it after each use??

Just leave it on the counter. There's no need to refrigerate oil. And it will make the oil too thick to work in the spritzer.

1. How do I fix a clogged spritzer nozzle?

If the nozzle on your spritzer is clogged, try soaking it in warm, soapy water for a few minutes. Then, use a toothpick or small brush to gently remove any debris that may be blocking the nozzle. Rinse the nozzle thoroughly and try using the spritzer again.

2. My spritzer is leaking, how do I stop it?

If your spritzer is leaking, make sure the lid is securely twisted on. If it continues to leak, check the rubber ring around the lid for any damage and replace if necessary. If the spritzer is still leaking, contact customer service for further assistance.

3. The spritzer is not producing a fine mist, what should I do?

If your spritzer is not producing a fine mist, try adjusting the nozzle by twisting it to the left or right. You can also try cleaning the nozzle as mentioned in question 1. If the issue persists, contact customer service for further assistance.

4. How do I clean my spritzer?

To clean your spritzer, disassemble it by twisting off the lid and removing the nozzle. Wash each part with warm, soapy water and rinse thoroughly. You can also place the spritzer in the top rack of your dishwasher if it is dishwasher safe. Allow all parts to dry completely before reassembling.

5. My spritzer is not spraying evenly, what should I do?

If your spritzer is not spraying evenly, check the nozzle for any blockages and clean as needed. You can also try adjusting the nozzle to see if that improves the spray. If the issue persists, contact customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie4PC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
soccermompeg
Replies