• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Taco Seasoning From Sw Seasoning?

In summary, you can use any SW seasoning to make taco seasoning, with the Southwest Seasoning from Pampered Chef being the best option. The recommended amount to use is 2 tablespoons per 1 pound of ground meat, but it can be adjusted according to taste. You can make a larger batch by multiplying the ingredients and it can last for up to 6 months when stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. No additional ingredients are needed, but you can add cumin, chili powder, or garlic powder for added flavor. Remember to label the container with the date and ingredients used for future reference.
susanr613
Gold Member
I just returned from the market with all the fixings for tacos...except the seasoning mix! I can't deal with going out in the sub-zero weather again, so I would appreciate any/all tips you have on making my own taco seasoning. I do have most of a jar of our SW seasoning mix and a pretty wide variety of other spices.

Please help me save taco night :cry:

Thanks!

There's a recipe for Taco Filling on the bottle. It's just adding 3 T mix and 8 oz tomato sauce to your cooked ground beef.

I made tacos last night and just sprinkled it on the meat as it browned. Everyone liked it like that too.

thanks so much!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you forgot to pick up taco seasoning at the market. Luckily, you have our SW seasoning mix and a variety of other spices at your disposal. Here's a quick and easy recipe for homemade taco seasoning using the ingredients you have on hand:- 1 tablespoon SW seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepperSimply mix all of these ingredients together and use it as you would a store-bought taco seasoning mix. You can adjust the amounts of each spice to your liking and even add in some red pepper flakes for a little extra heat. I hope this helps you save taco night and stay warm in the comfort of your own home. Happy cooking!

1. Can I use any SW seasoning to make taco seasoning?

Yes, you can use any SW seasoning to make taco seasoning. However, the best one to use is the Southwest Seasoning from Pampered Chef as it has the perfect blend of spices for a delicious taco seasoning.

2. How much SW seasoning should I use to make taco seasoning?

The recommended amount of Southwest Seasoning to use for taco seasoning is 2 tablespoons per 1 pound of ground meat. Adjust the amount according to your preference and taste.

3. Can I make a larger batch of taco seasoning using SW seasoning?

Yes, you can make a larger batch of taco seasoning using SW seasoning. Simply multiply the ingredients by the desired amount. The shelf life of homemade taco seasoning is approximately 6 months.

4. Are there any additional ingredients needed to make taco seasoning with SW seasoning?

No, the Southwest Seasoning from Pampered Chef already contains all the necessary spices for taco seasoning. However, you can add some additional ingredients such as cumin, chili powder, or garlic powder to customize the flavor according to your preference.

5. How do I store homemade taco seasoning made with SW seasoning?

You can store the homemade taco seasoning in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. It is recommended to label the container with the date and ingredients used for easy reference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JBigler
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jkinak
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies