• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Can Opener: Tips for Proper Use | Jessica's Tips

In summary, Jessica's buyer bought a can opener and can't figure out how to get it to work right. Jessica recommends reading the care and use instructions that came with the can opener and having the buyer hold the can opener flat over the can so they can read the words pampered chef. The legs should be open when the can opener is "locked" on and a complete lap around the can should be done before opening the legs and turning the can opener to the side like scissors. For taking the lid off, Jessica recommends using the "parrot's beak" to pry the lid off. Finally, Jessica recommends cross selling can strainer as well.
jchesley
I have a buyer that bought a can opener and can't figure out how to get it to work right. Since I don't have one yet I don't know any tips to give her. Are there any secrets to getting it to work??

Thanks,
Jessica

First -- have her read the care and use that came with it!

Second -- our can opener doesn't work like scissors (sideways) -- it works flat.

Have her hold the can opener flat over the can so that she can read the words pampered chef. The legs should be open. Once it touches the top of the can, squeeze the legs together. It should be "locked" on. Make a complete lap around the can, then open legs and turn to the side like scissors where the pinchers are. "pinch" the lid and lift off.

Our smooth edge can opener "prys" the lid off rather than cutting into it -- so it will looked sealed before you pinch the lid off.

HTH

There's a demo of how to use the Can Opener somewhere on U-Tube. If you go there just do a search for Pampered Chef and it should come up.

Oops.. It's YouTube.

finley1991 said:
There's a demo of how to use the Can Opener somewhere on U-Tube. If you go there just do a search for Pampered Chef and it should come up.

That is too funny!! never new that you can watch the demo on you tube. I just watched it and was laughing with the cat jump up for it's food!!:D

finley1991 said:
I will have to go check that out.

Here are some instructions that someone gave me.

I'm leaving it as an attachment as it is a little bit on the risque side.

Warning.....if you can't handle a little bit of adult humor.....then DO NOT open the attachment!

It is funny though...... ;)

Attachments

• Smooth Edge Can Opener Party Instructions.doc
    20 KB · Views: 389
Crap, I sent her the instructions that you guys posted for me (can't go to youtube to watch the video, it is a blocked website here at work). She sent me a message saying she was going to bring it in to work tomorrow for me to show her how it's done because she can't figure it out. I will look like a total dummy if I can't get it to work since I have never used it. <sigh>

Jessica

I love those instructions.... I think I may do that at my friends party in Oct. I think she will get a kick out of that.

I have a fun way to introduce the can opener to guests. I tell them to hold the can opener in front of them, like they are trimming hedges. Open and close onto can. When it is gripped, turn the handle all the way around. To take the lid off, I show them the little part I call the "parrot's beak" to pry the lid off. Guests remember this funny way of explaining the can opener.

JaimeQ said:
I love those instructions.... I think I may do that at my friends party in Oct. I think she will get a kick out of that.
Maybe for bridal showers? :)

I was stressing over nothing. She brought it over and it took about 2 tries to get it to latch on. Now I think I need one. ;)

I just tell them the biggest thing is to hold the opener 90 degree from the can...at a right angle, unlike most traditional can openers, which you hold along the side of a can at a 45 degree angle or so.

I always tell them to pretend they are a little kid and play airplane with it - spread the "wings" and say "zooooom" fly it on top of the can where it "lands" and picks up the passenger -- the can. I pick it up so they can see that the can is "locked on" when it's done right...

They all think it's pretty funny and it helps them remember. I have had past guests that are at multiple shows tell me each time they open a can now they "zoooooms"... so i guess that's fun :) I sell a boat load of them so i must be doing something right.

And I sure hope you are cross selling the can strainer! It isn't much, but it helps;)

1. How do I use the Pampered Chef Can Opener?

To use the Pampered Chef Can Opener, first place the opener on top of the can with the cutting wheel aligned with the edge of the can. Then, twist the knob clockwise to puncture the can and continue turning until the can is fully open. Finally, use the built-in lid lifter to remove the lid.

2. Is the Pampered Chef Can Opener dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Can Opener is dishwasher safe. Simply place it in the dishwasher with the rest of your dishes for easy cleaning.

3. Can the Pampered Chef Can Opener be used on all types of cans?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Can Opener can be used on most cans, including standard size cans and pop-top cans. However, it is not recommended for use on large or irregularly shaped cans.

4. How do I remove the cutting wheel for cleaning?

To remove the cutting wheel on the Pampered Chef Can Opener, simply twist the knob counterclockwise until the wheel is released. Then, remove the wheel and clean it with warm soapy water before reattaching it to the opener.

5. Can the Pampered Chef Can Opener be used by left-handed individuals?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Can Opener is designed to be used by both right and left-handed individuals. The knob can be easily switched to the other side for comfortable use by left-handed individuals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rebecca Balde
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Rioron
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kcmckay
  • Products and Tips
Replies