• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Video or Graphics for Smooth Edge Can Opener?

In summary, Sarah's host called to say that she received her Smooth Edge Can Opener, and when she tried to use it the first time all it did was dent the can. Sarah recommended that the host try using the can opener on other cans, but due to the 3000 mile distance between the host and Sarah, the host can't exactly go over and demonstrate the can opener for her. Sarah also recommends that a friend give the can opener as a gift to avoid a confrontation.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
My host just called to say she received her Smooth Edge Can Opener, and when she tried to use it the first time all it did was dent the can. I did say that it takes practice to get it right, but she said she had an older version so figured it should be no problem learning how to use this one. She's going to try it on some other cans, but since she's 3000 miles away from me, I can't exactly go over and demonstrate if for her.

Does anyone know of a visual that I can send to her? She did follow the Care & Use card instructions, but that's mostly text so she can't tell what, if anything, she's doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated!

Since she had the old one, I'd guess she's using it correctly. Ask her what type of can she's using it on. I've found that I have trouble with thin cans like sweetened condensed milk comes in. It's entirely possible that she simply got a dud. In which case, you'll want to do an adjustment.

Okay, DH dented a can once, I couldn't figure out what he did to it to dent it! But I do have to say the that PC can open does go around dents really well!

I vaguely recall seeing a video on Youtube about the PC can opener

The old can opener is totally different from this one. First, is she putting it on top of the can and not on the side? The old one I have from PC did fit on the side.

A friend of mine dented a can with the PC can opener -- she was using it the wrong way -- vertically and not horizontally. I still can't believe it did that. We were able to get it open in spite of the odd dent in the rim.​

Do a search on You Tube. There is a video there.

PC should add one to their own official videos. :D

Thanks everyone - especially Jodi who made such an effort to get the information to me!! I called my host tonight and she figured it out, but needs to teach her boys.

I really appreciate your responses.

You're welcome Sarah. Glad I could help :)

thanks! So funny because I just had a customer call me about the same thing the other night, & I check on CC...NO VIDEO! Definitely thought there would be something on there for the canopener...but thankfully there's YOUTUBE. Thanks for finding the video...I really wouldn't have thought to look on there, but now I'll know :)

take a look at the other stupid utube video. when you open the link (above) and watch the first video after it's over there's another choice. I think it say Kacey and the Pampered Chef can opener. 2 teenagers trying to figure it out and they end up beating up the can.

On a different can opener note - I tell everyone at my shows to buy the canopener for a friend that they are disgruntled with as a nice gift. That it's a nice gift and it will help smooth over the situation because your friend will know you were thinking of her. I also tell them to take the instructions out before giving it to them, because unless they've been to a show, they will never figure out how to use it without the instructions and it will drive them insane but they'll be to embarrassed to tell their friend that they can't use a canopener. So you kill two birds with one stone, you smooth over the situation and you get a little bit of revenge in the process. Then I tell them to make sure that they invite their friend to their Pampered Chef show when they have one so she can see how it's used - chances are she'll say during the show "Oh, that's how you use it" and then you can have a good laugh together and I'll try to remember not to tell this story again while she's there so she won't know what you've just done to her. It's a hit with most of my crowds, they find it incredibly funny.

I'd love to take credit for the idea but I think I got it from an old training CD.

1. How do I use the Smooth Edge Can Opener?

The Smooth Edge Can Opener is designed to easily and safely open cans. Simply place the opener on top of the can, twist the knob to pierce the lid, and then continue twisting to open the can.

2. Can the Smooth Edge Can Opener be used on all types of cans?

Yes, the Smooth Edge Can Opener can be used on most standard size cans, including ones with pop-top lids.

3. Is the Smooth Edge Can Opener dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Smooth Edge Can Opener is dishwasher safe. We recommend placing it on the top rack for best results.

4. How do I clean the Smooth Edge Can Opener?

The Smooth Edge Can Opener can be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Rinse and dry thoroughly before storing.

5. Can I open larger cans with the Smooth Edge Can Opener?

The Smooth Edge Can Opener is designed for standard size cans. We do not recommend using it on larger cans as it may not be as effective or safe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsworld2000
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • Mommabear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tash
Replies